Seasickness?

Promomx2

DIS Veteran
Okay, I have a silly question. I am terrified of boats, but I want to muster up the courage and take a cruise, short one. What are the chances that I will get sea sick? Can you feel the ship moving? Is their stairs so we don't have to use the elevators? Trying to get dh exercising more.

Okay, I have a silly question. I am terrified of boats, but I want to muster up the courage and take a cruise, short one. What are the chances that I will get sea sick? Can you feel the ship moving? Is their stairs so we don't have to use the elevators? Trying to get dh exercising more.

I have only been on a Royal Caribbean ship (we have the Dream booked for next summer:wizard:) but I will try to answer your questions. I got sea sick only once. The first cruise we took, the first night, but the captain did come over the PA and announce that they were experiencing particularly rough seas. It was not too bad and I drank some ginger ale and was fine. Also as long as I was out on an open deck I was completely fine. If you experience seasickness you could purchase some dramamine. I never felt the ship moving myself but others may have different experiences.

I wil tell you that cruising in my opinion is the greatest vacation ever!!! So much to do and see and so many ways to relax! The price is not bad either if you consider what you get!!! I say go for it and book one!!!

I went on our first cruise in January, yes, you can feel the boat move but not all the time. For me it was an every once in a while thing during the day and at night it was like being gently rocked side to side to sleep. But we didn't have rough seas. We saw several people with the patch behind their ear and they seemed fine. My DS was happy with his "bands".

My Mom, myself and my two girls went on our first cruise last April. I was sick the second day, all day, then I was okay after that. I get sea sick int he bathtub! I started taking Bonine the day before we left and took it religiously throughout the 7 day cruise. I also ended up buying sea bands onboard, which I wore the rest of the curse. My younger daughter was sick the first night onboard, and then again on an excursion while on a water taxi. She used Bonine a few times as well.

We did have very rough seas on the first two days, and then it was quite a bit calmer after that. I am planning on getting the patch for our cruise in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter