Search issue

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
When I search by user it defaults to posts dated in 2015 rather than most recent posts

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
When I search by user it defaults to posts dated in 2015 rather than most recent posts

I can’t search any of my old threads. Not even ones from this year. I’m on my phone of it makes any difference.

lanejudy

I just posted on the main Tech Support board, a similar thread. I'm having the same issue as Hopefully -- very recent (this afternoon since the upgrade) or 2015. I know on the last upgrade it took some time for the Search feature to fully function, and I suspect it's the same now as well.

Dean Marino

DIS Veteran
I'm taking a GUESS here, based on past experience....

Search functions, during a migration, often require TIME to re-index the underlying DB. Depending on the DB size? This could require a few DAYS. I think we should wait, and be patient. There is a LOT of legacy data to re-index :(.

lanejudy

Thank you - I couldn’t come up with the term “index!” It took several days last time, which was a complete software migration. I believe this is an upgrade to a newer version, so maybe it won’t take as long... maybe.... hopefully!

Dean Marino

DIS Veteran
Thank you - I couldn’t come up with the term “index!” It took several days last time, which was a complete software migration. I believe this is an upgrade to a newer version, so maybe it won’t take as long... maybe.... hopefully!
Lanejudy - you MIGHT have an Admin selection available that shows Search Index Rebuild progress.
If you do? Take the time from going "live", to now... then extrapolate to 100%. This will give you a rough idea of when the re-index process will be complete :).

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates