Security Dog Handlers

Bricethebarber

Earning My Ears
I’m very new to this board but I am a Disney freak. I’ve recently came across a job position posting for security dog handler and was wondering if anyone on the forum is or can put me in contact with someone in this position. Please any help would be so appreciated.

I’m very new to this board but I am a Disney freak. I’ve recently came across a job position posting for security dog handler and was wondering if anyone on the forum is or can put me in contact with someone in this position. Please any help would be so appreciated.
Do you mean you want to talk to someone who has this job? To find out what it's about?

Or do you mean you want to apply for the job?

I’m trying to find someone that is already in the position or has been or maybe knows someone that is, just to talk and get more info about it.

I do want to apply for the job eventually but the only issue is my family lives up north right now haha. We are planning a big move and Disney is my life so. I’d like to maybe set up a job before I make the move. I don’t have military or law experience but I did work for Brinks for almost two years.

I do not have any handling experience per say but they do have a k9 training that you have to attend. It is not a requirement.

I do not have any handling experience per say but they do have a k9 training that you have to attend. It is not a requirement.
I would think that would be a potentially difficult and dangerous job, then, if you're working with animals trained for security but don't have that type of instinct or experience yourself, and the training is minimal. It could potentially bother you, too, if you saw abuses. Not saying there are any, but who knows. It doesn't exactly sound wholly professional if they don't even require you undergo training.

Join LinkedIn. Find contacts. Ask your contacts if they or anybody they know is or is aware of somebody you can talk to.

Do not expect to be able to have the job set up before you live in the area.

ehh check again. I just looked it up and found two job postings for canine handlers for Disney. The job posting for WDW requires at minimum one year of animal handling experience for a professional agency within the last 8 years (as they should). The Disneyland listing requires at least 2 years.

Perhaps consider applying for a position with Customs & Border Protection if you want dog handling experience; they use rather a lot of them, especially at ports. However, if you've never trained dogs, even as a hobby, it's a bit unusual to suddenly decide that you want to handle security dogs at a theme park. That's not the place for amateurs, because you have such a concentration of clueless or well-meaning people inadvertently making things difficult for the dog and getting in your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!