Sept 1 2013 Disney Dream

I just booked this cruise. We are DVC members and this is our 4th Disney Cruise. It is me, hubby, two sons (4 & 14). I am also bringing my niece along who is 16 and has never experienced a Disney Cruise.
I would love to participate in the FE if someone is already keeping a list. Please let me know.. Thanks, Lena

We will also be on this cruise with our 17 yr old dd!! We haven't told our 19yr old that we are going!! She can't go! She is in college. We are staying at POP after the cruise & flying her down for Night of Joy concert!! At be that will get us out of the doghouse!! This is our 5th DC. We just got off a carnival cruise!! Nothing compares to Disney!!!!!

This is a long thread already so without going through 13 pages (lol), is there a meet and greet planned?

Hi All!!

Just checking in before we head out tomorrow for college visits, WDW, and DD's wedding at Disney!! Car is all packed and we will leave bright and early tomorrow morning!

We will be in North Carolina, & South Carolina for the next week and reach WDW on Friday. DD's wedding is a week from Friday. I will try to catch up with the thread and be more active after we get back.

If there is any late comers booking that want to join the FE, a second group was started :) I wanted to help since I know so many people enjoy being part of the FE. Here is the link for anyone that is new or books later. Not sure if they allow the second thread but I thought I would try it and see.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48632958#post48632958

I emailed you. Thanks so much. I know there will be more people due to fl resident rates being released soon.
Anyone who is participating in this FE exchange, can you please add each persons fav Disney character or movie to your email to Lady Duchess? Thanks, Lena

I emailed you. Thanks so much. I know there will be more people due to fl resident rates being released soon.
Anyone who is participating in this FE exchange, can you please add each persons fav Disney character or movie to your email to Lady Duchess? Thanks, Lena

You're very welcome. I was in those same shoes last year. I unexpectedly booked my cruise 8/15/2012 and we sailed 9/9/2012. I had no idea at that time what an FE even was. I sailed last minute to enjoy a cruise with my niece. My brother was told at that time he had to relocate with his job to Vegas and he has been there ever since. Miss them. So that was one of my chances to spend with them. The FE group for the 9/9 cruise graciously accepted me and took 2 others about a week or two prior knowing not to expect gifts from all. Many in the group made extra gifts and was glad to have me share in the fun. I wanted to return the same favor with a little more pixie dust pixiedust:

You're very welcome. I was in those same shoes last year. I unexpectedly booked my cruise 8/15/2012 and we sailed 9/9/2012. I had no idea at that time what an FE even was. I sailed last minute to enjoy a cruise with my niece. My brother was told at that time he had to relocate with his job to Vegas and he has been there ever since. Miss them. So that was one of my chances to spend with them. The FE group for the 9/9 cruise graciously accepted me and took 2 others about a week or two prior knowing not to expect gifts from all. Many in the group made extra gifts and was glad to have me share in the fun. I wanted to return the same favor with a little more pixie dust pixiedust:

We ended up with 2 suitcases full of gifts not to mention, 17 magnets total from our last trip! I couldn't believe the work & creativity of the gifts.
Can't wait!

Is anyone doing Palo on this trip? This would be my first DCL experience, and I want to try Palo but I'm thinking it might be too short of a trip.

Is anyone doing Palo on this trip? This would be my first DCL experience, and I want to try Palo but I'm thinking it might be too short of a trip.

I actually just asked my DH if he wanted to try remy or palo since we never have before. We have always done the 3 night cruises and naturally never wanted to miss one of the themed restaurants in rotation. Now we have a free night on the 4 day cruise. Hmmmmm

Nicole786 said:

My DH and I were thinking of doing Palo for dinner on 9/4, which is also our anniversary. I've been thinking about it the past couple of days and the conclusion I have come to, for now, is it's our 1st DCL experience so I would rather not book anything and try out all the rotational dining options, also I figured we could spend that $40 elsewhere.

We're doing a brunch and dinner. I struggled with the decision to do the dinner since this would be my second time to miss enchanted garden now, but the chocolate souffle put me over the edge. Maybe afterwards we'll do a walk by enchanted garden just to take a look :)

I just booked this cruise last week and it's a surprise for my hubby for his 40th birthday (August 31st)!! I wanted to join the Facebook group but he is on my FB a lot and I don't want him finding out about this trip!! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and our 1st without our girls (shhh--don't tell them either--lol)! We've cruised on the Fantasy twice and I've toured the Dream but this will be our first time cruising the Dream--sooo excited! We haven't taken a trip in a very LONG time without our girls! We're actually going to spend 2 nights before the cruise at the Contemporary and enjoy the parks. I booked the Keys of the Kingdom tour on 8/31 and a birthday dinner at Le Cellier for that evening! :goodvibes

I just booked this cruise last week and it's a surprise for my hubby for his 40th birthday (August 31st)!! I wanted to join the Facebook group but he is on my FB a lot and I don't want him finding out about this trip!! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and our 1st without our girls (shhh--don't tell them either--lol)! We've cruised on the Fantasy twice and I've toured the Dream but this will be our first time cruising the Dream--sooo excited! We haven't taken a trip in a very LONG time without our girls! We're actually going to spend 2 nights before the cruise at the Contemporary and enjoy the parks. I booked the Keys of the Kingdom tour on 8/31 and a birthday dinner at Le Cellier for that evening! :goodvibes

How exciting. When and how are you going to inform him of the surprise?

How exciting. When and how are you going to inform him of the surprise?

I'm still trying to figure all of that out! I'm open for suggestions! ;) He knows he's going somewhere and he knows the dates--but that is all. He travels a lot internationally for work so I had to be sure that he would be available to go and that he wouldn't plan a work trip during that time.

Haha! I managed to quote the wrong person here before. I was trying to reply to the question about whether or not there's a meet planned.

This is a long thread already so without going through 13 pages (lol), is there a meet and greet planned?

So far, I think the answer is no. I considered organizing a bar meet which would have had a cost per person, but it seems there's not enough interest to justify it. Understandable given we only have 4 days (and only one sea day) to cram in all the fun Disney already has on board for us!

Hi everyone!!! Our online check-in date is today. We're getting closer!!! For those of you who have cruised on DCL before, have you done the online check-in and do you think it makes a difference? I know I do prefer online check-in at the resorts so I am guessing this would be the same.

Ok, that's what I thought. I'll be doing that first thing when I get home today!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter