Seaworld or beach day

Bossy22

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!!! We leave for DL in just over a week and are getting pretty stoked. We are on a budget but are going to have a great time!!! We have hoppers and have reservations for the 18th DL, 19 CA, 22DL, 24CA, 26th DL. We have days booked in between so that we can make the most of our days in the parks by not having tired, cranky kids. We are not planning to buy genie + but will buy it for 1 ticket for photos and may get it a day or 2 if we feel we need it but with 5 early mornings we hope we won't need it. My question is we had seaworld built into the 21st. I'm debating between seaworld and a day at the beach. The day at the beach is way cheaper but seaworld was a lot of fun when we went 10 years ago lol. What do you guys think would be best? It is my wife, me, 3 girls (12,11 and 7) as well as my inlaws. Thanks!!!

Personally, and take this with a grain of salt, I would choose beach. We've recently started taking breaks from all parks during our Disney trips, just to decompress. We've visited Griffith Observatory; Santa Monica Pier; a day trip to Santa Barbara, etc. It's let us charge our batteries for the remaining park days. Again, that's what I would do. Just depends on what your fam is really interested in doing.

Beach days can be really relaxing. Or for a closer, smaller aquarium, Aquarium Of The Pacific is like 30 minutes away. We went last week and my kids loved it.

Are you thinking you would drive to SeaWorld on the 21st spend the day and drive back? Or are you planning on staying in San Diego for a few days? I would not drive to SeaWorld and back the day before a park day. That is a long drive and if you get stuck in traffic it's even longer. I do love SeaWorld, but I wouldn't want to do it in one day if you're planning on getting up early the next day to rope drop DL.

I agree with the previous posters that driving down and back from Seaworld can make for a long day (assuming the beach you would go to is not also in San Diego).

Thanks for the tips, I'm leaning towards whatever beach is easiest to get to and is at least decent. Will take recommendations on that as well!

Thanks for the tips, I'm leaning towards whatever beach is easiest to get to and is at least decent. Will take recommendations on that as well!
Newport Beach. Corona Del Mar, specifically, if you have younger kids.

We have 3 girls (7, 11 and 12). Which beach is easier to get to or closer?

Newport is the closest beach, but it's a very large beach. Corona del Mar is still part of Newport beach, it's just a smaller, more gentle beach with easier access/better parking and facilities.

I'd recommend Corona del Mar for your family group, given the kids ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter