Sell DVC

Maskw05

Earning My Ears
What are good companies to look into to sell my DVC contract? Good service and best prices for the buyer.

Board sponsor is the market leader for selling. If I was listing today, it would be with them. They also just acquired their own title company. So, that's interesting and maybe it will speed things a long over on that side of the transaction.
What title company did they acquire?

I’m so glad about their own title company. They were wonderful but the title company was not so good when I used them about a year ago.

I would absolutely use the board sponsor to sell. They are advertising all over with the podcasts and such.

I would not recommend Magic Vacation Title, but as the seller, you don't get to pick the title company anyway.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...e-customers-receiving-dubious-emails.3821022/

LaToya Cotton (World of DVC's CEO Nick Cotton's wife) is now running Magic Vacation Title. So, I expect it will be different. Sounds like they plan to streamline everything.

Maybe they'll partner with an online notary like DVC too and up the limit on credit card deposits (like Mason). Save people even more time.

The DVC online notary makes signing on dotted line so easy…

Easy and efficient. Plus, no needless chit chat with the notary. Last resale contract I had to have notarized, the notary at the bank asked me a million questions about what it was, how much it cost, she didn't know if she could sign it, had to ask her manager, etc. It was very annoying.

Last resale contract I had to have notarized, the notary at the bank asked me a million questions about what it was, how much it cost, she didn't know if she could sign it, had to ask her manager, etc. It was very annoying.

I bet the bank employee was confused. That sounds like the kind of thing a bank employee asks when you need a "medallion signature guarantee" on a document (needed for things like the paperwork for transferring stock), not when you need a document notarized.

From a google search page: "A notary simply needs to prove a signatory is who she says she is. To obtain a medallion signature guarantee, the person has to prove her identity, as well as the ownership and value of the securities involved in the transaction."

I bet the bank employee was confused. That sounds like the kind of thing a bank employee asks when you need a "medallion signature guarantee" on a document (needed for things like the paperwork for transferring stock), not when you need a document notarized.

From a google search page: "A notary simply needs to prove a signatory is who she says she is. To obtain a medallion signature guarantee, the person has to prove her identity, as well as the ownership and value of the securities involved in the transaction."

As a notary, we are responsible to know what the document is. So, I can see a notary making sure if questions arise.

There is a level of understanding that does need to be done if one is unsure.

UPS store can notarize. No questions asked.
This right here. And, they are everywhere and at worst, you might need to call ahead of driving over, just to make sure one of the notaries is in (they are regular counter staff). Ever since we started working remotely and let our in-house notary go, I get stuff notarized at the UPS store all of the time (deposition transcripts, declarations, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter