Sean Faulk?

First off, I love getting home from work and seeing what new DIS YouTube videos have popped up while I’m at work. I have spent way too much time through the years watching their videos and also on the boards. Y’all have brought me a lot of happiness through the years and made my family’s vacations so much more enjoyable.

One idea that I have for new shows is to help more with planning like some other vlogs that I read.....example, what rides to hit at rope drop, what attractions to hit in the heat of the afternoon. More of those touring plan type things. Then videos of them doing those things to see how well their recommendations worked.

And I agree with the previous poster who mentioned focusing on some of the counter service restaurants, too.

Then they lose their point of difference if they're just doing what other Vlogs do.

I’m not saying that they change their format or who they are. It was just a suggestion for a few shows. Since they are so knowledgeable and often in the parks, I thought it would be interesting to get their take.

There is a newish podcast that I’ve started listening to, but the audio has issues. Also I prefer video and the DIS team’s personalities.

Just in case you don't read every single post on here, I want to make sure you know that we are going to be utilizing the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies forums for Best and Worst topics in the future, and we'll try to make sure that it's labelled clearly so y'all know that it's us looking for show help. That being said, if it shows that I started a post then I think most people know I'm not just starting conversation for the halibut.
I have always thought there was something fishy about Craig's posts...

(It had to be done, guys.)

This is a good thread. My 2 cents, I would love to see a livestream show where Craig, Ryno and the fellows go drinking around the world. Maybe start the show after stop number 4 or 5, and then take some live questions from the fans.

I have avoided coming back here, not wanting to be too critical. The Dis crew is kinda like family. You love them, but they can drive you up a wall.

Craig is actually one of my favorites. He is knowledgeable and does seem to add a great deal to discussions. It is also obvious when he really is having none of it. The review of the Halloween party last August comes to mind.....

All things in moderation, it just seems that when you're talking about the "worst" the whole show can easily take on a negative spin. Is it possible to try and add in a way to mitigate the things that make it the worst?

If the worst is that it is hot, like in the Animal Kingdom show, maybe offer some ways to cool off? Yes, it's hot in there, hand out a tip to strategically go into a quick serve restaurant for a longer meal? A cut through that uses gift shops, like the back of all the stores that line Main Street.

If the worst of Epcot is all the festivals, point out the dates that don't have a festival? Point out what part of a festival would be less crowded? If you go during Flower and Garden, when would be the best time to avoid the festival crowds? We went for Food and Wine last year (and Halloween, and our Anniversary) and we did pick up the tip of when the drinking around the world crews got the worst. It helped us to plan around something that might have been a worst of our vacation.

It is great when people are able to hear criticism and make the effort to address it! Thank you guys for that!

This is a good thread. My 2 cents, I would love to see a livestream show where Craig, Ryno and the fellows go drinking around the world. Maybe start the show after stop number 4 or 5, and then take some live questions from the fans.
Kind of like Drunk History?

The only person who's on our team that's in the parks the same amount of time or more than me is Steve and now Fiasco. I don't despise Disney. I'm honest about it. If I don't think you should spend your hard earned money on a subpar experience then I'm going to be honest with you and if you choose to ignore it and look past to have the vacation that you want then that is your choice. I don't hate WDW. I hate that it's not the experience it should be and I hate that they can get away with it, because people are addicted to Disney like it's a drug.

Hey Craig! Big fan of the show & like your honesty for sure. We would love to see Best and Worst Dessert Parties and Best VIP experience between Thrills and Classics or whatever you come up with for it...not the $12k a day one or whatever that was. Very few reviews out there on Youtube for VIP. There have been a few more added past few months, but would love to see you all do it. You might also add an tweek...a phrase at the End..."Was it Worth It?" We would love to see a comparison of VIP v. Afterhours for every park. I think comparison shows could be styled in the Best and Worst format as What we liked best about VIP and what we liked best about DAH. Also....our family with kids would LOVE you guys to go out of the box and do a Best and Worst Disney World Stroller--double and single ones. This actually is a huge thing for Families coming to Disney and would be awesome/fun/funny to single guys/married guys with no kids or no kids yet testing in the parks, folding them to get on buses and sit in the studio and praise or dog them with clips of you all trying to fold that double wide in the bus line. What I listed are actual questions we had to answer for ourselves in planning our last trips and would be great content imho. Thanks, Craig! Again, we are avid watchers!

They aren't being phoned in, but there's a finite amount of topics that we can talk about before we are just repeating ourselves blindly and we hit that point a year ago. We tried with topics we thought were different and interesting, like the smells episodes, and the feedback was that we were phoning it in. We can't handle dining topics because the Disney Dining Show does that. The hotels haven't changed. The attractions have changed and we are now going to start repeating topics around them, but ultimately we are doing a weekly show that probably can't justify it for a thousand show run.

Another fun show would be Best Add On or Worst Add On--this show would be about best paid or not paid addition to your day at MK, EPCOT etc. Examples...in addition to your park day with included things, what do you add on that takes it up a notch? Like MK day adding a ride over to Artist Pointe or going over to CG to watch fireworks, booking that dessert cruise (if that's still available), Adding a Dessert Party with fireworks viewing etc. People are looking for what will make this trip pop or be different this year or give my kids/SO a totally different surprise or addition to our MK day. Best Add On per park--could be an experience, a restaurant, a DP. We would love to see that!

If the worst is that it is hot, like in the Animal Kingdom show, maybe offer some ways to cool off? Yes, it's hot in there, hand out a tip to strategically go into a quick serve restaurant for a longer meal? A cut through that uses gift shops, like the back of all the stores that line Main Street.

It is great when people are able to hear criticism and make the effort to address it! Thank you guys for that!

Im sure that you realize that almost every year, we do a show about how to stay cool during the hottest months of the year.

We offer tips and tricks that we use as locals.

Craig, have you guys considered a "history of" type podcast series? Something along the lines of the Connecting with Walt series but more a focus on WDW specific facets. There are some podcasts that have this sort of slant and there was recently a podcast done by TheForce.net about StarTours which discussed the origination of the attraction, Lucas' involvement and it's evolutions over the years. (link here)

With the vast Disney knowledge of the DIS team and the various personalities, I think there's a viable series option here for your team to document/discuss the history of rides, theme parks, lands in the parks, etc. Depending on the topic the episode could be anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour+ with interviews or tidbits from those familiar with the project(s) (i.e., imagineers). I'm not sure if this is something you all would be interested in making a real series of but just tossing it out there. I know I would definitely be a subscriber.

I would love this type of show!

I would love this type of show!

Well, they do cover this on Connecting with Walt .. right now they are in a series of shows covering the history of Spaceship Earth ... and last year they did the different lands in MK and covered the history of the lands, opening day attractions vs what has changed over the years, etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter