SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite what others have reported, just letting 2 Tier 2's expire has worked for me every time I've tested it, at both HS and Epcot. I know others have reported issues and it seems each time someone insisted it didn't work I'd go check again and it would be fine for me. Unfortunately I can't check this tomorrow since I have a Safari FP after FOP that I actually plan to use but since letting one expire today worked, I really think letting 2 expire would as well.
I wonder if the varied responses/experiences have to do with problems with the app like I experienced again last night. When you are doing something that you are unsure is actually allowed (since it is an attempt to circumvent MDE rules) and you get a "oops something went wrong" message (sometimes with multiple tries) you assume that it means it can't be done. However sometimes all it means is that you encountered a glitch and the app is not responding to the request being made.

Yes, It was on my main band. I had Tier 2s booked at ITTBAB and Primeval Whirl. Once I tapped those and used my FoP FP, I transferred Tier 1s from my phantoms, as I used them.

Oh, awesome. So you only need use 2 tier 2's to get a second tier 1. But it sounds like a 3rd tier 1 can be had without additional tier 2s.

1. As soon as I came in I booked a SDFP for someone previously associated with my MDE using their old card with no ticket remaining. I then (on my phone/app) used the Change Party function and had no problem (!!) changing the party from that person to my son's AP (since he had valid admission, although he wasn't in the park). No guarantee this will work after the 6th but could be a game changer if it still does and the "check point" is at the ride as we've heard and not the kiosk.
This is exciting! I will definitely test this out on the 6th and the 10th. I am limited to those days bc of when I scheduled my initial 3.

Wow, this stuff is so over my head... I'm lost just reading it here on the boards and can only imagine my family's face , if I mess it all up in a park lol.
Curious to see how/if Disney "changes" come thru
On the 6th..

I'm lost with all of the MDE, AP, phantoms, multiple accounts, FP transfer etc.

My approach was a little simpler. I have plastic tickets from kids senior class trips. They were never attached to an MDE. My understanding is as of June 6th, if I tried these at a kiosk for SDFP, I would get denied because they do not have valid admission.

Is that correct?

Furthermore, with this process, I have little hope of finding a new loophole.

Marcie's research today confirmed that you have a new loophole - you can add CPFP (Change Party FP) to your primary profiles by booking SDFP, on your plastic tickets then transferring them to your main bands (after using the first three booked FP). CPFP have that extra step - so not as easy as SDFP. But at least you don't have to have extra tickets on your MDE to get CPFP. The only possible problem is that you might not be able to link the old plastic tickets to phantoms on your MDE - they might show as unable to link. Much of the time, they are able to link.

Last edited:
Marcie's research today confirmed that you have a new loophole - you can add CPFP (Change Party FP) to your primary profiles by booking SDFP, on your plastic tickets then transferring them to your main bands (after using the first three booked FP). CPFP have that extra step - so not as easy as SDFP. But at least you don't have to have extra tickets on your MDE to get CPFP.
I'll test it again tomorrow just in case. But I still wouldn't be sure that this will be the case come June 6 - just have to wait and see what changes actually occur and how they affect all of this!

I'll test it again tomorrow just in case. But I still wouldn't be sure that this will be the case come June 6 - just have to wait and see what changes actually occur and how they affect all of this!

So will change party only work with old cards or would it work with new magic bands that are linked to a different MDE?

If this all pans out the way we expect it to - then CPFP will work just like SDFP (with cards and bands that are not clones) - with the extra step of doing the Change Party after the first FP are used.
Great, thanks! We will be at MK for two days late next week and if that's the case, I am going to buy some new bands. The cost would be worth it to me to have the extra fp's for mk.

Great, thanks! We will be at MK for two days late next week and if that's the case, I am going to buy some new bands. The cost would be worth it to me to have the extra fp's for mk.

Before June 6 (or maybe 5), you could use the extra bands for SDFP - which represent an extra set of FP for each person. But after June 6, the bands won't be worth as much to you. You can always just go to a kiosk to book a 4th (5th, etc.) FP on your primary band.

You won't be denied at the kiosks - you'll be denied at FP entrance.

Check back on the thread. If there are more loopholes, we'll find them. :)

Marcie's research today confirmed that you have a new loophole - you can add CPFP (Change Party FP) to your primary profiles by booking SDFP, on your plastic tickets then transferring them to your main bands (after using the first three booked FP). CPFP have that extra step - so not as easy as SDFP. But at least you don't have to have extra tickets on your MDE to get CPFP.

While I'll be extremely happy if this is the case, I am flummoxed. You would think they would be rejected at the kiosk.

I'll wait to see how things turn out after the 6th. Hopefully, I'll have to learn how to Change Party from a plastic ticket with no MDE account.

If this all pans out the way we expect it to - then CPFP will work just like SDFP (with cards and bands that are not clones) - with the extra step of doing the Change Party after the first FP are used.

Wow just wow just read the updates.. I'm so disappointed like everyone else... Our Disney trip is June 9-19th just my luck lol I had already purchased 8 used magic bands for sdfp... I'm thinking the above quote is meaning new magic bands that can be added on as a phantom to a mde and not used magic bands that are under some strangers mde? I had thot that new magic bands purchased and registered under a phantom and linked to ur mde since they didn't have a ticket linked they couldn't be adjusted or modified on ur mde just viewed but hopefully this has changed if so I'll just buy 4 new bands and do cpfp... Or just have a regular Disney experience waiting in lines but what fun is that :)

Ok, still wrapping my mind on how to (maybe) get extra FPs to work. We stay off property but have a throwaway camp site to open up our 60 day window. Since the site held 10 we made phantom names to finish filling it up. The plan was to use these extra bands, that have never had tickets attached, for SDFPs. Do we think there is a chance that these would work to make SDFPs and then the change party option to move them to the tickets after the 1st 3 are used?

We have a set of 10 non-expiring tickets that have never been attached to any MDE account because I've always feared they would get used by accident. We also have an unlinked MDE account that has 10 tickets expiring attached that have the same names as the main account we are using for this trip.

We will be in MK on the dreaded change day! MK was really the only park we used SDFPs last year. Being unable to stand for long periods without bad back pain meant SDFPS made a much more enjoyable day for me and my family.

The big difference is you will need to use the 3 pre-booked FPs first. So that will make choosing FPs more strategic-want to get them for first 3 hrs you plan to be in the park. As opposed to a situation where you planned to hop to Park 2 in the afternoon, prebooking all FPs for that park while relying on SDFP for Park 1.

And a question for people now researching and experimenting with CPFP, you still cannot modify time or anything for the FP from the app? Just change the party.

The Cm will probably offer to do this -- might even say they need to do it on the spot. You could tell them you prefer to do it later. Or set up the phantom profile ahead of time and give the CM the phantom name. You won't be able to transfer the ticket to another profile - but you can change the name of the phantom.

:thanks:

I like the idea mentioned above of not having any on your main profile to be able to transfer, but unless I'm missing something that means I don't book/use the fast pass entitlements on the ticket being used for entry? (I'm afraid I don't have enough extra sets of extra tickets to effectively pull that off)

A different question. Sometimes I've had a FP that continues to show in my MDE even though the window is past (I think this happens when I miss it?). When that happens, does it still think I'm in my third FP and thus not allow me to grab a 4th? Last time it didn't matter much.. I just cancelled it and made another one. But if I'm my intention is to transfer in a 4th and it's a second Tier 1.. wouldn't that be a problem?

I'll be in MK tomorrow with a full array of fast passes and tickets if anyone needs me to test anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter