• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, last year I had a solo business trip with one MK day where I brought DD's and DF's magic bands and was able to use them to get same-day FP+ once I entered the park. Does this trick still work?

Just wondering if anyone had an answer to my questions. Hoping I can use dh and dd's old magic bands for sdfp.
Can I use my neighbor's old MB for SDFP? Yes.

Can I use my La Leche League leader's MB for SDFP? Yes.

Can I use my ex-boyfriend's MB for SDFP? Yes. Serves the creep right.

Can I use my parents' MBs from last year, they're not coming on this trip.
YES.

Can I use my cousin's niece's orthodontist's MBs for SDFP? YES YES YES

Aren't you getting a little ornery? Yes.

I read the first post, but didnt see this question asked! I have a trip planned for June with memory maker already purchased. I want to let friends next week borrow old bands of ours for extra fp. I understand the risk of the tickets and have told them to make sure they do not enter the parks with my bands. And they know not to give our bands to photopass people. But the automatic ride photos, is there any risk that just by having my bands with them that it will activate MY memory maker? Thanks in advance!

I read the first post, but didnt see this question asked! I have a trip planned for June with memory maker already purchased. I want to let friends next week borrow old bands of ours for extra fp. I understand the risk of the tickets and have told them to make sure they do not enter the parks with my bands. And they know not to give our bands to photopass people. But the automatic ride photos, is there any risk that just by having my bands with them that it will activate MY memory maker? Thanks in advance!
Memory Maker is not related to SDFP at all.

The only thing that activates Memory Maker is when a Photopass Photo gets downloaded by the Guest who manages the Memory Maker account.

There is a Memory Maker Sticky at the top of the Main Theme Parks (TPAS) forum. :)

Thanks, that didn't exactly answer my question. I've read the first post about 10 times. I realize I can use my family member's magic band if they are not with us. All I wanted was reassurance that the mb of my husband and daughter were not clones and that we could use them as sdfp. Based on what I read I'm going with yes since I cannot seem to get the answer here.

Any non-cloned bands can be used for SDFP. We can't tell you if those bands are clones - but if you've compared the numbers printed on the back of the bands with the band numbers on your MDEs, then you know if they are clones or not.

Thanks, that didn't exactly answer my question. I've read the first post about 10 times. I realize I can use my family member's magic band if they are not with us. All I wanted was reassurance that the mb of my husband and daughter were not clones and that we could use them as sdfp. Based on what I read I'm going with yes since I cannot seem to get the answer here.
What Karrie said - go into your main MDE, look under My Magic Bands and Cards. If those bands (check color/number) don't appear linked to anyone you're using on this trip, then you should be good to go.

So I'm just wondering if the kiosks are set up the same...that they show more choices once you go in to modify.
Quick photo update for Ariel and others. Yesterday I went to HS. My son and I had 2 FPP's booked for ourselves. I used an old card (Laura) to attempt to make a SDFP. When I went to the kiosk and scanned her card only, this is what popped up:

IMG_2861.JPG
This is what could be confusing. It shows we still have one FPP remaining (since we'd only booked 2), but really 1 person (Laura) could make 3. So when I clicked on New FPP:
IMG_2862.JPG
All 3 names appeared. I unchecked mine and Stephen's (since I didn't want to change our existing FPP's) and hit next:
IMG_2863.JPG
You can see here that 6:20 is the only available time for Fantasmic (sorry it got cut off on the top). Similarly, you can see it only shows 3 options for the next 3 rides, but also has a "Details & More Times" choice. I selected that for the Great Movie Ride:
IMG_2864.JPG
You can see you get a lot more choices then. I have done this in the past and hit the back arrow up on the top left and gone back and forth. In this case you can see the 10:30 disappeared between the first screen and the second so someone else probably grabbed it. If it was a popular attraction, or you were looking for times coming up quickly, I would grab whatever closest time worked for you. If you were looking for something later in the day, you could spend more time playing with it. For example, let's say you already had that 6:20 FPP for Fantasmic and you wanted to take an afternoon break and come back and hit GMR before that time (assuming you're booking 3 FPP's with new SDFP media and realizing you couldn't actually do this since they're both Tier 1 but say for example you were looking at Star Tours or ToT instead). The system wouldn't let you book the 5:25 one shown since it would conflict with a 6:20. But 4:40 is too early for you. I would take go back a page (top left arrow) and see if anything else is offered and go back and forth a couple times. If that didn't work, I'd go ahead and take the 4:40 and go back to the main screen and choose to change it instead and see if any options showed up but at least have the 4:40 just in case. If I'm at the parks in the next couple days I'll try to play with that and get some pictures of the change screen as well.

I read the FAQ and I am sorry for the question. We have a split stay with two different accounts/emails so two FP are possible. One is a room only followed by room + tickets. If I have them ship the luggage to stay #2 from stay #1 is there any risk that the MB for stay #1 get linked to #2? The primary names have Stephen vs. Steve. Same last name. I am 1.5 weeks out from going. I can move the luggage myself if there is a risk. Thanks!

Hmmm. Bell Services should have no involvement with changes to your MDE. And moving the luggage yourself would be a pain. If it were me, I'd let them move the luggage.

Thank you for this info - I had no idea this is possible and we are staying offsite so have less opportunities to prebook FP. We were kings of getting many FPs with the paper system and DH who doesn't do rides and was a great runner. Getting shorter lines on repeatable favorites without having to wait until first 3 used will be great. DH will do a kiosk instead of running so it works on that level too. Now to track down magic bands - I have a friend who went recently so this will be awesome.

Quick photo update for Ariel and others. Yesterday I went to HS. My son and I had 2 FPP's booked for ourselves. I used an old card (Laura) to attempt to make a SDFP. When I went to the kiosk and scanned her card only, this is what popped up:

View attachment 218300
This is what could be confusing. It shows we still have one FPP remaining (since we'd only booked 2), but really 1 person (Laura) could make 3. So when I clicked on New FPP:

This is SO helpful! Question - if you did not have remaining FP under your primary account (because you'd already booked your 3), I assume it would not say "New Fast Pass+" at the bottom. If that's the case, how would I get to the screen where I could unselect our primary FP people so I could make the 3 SDFP for our phantoms? (Hope that makes sense!)

Question - if you did not have remaining FP under your primary account (because you'd already booked your 3), I assume it would not say "New Fast Pass+" at the bottom. If that's the case, how would I get to the screen where I could unselect our primary FP people so I could make the 3 SDFP for our phantoms? (Hope that makes sense!)

Usually it says something like "Some members of your party are eligible for additional fastpasses" and would have something like "Continue" or even that same "New Fast Pass+". I can try to look the next time I'm at a park and have FPP's but generally this is pretty intuitive just as long as you're careful about the "who" you're changing (so when it shows you several names, be careful to unclick any you don't want to change). Or just make a second MDE account for the phantoms and then you won't have the confusion.

Updating with pics from yesterday to show what it looks like when all FPP's have been pre-booked. In this case I didn't need to unclick names since it showed we weren't eligible for more but the one SDFP I had just scanned was:
IMG_2893.JPG IMG_2894.JPG

You are a genius. Tricks like this are exactly why I joined DISboards. Thank you for your patience, knowledge, and humor! You should seriously consider writing a Disney guide book haha so thorough and easy to follow while keeping it upbeat. Bravo

New shiny MBs arrived today from the Disney store, and I set up phantom profiles to link them to on my existing MDE account. I just wanted to double-check one thing - on My Family & Friends List, my "real" family members are all listed under "We're Planning Together," while my phantoms showed up under a section titled "My Other Family & Friends." Is this correct? Thanks so much for this awesome thread!!

New shiny MBs arrived today from the Disney store, and I set up phantom profiles to link them to on my existing MDE account. I just wanted to double-check one thing - on My Family & Friends List, my "real" family members are all listed under "We're Planning Together," while my phantoms showed up under a section titled "My Other Family & Friends." Is this correct? Thanks so much for this awesome thread!!
It really doesn't make a difference. I have some family members listed under "Other family & friends" because they're not home much and I have friends who visit a lot and I go to the parks with frequently as "We're planning together". That doesn't have an effect on SDFP at all as far as I know.

I'm ashamed to even ask because I did read the first page! Btw, love your sense of humor, @ScrapYap! When reading this part, I think my situation will work:

If Jan goes on a business trip to Orlando on her own, she could take all 4 of the family's MBs. She could enter the Magic Kingdom with her own band. Then she could use all 4 of the family bands for FP. If she made FP in advance, she'd have quite a time. Though she'd feel a little guilty having that much fun without her kids. She'd head over to Epcot to have a Grey Goose Slushie and feel better. At Epcot, she would be out of luck, as far as FP goes. Her family's four bands already had FP from the MK. So they couldn't be used at the park kiosks at Epcot. (Even if she brought some extras from home, they'd be of no use, since they are all clones and all would show the same FP from the MK.)

But maybe Jan is smart. Maybe she used only two of the bands for advance FP from the MK. The other two she used for advance FP at Epcot. Nice advance planning, Jan!

But then I read this and I'm a little confused again:

In order to get SDFP at the kiosks, you must have MBs (or cards) which are NOT linked to the primary profiles (for you, your family, and friends) on your MDE which means they will NOT be clones.

My situation is that one of my sons and I are going to WDW next month. My DH and my other DS are NOT going. Can I take one of their old bands each to use for SDFP or are they part of the "hive" and considered a clone because I manage them on MDE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter