Sean Faulk?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by lmsull65, Mar 13, 2019.

1. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

well, "Fan" is short for "Fanatic" so by nature it is going to be putting more passion and energy behind something than it probably deserves. Also the general challenge in that what most people only know is the version/portion of each podcast member that they present on the show and that 1 hour a week (or whatever) you have as a window into their lives - that isn't necessarily the same as who they are "in real life".

Though fully agree it shouldn't get people upset or anything - at the end of the day we are all here (those of us posting and those on the podcast) because we enjoy Disney (the parks, the movies, the company, the history, etc)

2. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

vs you and Duffy which you would like to see knocked down all the pegs until he is on the ground ... and then kick him why he is down

Princess Jes and SorcererHeidi like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. billyjobobb

billyjobobb Mouseketeer

it's about countering a negative with a positive.

DisDreaming4116 likes this.
  5. billyjobobb

billyjobobb Mouseketeer

Target did a thing years ago with focus groups to see what or how they could expand their mix of what they sold in the stores. It started out with little focus. They asked the open ended question "What would you buy from us if we carried it?"

As things started to gel, the people running the focus group got agitated because the top answer was light bulbs. Target sold light bulbs. They were also getting a number of other answers of items they carried already.

Target decided that instead of trying to add new products, they needed to get people to better shop their stores. Instead of adding departments, they cross promoted the ones that they already had.

Yes, you may say something in one show, but not everyone catches every show and adding a few seconds of a discussion to mention something that was already covered isn't bad. How many times has a certain person mentioned their affinity for the mint julep at Disneyland? That's not a bad thing, when it is a part of the conversation.

6. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

They used to do this more. On the Tuesday show, they used to list all of the other shows for the week and what the topics were. But then people complained that the "Housekeeping" section of the show was way too long so they stopped. Maybe there is some middle ground between talking for 20 minutes and not doing it at all, like just a very brief recap. Especially since each of the shows has it's own feed, some people may not even be aware of the other shows at this point. I've seen posts on here from people wondering what happened to the Dining Show, for example. It still exists but it is a separate listing in iTunes and you have to search for and subscribe to it separate from the Tuesday show. The broader and more spread out the DIS offerings get, the harder it is to keep track of them all.

MaryKatesMom and DisFamily17 like this.
  7. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

I m not Target, but thats what i did.

I told you we've done many shows on this topic.

Consider this my attempt at cross promotion.

8. DisFamily17

DisFamily17 Earning My Ears

A show or list we have never found is Quick Service with sitdown WITH great AC. When you really think about it at AK--that is a short list.

9. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Satuli Canteen or Restaurantosaurus. The rest is pretty much all outdoor seating.

10. disneysteve

Pizzafari too.

rteetz likes this.
  11. disneysteve

And not counter service but Nomad Lounge is a good option too and no ADR needed.

Tonyz and rteetz like this.
  12. YesterDark

YesterDark DIS Veteran

If you (the general you) don't listen to Connecting with Walt... I don't know what to say. It's probably one of the best shows.

13. Hunterr

Hunterr DIS Veteran

Is this thread still about Sean Faulk? Can't tell with the last 2 pages alone :D

zonkvadr likes this.
  14. jcdean

jcdean Mouseketeer

No, but "Tell Craig and Ryno how to Produce a Show" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, so the title stays.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    zonkvadr and disneysteve like this.
  15. billyjobobb

billyjobobb Mouseketeer

A show telling Disney how to run their parks.......

disneysteve likes this.
  16. TexasErin

TexasErin Loves old Pluto cartoons

I did a search and can’t find one. Would you happen to remember if it was a Dreams Unlimited show? I’m excited for our trip next month, but not so much for the heat....

17. TomorrowlandKD

TomorrowlandKD Paging Mr. Morrow

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2019
  18. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Thank you so much for sharing this, @TomorrowlandKD. I never would have known otherwise. And Sean- I sincerely keep you, and your family, in my loving thoughts, and healing light! Hugs to all!!

zonkvadr likes this.