Seeking advice for a honeymooning couple!

Aimros

Zip a dee doo dah!
So I have our ADR's all set for DFi and I's upcoming Disneymoon. I asked him for months before I made the ADR's where he wanted to eat, and he always said he didn't care and that I'd make a good choice. Well, when I told him what I did book his response was that he wanted to eat at fun places. Siggghhh. We're at Disney for pete's sake, the whole time is a fun place!

Anyway, here is what I booked:
Boma - breakfast
Kona - breakfast
1900 PF - breakfast
Tusker House - lunch
Le Cellier - lunch
Sci-Fi - lunch
Via Napoli - dinner
House of Blues - dinner
Cali Grill - dinner
Il Mulino - dinner

So I know there are a few "fancier" places on there, like CG, Le Cellier, Via Napoli, and Il Mulino - do you think I overdid it on too fancy and not enough fun? Last time we went all we did was eat at "fun" places (50's Prime Time, Whispering Canyon, etc.) and I asked DFi if he wanted to go back to any of the places we already ate and he said no.

I think I might change 1900 PF (bfast on our last morning) to Chef Mickey's. We've been there before, but I feel like 1900 PF might be too girly for DFi :rotfl:... any other good spots for our last morning breakfast?

Chef Mickey on your last day... Do you want characters or good food? If you don't care about characters, and want good food, try The GF Cafe. It has good food but no characters. Personally, the cost of Chef Mickey VS the food quality is pretty high, the last time I ate there the food was pretty bad. Now, I book places that have good food and look for characters somewhere else. The GF Cafe for breakfast is very relaxing and the food options are great. A very relaxing breakfast.

Definitely do Whispering Canyon. This is a good cross between a "fun" place and a nice resort and atmosphere. Some nights are more crazy than others, but this would be much better than Prime Time which is much overrated in my opinion.

A fun place for a lunch or a dinner that is still very tasty and adult is teppan edo, other than that it all looks great :thumbsup2

How many nights are you there? Are you on a dining plan?
Are you planning on 3 TS meals a day?

We are there 7 nights and definitely are NOT doing 3 TS a day, usually one, two tops. I don't like scheduling everything out to every meal, and since we've been a few times together already I want this to be more relaxing (if that's possible at WDW! :lmao:)

When we went to Whispering Canyon we got stuck in the back... even though we really enjoyed the food, we didn't have a good experience, our waiter was kind of stinky and not fun at all. And that was before I stopped eating beef and pork so it doesn't sound as good to me anymore :). I did consider Whispering Canyon for breakfast, but their breakfast menu doesn't sound that appealing.

I also thought about doing Teppan Edo, but we have a hibachi place close to home that is really good and an experience to go to - as in we only get to go 1-2 times per year. So I crossed out Teppan Edo.

I guess I'm feeling pretty good about my ressies, I think there is just so much pressure that I second guess myself.

They look good :thumbsup2
Congrats on the honeymoon! We will be there on ours as well!
Another fun place you could consider is hoop de doo. We are going to do that, df considers that a fun place. Jellyrolls is also very fun for entertainment for you guys :)

What about some of the dinner shows?

If you didn't have it, I was going to say Sci Fi. we always skipped it because I read bad reviews and last time we decided to try it on a whim. We just had burgers but they were good & it was fun, this is a not miss for us now.

1900 - food was good & the characters were fun/in character (mad hatter & alice) even for us 2 adults.

I think you did a great job. Maybe you want to add in Hoop de doo revue or Whispering Canyon cafe instead of one of the fancier places just to add a little fu. Personally I like the food at the places you picked though.

DH hated 1900 park fare when it was just the two of us so beware! He like Chef Mickeys for breakfast and also Tusker house in MK.

PS- DH and I are huuuuge office fans!

I thought your choices were great!

Maybe replace Il Mulino with a more low key but romatic restaurant like San Angel, I mean whats not romantic about eating inside the Mexican Pavillion? DH ate there in 2008 on our honeymoon.. Congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!