Sean Faulk?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by lmsull65, Mar 13, 2019.

1. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Was that a serious post? :coffee:

SorcererHeidi and disneysteve like this.
  2. KingLlama

KingLlama My car finished 3rd on Radiator Springs Racers.

We're a group of adults sitting at our computers talking about theme parks. They're ALL serious posts, guys.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. CampbellzSoup

CampbellzSoup Son. Husband. Father.

Sean must think people are really concerned if he saw he had a 5 page thread lol

5. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

I'm on my phone, not my computer.

Princess Jes and SorcererHeidi like this.
  6. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Yeah, and I'm not a adult. Ask any of my friends, who have told me to "act my age" for YEARS!! (Especially when I was going to WDW regularly) :rolleyes:

7. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

Well I did note that Llama said "adults" and not "grown ups". I definitely would have pushed back at that.

8. Miss G.

Miss G. Earning My Ears

I thought being on here meant I didn't have to grow up.

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  9. TexasErin

TexasErin Loves old Pluto cartoons

First off, I love getting home from work and seeing what new DIS YouTube videos have popped up while I’m at work. I have spent way too much time through the years watching their videos and also on the boards. Y’all have brought me a lot of happiness through the years and made my family’s vacations so much more enjoyable.

One idea that I have for new shows is to help more with planning like some other vlogs that I read.....example, what rides to hit at rope drop, what attractions to hit in the heat of the afternoon. More of those touring plan type things. Then videos of them doing those things to see how well their recommendations worked.

And I agree with the previous poster who mentioned focusing on some of the counter service restaurants, too.

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  10. Princess Jes

Princess Jes DIS Veteran

Then they lose their point of difference if they're just doing what other Vlogs do.

disneysteve likes this.
  11. TexasErin

TexasErin Loves old Pluto cartoons

I’m not saying that they change their format or who they are. It was just a suggestion for a few shows. Since they are so knowledgeable and often in the parks, I thought it would be interesting to get their take.

There is a newish podcast that I’ve started listening to, but the audio has issues. Also I prefer video and the DIS team’s personalities.

DisFamily17 likes this.
  12. Tom P.

Tom P. Mouseketeer

I have always thought there was something fishy about Craig's posts...

(It had to be done, guys.)

MaryKatesMom and SorcererHeidi like this.
  13. WGCFV

WGCFV Earning My Ears

This is a good thread. My 2 cents, I would love to see a livestream show where Craig, Ryno and the fellows go drinking around the world. Maybe start the show after stop number 4 or 5, and then take some live questions from the fans.

DisFamily17 likes this.
  14. billyjobobb

billyjobobb Mouseketeer

I have avoided coming back here, not wanting to be too critical. The Dis crew is kinda like family. You love them, but they can drive you up a wall.

Craig is actually one of my favorites. He is knowledgeable and does seem to add a great deal to discussions. It is also obvious when he really is having none of it. The review of the Halloween party last August comes to mind.....

All things in moderation, it just seems that when you're talking about the "worst" the whole show can easily take on a negative spin. Is it possible to try and add in a way to mitigate the things that make it the worst?

If the worst is that it is hot, like in the Animal Kingdom show, maybe offer some ways to cool off? Yes, it's hot in there, hand out a tip to strategically go into a quick serve restaurant for a longer meal? A cut through that uses gift shops, like the back of all the stores that line Main Street.

If the worst of Epcot is all the festivals, point out the dates that don't have a festival? Point out what part of a festival would be less crowded? If you go during Flower and Garden, when would be the best time to avoid the festival crowds? We went for Food and Wine last year (and Halloween, and our Anniversary) and we did pick up the tip of when the drinking around the world crews got the worst. It helped us to plan around something that might have been a worst of our vacation.

It is great when people are able to hear criticism and make the effort to address it! Thank you guys for that!

15. Wobegon74

Wobegon74 Earning My Ears

For the Record, I do not think that John and Kevin are jaded at all!

16. Wobegon74

Wobegon74 Earning My Ears

Kind of like Drunk History?

WGCFV likes this.
  17. DisFamily17

DisFamily17 Earning My Ears

Hey Craig! Big fan of the show & like your honesty for sure. We would love to see Best and Worst Dessert Parties and Best VIP experience between Thrills and Classics or whatever you come up with for it...not the $12k a day one or whatever that was. Very few reviews out there on Youtube for VIP. There have been a few more added past few months, but would love to see you all do it. You might also add an tweek...a phrase at the End..."Was it Worth It?" We would love to see a comparison of VIP v. Afterhours for every park. I think comparison shows could be styled in the Best and Worst format as What we liked best about VIP and what we liked best about DAH. Also....our family with kids would LOVE you guys to go out of the box and do a Best and Worst Disney World Stroller--double and single ones. This actually is a huge thing for Families coming to Disney and would be awesome/fun/funny to single guys/married guys with no kids or no kids yet testing in the parks, folding them to get on buses and sit in the studio and praise or dog them with clips of you all trying to fold that double wide in the bus line. What I listed are actual questions we had to answer for ourselves in planning our last trips and would be great content imho. Thanks, Craig! Again, we are avid watchers!

TexasErin and SorcererHeidi like this.
  18. DisFamily17

DisFamily17 Earning My Ears

Another fun show would be Best Add On or Worst Add On--this show would be about best paid or not paid addition to your day at MK, EPCOT etc. Examples...in addition to your park day with included things, what do you add on that takes it up a notch? Like MK day adding a ride over to Artist Pointe or going over to CG to watch fireworks, booking that dessert cruise (if that's still available), Adding a Dessert Party with fireworks viewing etc. People are looking for what will make this trip pop or be different this year or give my kids/SO a totally different surprise or addition to our MK day. Best Add On per park--could be an experience, a restaurant, a DP. We would love to see that!

19. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

Im sure that you realize that almost every year, we do a show about how to stay cool during the hottest months of the year.

We offer tips and tricks that we use as locals.

20. BCPKnight

BCPKnight Earning My Ears

I would love this type of show!

21. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Well, they do cover this on Connecting with Walt .. right now they are in a series of shows covering the history of Spaceship Earth ... and last year they did the different lands in MK and covered the history of the lands, opening day attractions vs what has changed over the years, etc

DisFamily17 and OKW Lover like this.