Sept 14, 2013 - Western Fantasy Cruise!!!

My husband thinks I am completely insane. Today we got our Planning Guide for this cruise - - happy dance!! :banana:

It was just way cool to see our reservation #, stateroom # and Castaway Member # all on official Disney stationery!! :cool1:

Hi all!pixiedust:
We have finally moved our dummy date from our May 2012 OBB to this sailing. Had to wait for UT's football schedule for 2013 to be released. DH has to take clients to every home game which disrupts my travel plans.:headache:
Guess you have to work to get paid.
We would live to do the FE again. That was great!
We did a western this year in May but no Easterns would work with the 2013 football schedule...so western again it is.
Rooms 5190 & 5192. Kids will be Anderson 5 1/2, Harrington 3 1/2, and Ashlyn 14.
Look forward to our trip!:yay:

So I just read the thread after posting and saw lots of kids in the 3-5 age group. So excited about that b/c 2 of ours are as well!

In case it helps anyone...
This year on the western we did:
Cozumel- nacchi Cocum
Costa maya- snorkel trip
Grand cayman- island tour/turtle farm/pirate ship
I'd be happy to elaborate on those when I'm not typing on my iPhone.

The FE list is slowly growing, mamiof2 suggeted getting everyones favourite disney character which i think is a good idea. Children will probably change their minds between now and september so I will ask closer to the time but just something to think about.

Hi all!pixiedust:
We have finally moved our dummy date from our May 2012 OBB to this sailing. Had to wait for UT's football schedule for 2013 to be released. DH has to take clients to every home game which disrupts my travel plans.:headache:
Guess you have to work to get paid.
We would live to do the FE again. That was great!
We did a western this year in May but no Easterns would work with the 2013 football schedule...so western again it is.
Rooms 5190 & 5192. Kids will be Anderson 5 1/2, Harrington 3 1/2, and Ashlyn 14.
Look forward to our trip!:yay:

hello
I have added you to the FE list could you PM me an email address please and also your and your DH names.

Many thanks

Looking for some kid friendly places to see, any tips?

DD and I did the island tour in Grand Cayman while DH and DS4 did the pirate thing. We all had fun. DS4 saw our pics of the turtle farm and wants to do that next time. It is easy to do on your own if you want.

In Cozumel we did Nachi Cocum. It was great! This next time DH and I will probably snorkel while the kids stay onboard.

In Costa Maya DH and I snorkels and it was terrible! We will use this as a ship day next time.

HTH!

DD and I did the island tour in Grand Cayman while DH and DS4 did the pirate thing. We all had fun. DS4 saw our pics of the turtle farm and wants to do that next time. It is easy to do on your own if you want.

In Cozumel we did Nachi Cocum. It was great! This next time DH and I will probably snorkel while the kids stay onboard.

In Costa Maya DH and I snorkels and it was terrible! We will use this as a ship day next time.

HTH!

I was wondering how you snorkeled with your young kids, and I've read that some leave their kids on board while they participate in excursions. I don't know how we'll feel about that next year, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Is Nachi Cocum the Mayan ruins in Cozumel? Don't they have a Mayan Ruins tour in Costa Maya also? The last time we were in Cozumel (before we had kids), we at the BEST Mexican food we ever had! I think we're going to look for that restaurant again. :yay::yay:

Someone, and I forget who so please forgive me, said that they had already received paperwork. Has everyone received something? We haven't received anything, so I'm wondering if I need to contact our TA.

Thanks!:wave2:

-Leah

Someone, and I forget who so please forgive me, said that they had already received paperwork. Has everyone received something? We haven't received anything, so I'm wondering if I need to contact our TA.

-Leah

Hi Leah,

I received a small travel planning booklet last week (I think). We re-booked while on board the Fantasy in September so perhaps that's why it was sent? Not sure but that cruise was our first DCL cruise and for that one, we didn't receive any official papers from Disney until we had paid in full.

Karyn

ATLMinnie said:
I was wondering how you snorkeled with your young kids, and I've read that some leave their kids on board while they participate in excursions. I don't know how we'll feel about that next year, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Is Nachi Cocum the Mayan ruins in Cozumel? Don't they have a Mayan Ruins tour in Costa Maya also? The last time we were in Cozumel (before we had kids), we at the BEST Mexican food we ever had! I think we're going to look for that restaurant again. :yay::yay:

-Leah

We snorkeled sans children...left them onboard on the clubs.
Nachicocum is an all inclusive beach club in Cozumel. They have really yummy mexican food there as well. I do believe there is some sort of ruins tour on Costa Maya thru DCL, but I don't know anything about it.

Hi all,
Just off the Fantasy Sept 29 cruise and we booked our 6th cruise with all of you. It was our first time on the Fantasy and we just didn't get to see and do everything we wanted to. We rebooked on the cruise and have cabin 9172.

If anyone has any questions about the Western or the Fantasy I'll be happy to help out if I know the answer. We have done the Western 3x now. We've done Nachi Cocum twice now. In 2011 we had PERFECT weather. This year it was really pouring HARD when we docked in Cozumel. We almost didn't go to Nachi but they said we would forfeit our money unless the resort itself closed. Apparently steady rain with clouds and lightening is not grounds to shut down. It did clear up later in afternoon & the sun came out just in time for us to have to get back on the ship. But it had rained so hard the water at Nachi was churned up and visibility for snorkeling was decreased and sitting out on the beach was just not as fun (the rain was going in my margarita and watering it down !). So just something to keep in mind. With Disney excursions we heard them announcing opportunities to cancel excursions that day with no penalties. Nachi is a terrific non-Disney excursion, but just keep in mind it takes a pretty big storm I guess for them to close and they won't refund otherwise.
There is a ruins tour in Costa Maya (we did not do it). I was concerned with such a short time in port and a 50 min bus/shuttle ride each way to see the ruins. We felt it was going to seem a bit rushed.

Our kids are older (college ages) so we are traveling without children but our friends are also booked on this cruise. We are 1st dining rotation.

Ok here goes if you are Intrested in the FE please could you PM me
Names & ages of those in family when we travel
Dis board names
Cabin number (if you have it)
Email address

Then I can start compiling a list of people and slowly add to it over time.

Thanks in advance

Sent my info. Getting very excited and feel we have way too long until our cruise.

Hi all,
Just off the Fantasy Sept 29 cruise and we booked our 6th cruise with all of you. It was our first time on the Fantasy and we just didn't get to see and do everything we wanted to. We rebooked on the cruise and have cabin 9172.

If anyone has any questions about the Western or the Fantasy I'll be happy to help out if I know the answer. We have done the Western 3x now. We've done Nachi Cocum twice now. In 2011 we had PERFECT weather. This year it was really pouring HARD when we docked in Cozumel. We almost didn't go to Nachi but they said we would forfeit our money unless the resort itself closed. Apparently steady rain with clouds and lightening is not grounds to shut down. It did clear up later in afternoon & the sun came out just in time for us to have to get back on the ship. But it had rained so hard the water at Nachi was churned up and visibility for snorkeling was decreased and sitting out on the beach was just not as fun (the rain was going in my margarita and watering it down !). So just something to keep in mind. With Disney excursions we heard them announcing opportunities to cancel excursions that day with no penalties. Nachi is a terrific non-Disney excursion, but just keep in mind it takes a pretty big storm I guess for them to close and they won't refund otherwise.
There is a ruins tour in Costa Maya (we did not do it). I was concerned with such a short time in port and a 50 min bus/shuttle ride each way to see the ruins. We felt it was going to seem a bit rushed.

Our kids are older (college ages) so we are traveling without children but our friends are also booked on this cruise. We are 1st dining rotation.

hello
we will be your neighbours on the cruise as we are in 9170.

Hi Maria and Welcome!:wave2: Glad you are joining our group!

We have friends leaving on the Dream tomorrow. I ran into the mom this morning, and they are so excited and ready. We talked about the storm a little bit, but they're not too worried. I wish I was getting on the Dream tomorrow too, but I think I could do w/out the storm.

hello
we will be your neighbours on the cruise as we are in 9170.

Hi there zippyzo ! Nice to meet ya neighbor !

And thanks for the welcome ALTMinnie ! Looking forward to getting to know everyone here :goodvibes

I was just reading the 15 page thread about the very very shaky Fantasy cruise this week. I really feel for those people. Had to be so scary !

DH and I were talking about hurricane Sandy and all that the Fantasy and Dream just experienced. We watched the video that one man took showing his room, hallway, gift shop, etc. I was talking about how scary that must have been, but not having experienced it first hand, I don't really know how I would have reacted. When I asked my husband what he was thinking, his response was, "Would we still be able to get room service?":upsidedow

DH and I were talking about hurricane Sandy and all that the Fantasy and Dream just experienced. We watched the video that one man took showing his room, hallway, gift shop, etc. I was talking about how scary that must have been, but not having experienced it first hand, I don't really know how I would have reacted. When I asked my husband what he was thinking, his response was, "Would we still be able to get room service?":upsidedow

Mine would want to know if he could still get a beer!:sad2:

Hi all,
Just off the Fantasy Sept 29 cruise and we booked our 6th cruise with all of you.

Hi! Welcome! We were on the Dream while u were on the Fantasy and at WL Villas while u were at Kidani :goodvibes So much fun!! So sad to be back to the cold and so far from "the Mouse". Next Sept cant come soon enough!

Hi! Welcome! We were on the Dream while u were on the Fantasy and at WL Villas while u were at Kidani :goodvibes So much fun!! So sad to be back to the cold and so far from "the Mouse". Next Sept cant come soon enough!

Thank you for the welcome---and that is so neat ! Sounds like you had as much fun as we did :goodvibes
It does seem like a far too distant memory at this point...and it's only been a month. Hope you fared ok with Hurricane Sandy. We just got electric/heat back yesterday after most of a day/night without. I agree....counting down to next Sept !
Wanted to wish everyone a very HAPPY HALLOWEEN !

Disney-Halloween-Mickey-Pirate-Picture.jpg

Ohhh, and PS. If anyone wants to FB friend request me feel free. Also, on our last cruise we made a FB group as a way to chat as well. Worked out great & it helped us to get acquainted further. And we had a DIS meet on embarkation day (have a nice photo from that if anyone wants to see it). Open to anything. If anyone would like to FB friend me, please PM me. I'll give you my full name. Thanks and happy haunting today (unless Halloween has been postponed like many towns around me).
Is there a FE list for our cruise ? This past cruise was my 5th but my 1st doing FE gift exchange. It was SO much fun and I'll be even better prepared this time on what to expect. Some gifts were so creative :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter