Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repositioning Repossession Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry I upset you, I am also sorry you felt that you had to get a new user name to say so. I should have said in the uk then, we get charged for everything, I dont understand the last part. " but we have rules at live that way"
This is only my humble opinion! I know others will not agree, thats what makes us all differant.
Also it was my french colleage that said about the french strike thing.
Ps, I have visited the Netherlands many times and love it.

I only read this forum and never put a message on the forum. But i only wanted let you now that not all country's in Europe are the same. But your from the UK so you now that. And okay the france are different and they strike alot.

Forget about the rules i can't explain that in english.

Thanks, i like living in The Netherlands, and when i want nice old city i go to your country. And offcourse America.

We're all friends :hug: and I do believe you can get ripped off in EVERY country:eek: , even the good old USA.(Old compared to what? The other countries of the world?!:rotfl: ) I know I am doing my best to get ripped off in as many countries as possible, and I have found GREAT success in this endeavor. :sad2:

So that's part of the reason we are here...to watch out for each other, pass on tons of gossip, and dream and plan to our hearts content. :cloud9: I saved LOTS of money on my first TA because of the boards, hundreds. So anyone hear of a rip-off, no matter what country...WRITE IT HERE!!!!!!!

It would help if you put "attn: Dizzney DAnna" on all money saving advice, as I am a rip off magnet, but I'm sure that's too much to ask.;) :lmao:

Yes dizneydan, I agree, I am here to make friends and chat:surfweb: How else could I get through night shifts? Work?;) Yes,work I could try that!
Woody, I noticed you are from La, we are heading there in july:cheer2:
We are driving from san fran to la, we are going to laguna seca for the moto gp. Where would be a good place to stay, Monteray? Also another place on the way down? It is so difficult to decide, we havent got a clue.

We're all friends and I do believe you can get ripped off in EVERY country, even the good old USA.
As I write, we are hosting guests from England. They complain that the luggage carts here at the Los Angeles airport are "a big rip off." It costs $3 for a luggage cart to take one's bags from curb to the ticket counter. I guess they're used to free luggage carts, the way Americans are used to free soda refills.

Woody

As I write, we are hosting guests from England. They complain that the luggage carts here at the Los Angeles airport are "a big rip off." It costs $3 for a luggage cart to take one's bags from curb to the ticket counter. I guess they're used to free luggage carts, the way Americans are used to free soda refills.

Woody

Sandford airport in fl is like that, thats why I have a suitcase with wheels,lol.

Hey everyone.....

Jason and I had a very relaxing Thanksgiving break on Thursday and Friday. Thanksgiving is our holiday together ALONE so we don't see family (we text or email everyone to say Happy Thanksgiving :lmao: ) and we make a nice dinner for just us and then we lay around in our PJ's and watch movies all day!:cool1: :cool1: So that was our Thursday. On Friday we put up our Xmas decorations (all our inside decorations are tigger and roo themed, of course...the tree...the garland...all of it :tigger:).

Now I'm back to the grind...coaching all day....and have a short break between cheerleading lessons to hop online and post the following news.......

If you are interested in having lanyards made up for you & your traveling party (free of charge thanks to the generous support/donation of members of the "lanyard team" who will help pay for the project), please send an email to the following email address: WBTAlanyards@yahoo.com

In your email please include ALL of the following information:

1.) DIS Screenname---SPELLED & CAPITALIZED THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO APPEAR ON YOUR NAME BADGE (Note: If there is one main poster for an entire family or group, then just submit the one DIS name. If other members in your group have their own DIS names they'd like printed, then please include their DIS names, as well.)
2.) First names for every member of your group---please make sure correct spellings are submitted!! (Note: Please make the first name on your list the name that coincides with the primary DIS name. If there are multiple DIS names in your group, please list DIS name and First name together)
3.) Stateroom Number---You only need to submit one stateroom number per group even if you are spread out over multiple staterooms.
4.) If you are on the B2B with the last 10-night Med, please indicate that, as well---I will have the lanyards for the B2Bers available on day of embarkation for the Med cruise so that even though we are a much smaller crew...we'll see and recognize each other around the ship

(DisneyVegas1 & Brooklyn----can you post these directions in Post #1 and on the webpage so that everyone can see them and so that newcomers can check out the directions and send in their information? Thanks!!)

Ahhh, not going to let those Americans rip you off!

Woody

No, Ive never got any change when I get of a flight,just for the record I said it was the uk that you get ripped off(taxes etc I was reffering to) just incase anybody starts reading from this post and I upset them.

No suggestions for hotels in the mid range?
I have looked at 20 in the last half hour, I need to book one and stop looking!

Hey everyone.....

Jason and I had a very relaxing Thanksgiving break on Thursday and Friday. Thanksgiving is our holiday together ALONE so we don't see family (we text or email everyone to say Happy Thanksgiving :lmao: ) and we make a nice dinner for just us and then we lay around in our PJ's and watch movies all day!:cool1: :cool1: So that was our Thursday. On Friday we put up our Xmas decorations (all our inside decorations are tigger and roo themed, of course...the tree...the garland...all of it :tigger:).

Now I'm back to the grind...coaching all day....and have a short break between cheerleading lessons to hop online and post the following news.......

If you are interested in having lanyards made up for you & your traveling party (free of charge thanks to the generous support/donation of members of the "lanyard team" who will help pay for the project), please send an email to the following email address: WBTAlanyards@yahoo.com

1.) DIS Screenname---SPELLED & CAPITALIZED THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO APPEAR ON YOUR NAME BADGE (Note: If there is one main poster for an entire family or group, then just submit the one DIS name. If other members in your group have their own DIS names they'd like printed, then please include their DIS names, as well.)
2.) First names for every member of your group---please make sure correct spellings are submitted!! (Note: Please make the first name on your list the name that coincides with the primary DIS name. If there are multiple DIS names in your group, please list DIS name and First name together)
3.) Stateroom Number---You only need to submit one stateroom number per group even if you are spread out over multiple staterooms.
4.) If you are on the B2B with the last 10-night Med, please indicate that, as well---I will have the lanyards for the B2Bers available on day of embarkation for the Med cruise so that even though we are a much smaller crew...we'll see and recognize each other around the ship

(DisneyVegas1 & Brooklyn----can you post these directions in Post #1 and on the webpage so that everyone can see them and so that newcomers can check out the directions and send in their information? Thanks!!)

Thats very kind. Glad you are having a nice thanksgiving.

So that's part of the reason we are here...to watch out for each other, pass on tons of gossip, and dream and plan to our hearts content.

And okay the france are different and they strike alot.
I learn -- and share -- a great deal of travel information on these and other travel boards.

We've been to France a dozen times, most recently just last month for two weeks. Labor strikes are common in France, and the train and airport workers often join in a strike to show their support. There have been times when we were in Paris not knowing if we would be able to get to the airport the next day.

Woody

No, Ive never got any change when I get of a flight,just for the record I said it was the uk that you get ripped off(taxes etc I was reffering to) just incase anybody starts reading from this post and I upset them.
I really don't think anyone would get upset.

Woody

Woody, I noticed you are from La, we are heading there in july

We are driving from san fran to la, we are going to laguna seca for the moto gp. Where would be a good place to stay, Monteray? Also another place on the way down? It is so difficult to decide, we havent got a clue.
We're heading out to the beach. When we get back, I'll give you some suggestions.

Woody

Hey everyone.....

Its been added to the front page :thumbsup2

pirate:

Thank you Erik for volunteering to do the lanyards again! I can't wait to see them!!!!

I survived Black Friday...the store wasn't as messy as it has been in years past so it was a great day! I was able to help make a few guest's days with finding merchandise for them so it made me very happy!

No work for me tonight so I"m going to a sushi buffet!!!! Yummy! :)

Have a great night everyone!

Thank you sooooo much for the advice on Air France. I will continue looking for airfare! Yes, I believe you can get ripped off anywhere, but if you know of a place - America or Europe - please let us know. I don't think anyone should get offended. I would rather hear something and not do it - like Air France - then do it and cry to you all on the ship and all of you tell me then. I would be devastated that no one told me. I think Universal Studios in Orlando is a rip-off if you are not over the age of 8! That is my "rip-off" for the day.

My husband is STILL hanging lights and we are getting ready for the big USC vs. Notre Dame game. Glad to hear that everyone survived Black Friday. I ordered something off the internet yesterday around noon and it arrived at my door today at 2:00. I didn't even pay for the rush shipping! I couldn't believe it! Have a fun night!

It's been years since I've been to Laguna Seca. As I recall, it can be HOT and there is little shade, so take a hat and sunscreen.

Monterey is nice, but IMHO can be crowded with tourists. We enjoyed our stays in nearby Pacific Grove, which has a slower pace and is more relaxed. I highly recommend the Pacific Grove Inn.

On the way down, a popular place to visit is the Hearst Castle in San Simeon. Then, there are many nice places to stay overnight in Santa Barbara. If you like wine, you can go on a winery tour of the locations used in the film Sideways.

Have a great time.

Woody

Did anyone else get the wonderful Thanksgiving present from DCL?
No, no gift? Me either, instead i got the tax adjustment letter letting me know they will be adding more to my bill.

Man, I was actually excited to open it because I thought maybe they had taken off the gas surcharge. Silly me!!!

Oh well, I guess they had to do it.

Oh man this sounds negative - I was being sarcasticly funny while I typed it.... It just didn't translate into print!!!:lmao:

Did anyone else get the wonderful Thanksgiving present from DCL?
No, no gift? Me either, instead i got the tax adjustment letter letting me know they will be adding more to my bill.

Man, I was actually excited to open it because I thought maybe they had taken off the gas surcharge. Silly me!!!

I was, first, excited :thumbsup2 that they had assigned me a room for cat 11 GTY - why would they do that this soon? Then I thought it might be a decrease in some fare - again, what was I thinking? And finally, okay, it's a holiday card. :santa: Wrong again.

If fuel charges stay down over the next two years, are we going to have a decrease in the fuel supplement? :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter