Sept/Oct Planners Check in here

Hi there

Hope you dont mind a Kiwi joining your thread. We are going to WDW on Sept 19th 2010 until 3rd Oct 2010 and then taking two weeks to drive up to New York stopping in at a few places.

I dont many Kiwis other than my family who are disney mad so its neat to find a whole lot of Aussies who are.

Welcome - sounds like a great trip you have planned. :cheer2:

hey
we love the kiwi's..so welcome.

we did the food and wine fest last year, tried some kiwi wine but the funniest thing is that the guy who served us was south american and didnt seem to even know where new zealand was :)

looking forward to trying more food/wine this year and dont forget you can use the snack voucher in your dining plan to get food at the stalls....

have a great day........:cheer2:

Hi there

Hope you dont mind a Kiwi joining your thread. We are going to WDW on Sept 19th 2010 until 3rd Oct 2010 and then taking two weeks to drive up to New York stopping in at a few places.

I dont many Kiwis other than my family who are disney mad so its neat to find a whole lot of Aussies who are.

:welcome: Most of us here are Disney mad too, so join right in :thumbsup2

When in the US (and the UK too), most of them can not tell the difference between and Aussie and Kiwi accent anyway :lmao: to them we are all one. :rotfl:

When in the US (and the UK too), most of them can not tell the difference between and Aussie and Kiwi accent anyway :lmao: to them we are all one. :rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl2: the Yanks just know we are something OTHER than North American...lol...usually English in our case.
I can often pick the difference between the American and Canadian accent though after a few sentences. Which makes the Canadians feel very special :goodvibes

In the US I quite often am asked in I am English. With a look of horror I quickly correct them I am from Australia.

:happytv::happytv::happytv:

Hey we are going in sept/oct. We are from Sydney. We are planing on staying at WDW.....just waiting to see if we can get a discount on rooms there! We got our flights through V australia. It was cheaper to go on their net page and do it than to call them, the guy on the phone couldn't match the offer the net did! Also flight center will beat it again by only $1 per person, but they give you a $20per person voucher to use on something else like car hire. So with 6 of us going it was $120...better for us. Our fare was around $1660. Including taxes etc return to orlando. Hope this helps any of you. Glad to see some Aussie mates on here!

This is funny, when we were in disneyland last year my girls got asked are they from New Zealand? They of course said "No". ( I told the lady not to swear at them like that, sorry my New Zealand friend we do love you!) she then said oh you are from England......no don't you know we are true blooded Aussies!!!!! She said we all sound the same. We did hear some New Zealand accents when we were there and it was nice, they do sound the same to us after hearing the yanky accent for over two weeks. We love our neighbours.

The clock is ticking and the days are fast running out.

It didn't seem all that long ago we had 12 months, then all of a sudden 6 months ticked by now 5.

It won't be long before we start our countdown. Last time I created a special disney calander with a different character each day all the way to Mickey Mouse on departure day. Our 2 DD took turns crossing off the days. This time we are using a disney paper chain with disney caharcters and trivia I got from a fellow DISer.

Is time flying fast for all Sept/Oct travellers?

:banana: :banana: :banana:

The clock is ticking and the days are fast running out.

It didn't seem all that long ago we had 12 months, then all of a sudden 6 months ticked by now 5.

It won't be long before we start our countdown. Last time I created a special disney calander with a different character each day all the way to Mickey Mouse on departure day. Our 2 DD took turns crossing off the days. This time we are using a disney paper chain with disney caharcters and trivia I got from a fellow DISer.

Is time flying fast for all Sept/Oct travellers?

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I can't believe how the time is flying. I remember thinking it was 9 months away and now it's 4 months, 3 weeks and 1 day until we leave :banana:

It is so exciting, once the ADR window opened at 6 months that made it feel a lot closer. Now with just under 5 months to go it is even more exciting. But I keep thinking that we still have June/July school holidays to get through yet before hitting September, thats another whole term and a half of school (for the kids but its the calender our family goes by) which makes it seem like ages :laughing:

Count me in for September arriving in LA 17th Sept (day after my b'day) travelling up the cali coast then hitting WDW on the 23rd then NY on the 30th for a few days

So so excited just over 4 months and we're there woohoo

Any shopping tips for DTD or NY

Count me in for September arriving in LA 17th Sept (day after my b'day) travelling up the cali coast then hitting WDW on the 23rd then NY on the 30th for a few days

So so excited just over 4 months and we're there woohoo

Any shopping tips for DTD or NY

There is a thread a bit further down this page (sorry I don't know how to post links) that has USA shopping recomendations - its about 4 pages long and has lots of good tips.

Hope you have a great trip.

Hi Sept/Oct planners

Im new to this, so hope im doing it right!

We are a family of four travelling to the US on Sept 17th! Im having trouble deciding on accom in WDW. I have two boys aged 14 & 11 that are into sport. We looked at the sport resort but for the little extra i thought i would try a moderate resort. Any suggestions PLEASE!!!! We are there for 8 nights from sept 27th. Have been quoted prices through Dreams Unlimited. Also any help for Dining Reservations would be great!!!

shan08, depends on what standard of accommodation that you are happy with. My family and myself have stayed at All Star Sports and All Star Music, and thanks to purchasing DVC are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge when we travel there this Sept. The All Stars are perfectly acceptable, great value resorts with big pools, good value quick dining options and at a great price.
However if you are someone who expects a little more "comfort" around the edges, then a moderate resort may be the go. For us we couldn't justify the extra cost when we first went, as we would rather spend extra money at the parks.

Get on the excellent website allears.net if you haven't already found it. It has a good range of photos of all the resorts which should be of assistance. Also try tripadvisor.com for guest reviews and photos.

To each his own......

hey

counting down...very excited..

re accom for teenagers..stay at the value places ie all stars/ sports, and get 2 rooms with connecting door....it will work out about the same as a mod resort and you get a bit more room..2 doubles per room, with 2 bth rooms..

or a family suite at all stars?? there is either 30% off or free quick service dining included...and they have great pools etc at these resorts, the moderates can be a little more adult...

Thanks for the info guys! I recieved a quote back for two rooms at all stars and was way more than a moderate once we include fridge prices. Whats a family suite at the all stars??
What would you choose between Carribean or Riverside??

Thanks for the info guys! I recieved a quote back for two rooms at all stars and was way more than a moderate once we include fridge prices. Whats a family suite at the all stars??
What would you choose between Carribean or Riverside??

I've just come back from Port Orleans Riverside and stayed in the Magnolia Terrace half. It was a lovely resort. I haven't stayed at Carribean...and I don't think that you'll go wrong with either resort. You just have to work out which theme you prefer.
For me, the deciding factor for POR was that it had boat transportation to DTD.

We are booked to fly out on 13th September for 2.5 weeks.. we are doing Anaheim and San Diego ...

Can't wait..

Looks like we will stay at Embassy Suites in Anaheim

Hi, fairly new to the disboards and love the fact there is a site especially for Aussie members. Spent the last few weeks reading all that I could find on tips for WDW, DCL & AK. Lots of great info for DVC newbies like me.

Sept / Oct we will be doing the Med Cruise followed by WBTA, 3 weeks at WDW staying at AK, and 3 days at Universal to see Harry Potter theme park.

Any words of wisdom about staying at AK.
Things I am not to sure on is buying groceries, just thought of getting the basics, tea, coffee, milk etc and maybe some snacks, hopefully we will be at the parks for lunch and dinner. From the Disboards, a lot of people order from places outside WDW, given I just want the basics is it worth going down this road?
What about rooms, any pointers on best studio savanna view room to ask for when we book in at Kidani Village?

Has anyone been to the food and wine festival? Cannot seem to find out much about this except on the Disney site, want to find out more before we go so I can do some planning.

Thanks

B

12 weeks today for us, woo hoo!!!!! But can't do the countdown calendars this year as the kids don't know yet. Gonna be one hell of a surprise

12 weeks today for us, woo hoo!!!!! But can't do the countdown calendars this year as the kids don't know yet. Gonna be one hell of a surprise

Congratulations! Won't be too long now...

I'll bite....How are you planning on telling the kids? And I'd love a blow by blow account when you do. I LOVE living vicariously like this - especially if it's good news stories. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter