Seat for Fantasmic without buying RBT premium package?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
For our March trip we're going to try to see Fantasmic without buying the premium package. We've done RBT premium twice and nobody really wants to do it again, but the kids DO want to see Fantasmic.

I have a bad back so sitting on the ground or standing around for over an hour isn't going to work. I figure my options are:

A. Somehow watch while sitting, maybe from the Golden Horseshoe or something? (Not ideal and would barely see anything, I bet.)

B. Get a different dining package and wander over at the last minute to stand and watch.

Any thoughts? Also, if I do another dining package, what do people like? Blue Bayou, River Belle or Hungry Bear? So far I haven't been able to get HB but incidentally already have BB reservations. I can just ask for the Fantasmic package once I'm there, right?

Back in the day before the whole riverfront was taken up by the dining package seating I'd usually watch from the Pirates Bridge or the stairs in front of ROA. But I don't think those are available nowadays, at least not without a long wait.

One last thing—I thought there was a map of the Fantasmic viewing areas that shows where standby is, but I can't remember where I saw it. Anyone know?

Depending on your party, if you get a dining package they could do the line and waiting and you can join them last minute when the show starts. Or maybe you can rent a wheelchair and use that area?

Unless it has changed since Fantasmic has been back, if you do the Blue Bayou or RBT dining package, you sit on the ground during the show. We have done those many times. Maybe you could stand in the back of the section by the rail? I'm not sure-- I can't recall if anyone has ever been standing in the back in our section.

Unless it has changed since Fantasmic has been back, if you do the Blue Bayou or RBT dining package, you sit on the ground during the show. We have done those many times. Maybe you could stand in the back of the section by the rail? I'm not sure-- I can't recall if anyone has ever been standing in the back in our section.
Guests are not allowed to stand in those seated (on the ground) areas. Dining package guests in ECVs are allowed to stay in the ECV and park in the rear of those seated areas

Back in the day before the whole riverfront was taken up by the dining package seating I'd usually watch from the Pirates Bridge or the stairs in front of ROA. But I don't think those are available nowadays, at least not without a long wait...
The bridge is still available for F! viewing. The wait isn't always super long, especially if you don't have to be in the front row.

I have a really bad back, I got the package where you sit on the ground. I purchased some good quality inflatable stadium cushions on amazon and they were amazing.
I was able to sit the whole time on the ground with no pain.

I have a really bad back, I got the package where you sit on the ground. I purchased some good quality inflatable stadium cushions on amazon and they were amazing.
Interesting idea. Which cushions did you use? Do they have back support or are they just fluffy to sit on?

Interesting idea. Which cushions did you use? Do they have back support or are they just fluffy to sit on?
They don’t have a back I was worried those might not be allowed
They were just some hiker / stadium inflatable cushions
Really durable and made it comfortable

I never would have been able to do it with my back without them

I was looking into doing something like that (one really bad hip) but nothing looked right. They either looked too flat once inflated or too bulky to carry around. Could you be more specific about which you bought (if that is allowed)? Thank you.

I may be wrong, but I think for BB you have to make Fantasmic dinner reservations, you just can’t add it on. I think you can for RBT though

Thanks for all the replies. I think my best option might be to try for standby at the 10:30 show. Seems like it's possible to get a decent view without a long wait.

One other idea is to do the RBT premium package again but check in as early as possible, eat and then do rides until around 8:45 and come back to watch Fantasmic. The main thing we didn't like last time is that it takes up so much park time.

The BB Fantasmic package seemed like a good option since we're going to BB anyway, but $89 for sitting on the ground vs. $75 for a seat doesn't sound as good to me.

Thanks for all the replies. I think my best option might be to try for standby at the 10:30 show. Seems like it's possible to get a decent view without a long wait.

One other idea is to do the RBT premium package again but check in as early as possible, eat and then do rides until around 8:45 and come back to watch Fantasmic. The main thing we didn't like last time is that it takes up so much park time.

The BB Fantasmic package seemed like a good option since we're going to BB anyway, but $89 for sitting on the ground vs. $75 for a seat doesn't sound as good to me.

I’ve heard that the BB fantasmic package doesn’t include a seat cushion anymore.

I purchased outdoor cushions from Kohls (for patio furniture) and stuck them into a locker at DLR. Picked them up in time to sit on the curb for the parade and then took with us to line for seating for Fantasmic.

I am going March 23rd. The only dining package available was hungry bear.
No idea where the seating is for that.
The blue bayou and river belle are sold out

Oh heavens, no. It's much better! I don't want to give away the surprises, but let's just say that they're very big ones.
I don't know to be honest, I wasn't that impressed with it.
I think the main thing for me is the seating, at least at WDW there is plenty of seating, it's not a crush getting in and out of there and everyone can sit and enjoy the show with a great view.
It's like the Hunger Games at DL and even though the show is a bit different, the fact that it's such a mess seat wise takes the joy out of it for me.
And I enjoy some of the elements from the WDW version that aren't in the DL one - I don't want to give away what ones but they are a big part of the show for me.
I do enjoy the DL version don't get me wrong but I have to pay for the dining package so I can sit - which is a let down when it is free at WDW.

Yeah, having actual seating (bleachers) is indeed a benefit of the WDW version of "Fantasmic!" And I haven't been to DL since the dining packages took over most of the viewing area, making it hard to find a place even to sit on the ground. But having the show on Rivers of America instead of a small purpose-built pond is still a big advantage for the DL version in my book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!