Secret portholes - have you been moved?

su_A_ve

DIS Veteran
We booked one of the secret portholes on the Wonder. Has anyone one had the bad luck of being 'moved' to another stateroom? Since it is a cat 10A deluxe inside stateroom, they would have to move me to the same or better, correct?

My concern is they would move us to a 9D or 9C with smaller portholes. Has it happened to anyone?

I love the SPH rooms and have booked them for a few expensive specialty cruises. I've never been moved. This year, however, we checked into our rooms and they smelled baaaaaaad. Like hot vomit bad. We got the room steward, he shampooed the rugs and did a deep clean while we were doing usual boarding activities. We came back, and the smell was still there. The steward called his manager who had his boss involved. We didn't want to unpack our suitcases and have our clothes smell like the room. I suggested that they move us, and they did. To next door (we had adjoining SPHs) 5th deck large porthole rooms (9As?). Which was acceptable to me. It took them several days to get whatever the smell was from the room but on about day 3 they offered us our original rooms back since we didn't get adjoining rooms in our move. We declined simply because we didn't want to pack up and unpack and settle again.

We booked one of the secret portholes on the Wonder. Has anyone one had the bad luck of being 'moved' to another stateroom? Since it is a cat 10A deluxe inside stateroom, they would have to move me to the same or better, correct?

My concern is they would move us to a 9D or 9C with smaller portholes. Has it happened to anyone?
If DCL wants to move someone from a specific cabin they've booked, they'll contact you and ask if it's okay with you. If you want to keep it, you'll get to keep it. They don't just move guests around without agreement and notice. They don't do random upgrades to guests who have booked specific cabins, either.

The only exception to this is if that room were temporarily uninhabitable for some reason, in which case you really wouldn't want it, anyway.

So no need to worry.

If you don't want to be moved, it's a good idea to have "DO NOT UPGRADE" placed on your reservation.

Yes, if you are moved, it would be the same category or better. 9C has large portholes, 9D has the two smaller portholes.

Just be aware that if there is something mechanical that comes up, they will move you and you may only find out at the port. Ditto if they need the cabin for any other reason (an entertainer's family, etc.). In that case, even a DO NOT UPGRADE message would do no good. The cruise line does reserve the right to change your cabin if necessary - but your new cabin would be at that category or higher.

Just be aware that if there is something mechanical that comes up, they will move you and you may only find out at the port. Ditto if they need the cabin for any other reason (an entertainer's family, etc.). In that case, even a DO NOT UPGRADE message would do no good. The cruise line does reserve the right to change your cabin if necessary - but your new cabin would be at that category or higher.
Agreed, if they need the room, or there's an issue with the room, you will still be moved.. But the comment will help stave off a "regular" upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter