Seeking reviews for Teppan Edo & BOG dinners

Summer2018

DIS Veteran
People post such creative and humorous review titles. It’s very entertaining. Unfortunately when one is searching for a review on a specific restaurant, it’s difficult to weed through all of the threads.

I’m looking for a review on Teppan Edo & BOG for dinner. Can anyone share their experiences?

I had dinner at both places last October (2016), and I would recommend them both! Teppen Edo was fun, they aren't doing any amazing hibachi tricks, it's standard stuff - but the food was good and the kids ate well. I think they had teriyaki chicken with rice, my husband and I had some sort of chicken with noodles...sorry I can't be more specific, haha, but everything we had was good. At BOG, dinner was fun because you can meet the beast. I had the steak with fries, everything was good, I remember it was hot - nothing worse than cold fries! We had "the gray stuff" and I know that gets mixed reviews, but I thought it was delicious. ;) It's like cookies 'n cream flavor, lighter than frosting but heavier than mousse. I remember being seated quickly at both places...not much more to say, I enjoyed both experiences. Have fun!! :)

BOG is always worth it in my book. It is expensive, but half the expense is the environment, sort of like a show, but not. The food is good - not incredible. The chefs here have trouble modifying meals according to need if you haven't spoken with them well in advance. (I had, but they lost my info, so best they could do was to disassemble the food and reassemble it.) Thankfully my allergies are controlled by inhalers so a bit of allergens usually won't set me off.

Teppen Edo is another one of those places where more than half the price is for the environment. I found the food to be exceptionally good, but we had the scallops and were given two small ones each. Small portions is an understatement when you're not a big eater to start with and come out of a restaurant looking for someplace to grab food fast. For comparison: the hibachi near my home is 1/3 the price, put on the same show, sake is "poured" freely, and gives you too much food.

I had dinner at both places last October (2016), and I would recommend them both! Teppen Edo was fun, they aren't doing any amazing hibachi tricks, it's standard stuff - but the food was good and the kids ate well. I think they had teriyaki chicken with rice, my husband and I had some sort of chicken with noodles...sorry I can't be more specific, haha, but everything we had was good. At BOG, dinner was fun because you can meet the beast. I had the steak with fries, everything was good, I remember it was hot - nothing worse than cold fries! We had "the gray stuff" and I know that gets mixed reviews, but I thought it was delicious. ;) It's like cookies 'n cream flavor, lighter than frosting but heavier than mousse. I remember being seated quickly at both places...not much more to say, I enjoyed both experiences. Have fun!! :)
Thanks so much!

BOG is always worth it in my book. It is expensive, but half the expense is the environment, sort of like a show, but not. The food is good - not incredible. The chefs here have trouble modifying meals according to need if you haven't spoken with them well in advance. (I had, but they lost my info, so best they could do was to disassemble the food and reassemble it.) Thankfully my allergies are controlled by inhalers so a bit of allergens usually won't set me off.

Teppen Edo is another one of those places where more than half the price is for the environment. I found the food to be exceptionally good, but we had the scallops and were given two small ones each. Small portions is an understatement when you're not a big eater to start with and come out of a restaurant looking for someplace to grab food fast. For comparison: the hibachi near my home is 1/3 the price, put on the same show, sake is "poured" freely, and gives you too much food.
I appreciate your info.

I also did not think Teppan Edo was worth it, although that may be colored that delicious hibachi is readily available to me in much larger portions for much less money. However, I also thought the food wasn't very tasty--my filet was way overcooked and the noodles were soggy and not flavorful. The other table in our room was full of drunk (like completely smashed) 20somethings who clearly irritated our chef--he had a sourpuss on the entire meal and didn't do any of the traditional shtick. (Not that I blamed him, I'm a 20something who likes to have fun and I found the other table dinner-ruining as well.) I won't be back, although I would try Tokyo Dining.

I vastly prefer Be Our Guest lunch. I thought my braised pork quick service meal was far superior to my scallop and shrimp in puff pastry. Any meal in the Beast's castle is magical, however! I'd say dinner is worth trying once if you can't get in for lunch or prefer the dinner menu.

I didn't love BOG, but I'm glad we ate there once. The atmosphere is great, it's loud, very loud, but with two young kids who can be whiny after a long day of walking the volume was perfect, their loud voices didn't stick out like they would have in other restaurants. My kids both liked their meals as did my husband. I thought my steak was just okay, and found the cupcakes to be very dry. It was for sure a one and done for us. If it's your first visit there, I would try it.

We did BOG on 12/22/17 during our annuanl Christmas Vacation great food, great service and atmosphere. The steak was cooked perfectly and the Grey Stuff and Strawberry cupcakes were delicious! We were seated in the West Wing we found a hidden Mickey and we also met the Beast if you are traveling with smaller children I would shy away from the West Wing it may scare them but my teens loved it!

We've also done Teppan Edo 2014 & 2016 Candlelight Processional Dinner pacakage it was ok but I'm not a huge fan or the restaurant however loved the show.

We will be back in 346 days and I will definitely try to reserve BOG again.

We did BOG last January and I would 100% recommend it if you have kids who are big Beauty and the Beast fans. I would say it's a one-timer if not. The food is good, not amazing. Like someone said above, the atmosphere is a bit louder than most restaurants, but for my little 7-year-old girl who has loved BatB forever, it was absolutely a magical experience. I have never seen her smile so big as when we walked into the ballroom and the Beast walked by.

So, if you're going for the food, it's a "try it once." If you're going for the experience, it's a must.

We did BOG last January and I would 100% recommend it if you have kids who are big Beauty and the Beast fans. I would say it's a one-timer if not. The food is good, not amazing. Like someone said above, the atmosphere is a bit louder than most restaurants, but for my little 7-year-old girl who has loved BatB forever, it was absolutely a magical experience. I have never seen her smile so big as when we walked into the ballroom and the Beast walked by.

So, if you're going for the food, it's a "try it once." If you're going for the experience, it's a must.
My DD (20) was not happy that we skipped it during our last trip, so she requested it for our upcoming trip in July. We will be doing it unless we can’t get reservations. We shall see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter