Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repositioning Repossession Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else get the wonderful Thanksgiving present from DCL?
No, no gift? Me either, instead i got the tax adjustment letter letting me know they will be adding more to my bill.

Man, I was actually excited to open it because I thought maybe they had taken off the gas surcharge. Silly me!!!

Oh well, I guess they had to do it.

Oh man this sounds negative - I was being sarcasticly funny while I typed it.... It just didn't translate into print!!!:lmao:

No DCL mail here. It would be nice if they removed the gas surcharge but I bet they leave it there and play the wait and see game (if oil prices remain low by the time PIF date rolls around then they will remove them, if they should go back up they stay).

For the 3 adults in our room it is approximately $22.50 total additional from what is printed on my confirmation sheet. Can't see what the reason is for the change, hopefully we will get a hint soon.

Pj

On the Fuel charges, if the PIF date has past then DCL says if they lift the charge, it will be placed on the room account as a credit.

There is a whole thread on a comment made by a DCL spokesperson about the charge and the conditions that would have to be meet for DCL to lift it. Something about 30 consecutive days of crude closing below $70/barrel. On Nov 4th it closed above $70, just, making the DIS discussers think that DCL reset the clock, since the first close below $70 was mid October.

OPEC just decided, this week, to not cut production until the next meeting, at which time they might cut production. The Saudi prince stated that he thinks that $75/barrel would be a fair price.

I have been watching this closely since I have a cruise in Feb of '09.

Pj

Did anyone else get the wonderful Thanksgiving present from DCL?
No, no gift? Me either, instead i got the tax adjustment letter letting me know they will be adding more to my bill.

Man, I was actually excited to open it because I thought maybe they had taken off the gas surcharge. Silly me!!!

Oh well, I guess they had to do it.

Oh man this sounds negative - I was being sarcasticly funny while I typed it.... It just didn't translate into print!!!:lmao:

I got it today -- and I was excited also... I am booked on the Wonder in February, and as I opened it, I wondered if this was the way that DCL would tell me I got upgraded. Ha!

Marilyn

Any idea what the theme/images/wording will be on these? (ie, pirate: ?)

Thanks, Lynne

They are not designed yet.....and since the cruise is not for almost 2 more years (OUCH!!), they won't get done for a while. The lanyards themselves will have probably say "Westbound TransAtlantic on the Disney Magic" and have the dates on them. I haven't decided on a color yet. The name badges will be two sided. On the front side will be an image that is probably similar to the cruise banner (at least in color and theme) that Brooklyn designed that is in my (and many other people's) signature. So I'll try to use the flags, etc. The front side will also have each person's first name and then their DIS Screenname. On the reverse will be some DCL oriented image and then a list of the DIS names of all the members of the lanyard team who helped subsidize the cost of the project as a big THANK YOU to them!

(As a reminder to everyone....if you are interested in being a part of the lanyard team and chipping in towards the lanyards, please send a PM to my "co-captain", Hadley, at her DIS screenname here---NHDisneylover. She is compiling the list).

Beyond that description above I probably won't share TOO much info about the final product because then the lanyards can be a nice surprise!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

They are not designed yet.....and since the cruise is not for almost 2 more years (OUCH!!), they won't get done for a while. The lanyards themselves will have probably say "Westbound TransAtlantic on the Disney Magic" and have the dates on them. I haven't decided on a color yet. The name badges will be two sided. On the front side will be an image that is probably similar to the cruise banner (at least in color and theme) that Brooklyn designed that is in my (and many other people's) signature. So I'll try to use the flags, etc. The front side will also have each person's first name and then their DIS Screenname. On the reverse will be some DCL oriented image and then a list of the DIS names of all the members of the lanyard team who helped subsidize the cost of the project as a big THANK YOU to them!

(As a reminder to everyone....if you are interested in being a part of the lanyard team and chipping in towards the lanyards, please send a PM to my "co-captain", Hadley, at her DIS screenname here---NHDisneylover. She is compiling the list).

Beyond that description above I probably won't share TOO much info about the final product because then the lanyards can be a nice surprise!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I know I do not post very often, but I have said I would contibute toward the lanyards and I do not want to come off as controversial.

I do not want to stir the pot, but every time I have contributed to the cost of lanyards (which has been many) the people contributing voted on the color, the wording, the layout of the nametags etc. One person did not make all the decisions, but took the lead in coming up with the design options or compiling the options from others and passing on the information through PM's to those contributing to make the final decision. I hope one person is not making all the decisions on this one. I for one would like to have a say in what my contibution is paying for.

on the aug 08 repo dcl wanted to raise the fare 100 dollars, panama canal taxes or whatever went up.i think the may 08 repo also not sure, a bunch of people faught it and won. dcl decided they will not raise the cruise 100 dollars a person. this cruise its only raising 7.57 a person not much to fight for, so it will probaly stay i cant see to many people calling in about this.
i can see dcl charging the extra for new bookings but once you already booked your cruise shouldnt go up.

It's been years since I've been to Laguna Seca. As I recall, it can be HOT and there is little shade, so take a hat and sunscreen.

Monterey is nice, but IMHO can be crowded with tourists. We enjoyed our stays in nearby Pacific Grove, which has a slower pace and is more relaxed. I highly recommend the Pacific Grove Inn.

On the way down, a popular place to visit is the Hearst Castle in San Simeon. Then, there are many nice places to stay overnight in Santa Barbara. If you like wine, you can go on a winery tour of the locations used in the film Sideways.

Have a great time.

Woody

Thankyou, I am grateful for yho.
I am away to check the links out.
Also hoped you enjoyed the beach, my cousin is not daft moving to La, it was -9 here last night, -5 all day!! bbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr

A bit like UNDERDOG then? Everybody I know hated that film, we loved it, maybe cause it had a beagle in it, although, with a title like bolt and considering my beagle bolts at every chance he gets, maybe this has a beagle in it too!:rotfl:

Think its like a little boxer. It looks really good and funny!

Me, too!:banana: :banana: :banana:

But I've never had to wait so long for a cruise!

I think the longest was only two months and this is almost two years! :headache:

What can I do for the next two years to distract myself:rolleyes: ? I usually have a baby or something like that, but that's getting a little ridiculous:laughing: ...Maybe I'll become a concert pianist or somethin'. Seems I have the time...

Oh, btw, my two oldest DD20 and DD18 will be in college, so we'll only have the 6 younger ones--only two rooms! The ages will be...DD's 15, 15, 13, 11, DS's 8, 5

Yes, the hormones will ooze out of the girls' room...so beware if you choose to approach. You may get injured, otherwise.

We're cat 11. What happened to all the 12's? We're GTY, and with the time of year, I'm expecting an upgrade, but it doesn't matter to me. Deck 4 is my FAVORITE place on the boat...that and the dessert buffet line. :rolleyes:

I think the Cat 12's might have all been given out to people on the Inventry Control wait list. I sent a request off for a Cat 12 directly after the cruise and heard nothing. Then booked this one (as the IC had actually been for only 1 person and I needed it for 2) and got a call to say they had reserved me a Cat 12. When I worked out the price though it was pretty much identicle to the Cat 11 price (I think it was like $40 cheaper)

Sandi, told my husband about Airfrance--be careful...he works with Europeans and they have warned him that AirFrance is a big rip off when it comes to luggage. They charge you by the pound and if your carry on is too big, they take that, weigh it and charge you for that.

I remember chatting with Ducky Williams in Barcelona and he was irate because Air France had charged him $700 for his luggage.

BTW, we LOVE Ducky. We got chummy with him and his friends, because we met them before we knew they were famous! BUT BUT BUT it was Hadley who got TWO!!!!!! (yes TWO!) of his drawing. <<< jealously spitting;) >>>> I hope he's on the TA!

Unfortunately Airfrance isn't the only one that does this. Alot of the cheapier European airlines do this now!

I am going shopping, have I told you all I hate shopping??
In march I bought us both walking boots for switzerland, last week I got them down from the loft to walk them in, 2nd time i had mine on the buckle burst, leonards were 2 diff sizes????!!!!! because it is so long ago they dont believe me that we bought them like that??
Have I told you that i hate shopping?
Any way going to buy new boots(AGAIN):sad2:

A little late I know but Clarks have a sale on and have good walking boots

Hello, i'm from The Netherlands (europe) and i will been also on this trip.

And we don't ripped off EVERYTHING, but we have rules at live that way.

I agree not everything but I think the overall cost of living in Europe is higher than in the US

A little late I know but Clarks have a sale on and have good walking boots

Thanks, Len got boots, I never so I will have a look tom when I am at work.

I cant mind who I flew with last but I also had to pay to check in at the airport! My printer was not working so could not print boarding cards.
Re the cat 12's, we could not get one either, bet you are right, I never thought of that.
I am trying to plan ca:scared: ,woody gave me some links which are great, I have never been good at making decisions..:dance3:

Oh I live the idea of using that image! Could probably reduce the width by wrapping the flags around a little which will look cool, or some flags at the top some at the bottom. Anything will be great though as I know from previous cruises you always get good ones

I know I do not post very often, but I have said I would contibute toward the lanyards and I do not want to come off as controversial.

I do not want to stir the pot, but every time I have contributed to the cost of lanyards (which has been many) the people contributing voted on the color, the wording, the layout of the nametags etc. One person did not make all the decisions, but took the lead in coming up with the design options or compiling the options from others and passing on the information through PM's to those contributing to make the final decision. I hope one person is not making all the decisions on this one. I for one would like to have a say in what my contibution is paying for.

Well, I've already contacted Hadley to participate on the lanyard team. All I can say is that Erik was responsible for the lanyards on our DD this past September and we LOVED them!!! He used our logo and it was great! We were able to spot our fellow DISer's and it was a great ice breaker to meet so many fellow cruisers. Even those that don't DIS but were part of our group loved the idea. Conversations with people who would normally be perfect strangers were opened with I see you DIS - I'm so and so on the DIS. We had so many beautiful conversations with wonderful people and I know that would not have happened if I had an ordinary lanyard. I totally trust Erik's judgement in this! :thumbsup2

Well, I've already contacted Hadley to participate on the lanyard team. All I can say is that Erik was responsible for the lanyards on our DD this past September and we LOVED them!!! He used our logo and it was great! We were able to spot our fellow DISer's and it was a great ice breaker to meet so many fellow cruisers. Even those that don't DIS but were part of our group loved the idea. Conversations with people who would normally be perfect strangers were opened with I see you DIS - I'm so and so on the DIS. We had so many beautiful conversations with wonderful people and I know that would not have happened if I had an ordinary lanyard. I totally trust Erik's judgement in this! :thumbsup2

I agree 100%!!! I totally trust Erik too. He did a great job on the Double Dip and I don't think we have to worry. Sometimes too many people responding make it more complicated then it has to be, but that is my opinion! I am sure they will be beautiful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter