Sell DVC

I would absolutely use the board sponsor to sell. They are advertising all over with the podcasts and such.

I would not recommend Magic Vacation Title, but as the seller, you don't get to pick the title company anyway.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...e-customers-receiving-dubious-emails.3821022/

Interesting that they have an ‘in house’ Title company. As a buyer I’d hesitate to use an in house set up due to concerns over potential conflicts of interest, it just seems prudent to have an independent third party regarding title.
If I wasn’t in a big hurry as a seller I’d probably go with the agency charging the lowest commission to maximize my profit if I was selling a harder to get home resort. If I was selling one of the resorts with numerous listings like SSR, AKV, for example, then the agency moving the most contracts makes sense.

UPS store can notarize. No questions asked.
As a notary, we are responsible to know what the document is. So, I can see a notary making sure if questions arise.

There is a level of understanding that does need to be done if one is unsure.
I wonder if there are different requirements in different states? We're in Texas and get our documents notarized at our local mailing center (they do USPS, FedEx, and UPS). In the past we've had documents notarized at our bank as well. In any case, all they've done is record our DL numbers as proof that the signatures are ours and haven't shown any interest in knowing any details about the documents themselves.

I wonder if there are different requirements in different states? We're in Texas and get our documents notarized at our local mailing center (they do USPS, FedEx, and UPS). In the past we've had documents notarized at our bank as well. In any case, all they've done is record our DL numbers as proof that the signatures are ours and haven't shown any interest in knowing any details about the documents themselves.

In NY, i can ask what it is that I am notarizing and read through it before doing so. While I mostly notarize for family and friends now, if I do help out someone I don’t know, I do preview it.

We are also required to have the person affirm it is true, and verify the signature and ID match.

I have not used a UPS store here, so cant comment on that but our credit union has asked us to give an overview.

Possibly, I think this notary I was dealing with was just nosy and annoyed I had multiple documents to notarize. I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but DVC's online notary experience is great and World of DVC should work on that. 😁

As a notary, we are responsible to know what the document is. So, I can see a notary making sure if questions arise.

There is a level of understanding that does need to be done if one is unsure.
Not in Minnesota. My responsibility was only to make sure the person signing was who they said they were. If I didn't know them personally, I asked to see photo ID and recorded the number (usually a Drivers License) in my book.

In NY, i can ask what it is that I am notarizing and read through it before doing so. While I mostly notarize for family and friends now, if I do help out someone I don’t know, I do preview it.

We are also required to have the person affirm it is true, and verify the signature and ID match.

I have not used a UPS store here, so cant comment on that but our credit union has asked us to give an overview.
Here in California, I typically only need to tell the notary what the document is that I'm presenting (which they in turn enter into their Notary Journal), they look to see if there are any lines or spaces requiring names, dates, initials, etc., and that they are all filled in (or if not, then why), and also what state the document originates in, because California has some special language that needs to be included and they attach a separate notary page (a Notary Acknowledgement Form) to any document not originating in California and not possessing the correct language. I've never had a notary query me as to the content of the document or had them perform any review (which I'd probably take exception to as they are not an attorney, and I'm the guy who's signing the document under penalty of perjury).

ETA: only the signer of the document is required to provide proof of ID, as they are the one who will sign the Notary Journal and affix their thumbprint. Witness do sign and print their name on the notarized document, but do not need to show ID.

Here in California, I typically only need to tell the notary what the document is that I'm presenting (which they in turn enter into their Notary Journal), they look to see if there are any lines or spaces requiring names, dates, initials, etc., and that they are all filled in (or if not, then why), and also what state the document originates in, because California has some special language that needs to be included and they attach a separate notary page (a Notary Acknowledgement Form) to any document not originating in California and not possessing the correct language. I've never had a notary query me as to the content of the document or had them perform any review (which I'd probably take exception to as they are not an attorney, and I'm the guy who's signing the document under penalty of perjury).

ETA: only the signer of the document is required to provide proof of ID, as they are the one who will sign the Notary Journal and affix their thumbprint. Witness do sign and print their name on the document, but do not need to show ID.

It’s obvious that different states have different rules when it comes to providing the service

It’s obvious that different states have different rules when it comes to providing the service
Definitely. The Notary Acknowledgement Form fascinates me. It has nothing to do with any legal requirements in the originating state, but notaries here need to use it regardless.

Of interest is the line "and not the truthfulness, accuracy, or validity of that document".

Definitely. The Notary Acknowledgement Form fascinates me. It has nothing to do with any legal requirements in the originating state, but notaries here need to use it regardless.

Of interest is the line "and not the truthfulness, accuracy, or validity of that document".

View attachment 642747

We don’t have to have anything like that and we don’t have to verify that it is true, but we can ask…and should…that the person says it is and review it to at least know what the document is…deed, contract, etc.

For example, we had to have copies of original documents notarized to send to Ireland for my husband to get his passport, and the notary needed to see the real documents to compare to the copies in order to notarize my husbands signature that those were in fact the real ones.

Anyone, we are getting off topic. Safe to say, its all different depending on where you live.

Last edited:
True, but I think sharing different experiences with regard to the process can only add to someone’s understand and/or expectations. It’s all good information that may be useful to others.

After I posted that I realized which thread we were in! I thought it was the ROFR one which would have been off topic!!! Lol

But it does fit here for selling because owners do need to get things notarized!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter