Scrapbooking Group ~~ Punch Swaps???

Janice

Super Shopper
Hi guys - I just read on the US Scrapbooking Forum about a Punchie Swap.

What does it entail - could we do one here in the UK? Is there enough of us?

Bev, Fiona - do you know about these :)

I think I also read about a Paper Piecing Swap some time ago.

This sounds really interesting and a great idea - any comments???

a punchie swap is when you punch a lot of pieces out using your punch (usually 10 per person) and then send them to a central person who distributes them, so you get back so many bags of 10 punchies - so you might get back 10 leaves, 10 mickey heads, 10 hearts etc.

I wouldn't mind participating but I don't have any interesting punches - I don't think anyone wants 10 small squares!

A paper piecing swap is when you all make x number of a character or something and then they are swapped- I've done an ABC one recently where I made 26 H's and 26 Disney hat's - never again! 26 is too many! But hopefully soon, I will get back a complete set of A-Z and associated characters to use in my disney album.

I wouldn't mind organising a swap after I get back from Florida. I might even have some new punches by then!

Bev

Hi all

I don't mind helping out here - I have quite a few punches (about 40!!)

The most interesting ones I have are silhouettes (Mickey Mouse body and Gingerbread man - both bought from Artbase and are on their website if you want to view them)

I also have punches for making shapes of icecreams, bats, flowers, leaves, swirls, waterdrops, splashes etc...

Next week I go to Florida and so I hope to come back with some punchkins. (The punches designed to punch out your paper dolls and their clothes)

If anyone wants a full list of what I have give me a shout.

Becky

I'd be interested in a punchie swap - I have 6 punches in all as I've been
trying to buy 1 a week when I go to Artbase or order from Scraptastic.
I got a nice daisy one yesterday so I'll do daisies if you like! (not very Disneyfied!)

I'd be interested in a punch swap. I haven't got any at the moment but am willing to buy one (possibly one that nobodys got at the moment).

Christine

I've just taken delivery of 4 new paper shapers punches - I've got Maple Leaf, Stem Leaf, Flower Leaf and Flower Power. and I've got tri-leaf on back order - only problem is they are Paper Shapers and the punchies are very small.

I'm up for organising a punchie swap - if you are interested then reply here with the name of your punch.

we'll do 10 per person, so if 10 people respond, then you will need to send 10 bags of 10 punchies, and you will get back 10 bags of different punchies.

Who's interested???

Bev - Leaf punchies

I have only got two biggish Punches - Heart & Daisy so would be happy to do them, I also have two titchy punches - Maple Leaf & Snowflake.

I would be happy to do all of them, do you just punch out any colour - or all the same? Card Stock or Paper??

What bags do you put them in? sorry if these are stupid questions, but would sandwich type bags from Sainsburys do - or do they need to be special ones?

And - do we all send the organiser (Bev in this instance) a SAE for our returns - as you have done this before Bev, what size envelope would you suggest?

Exciting isnt it???? :D :D :D :D :D

sandwich bags are fine, and yes you need to send a SASE - I forgot about that - this is the first swap I've hosted. Put the same postage on that it costs you to send your punchies to me.
When we have the full list of people, I will PM everyone with my address.

You can punch out of anything so long as it's acid-free - so this is a good opportunity to use your scraps up - a variety of colors is fine.

I would suggest an A5 envelope, although since puncies are quite small, chances are they would fit in most envelopes.

Mine is definitely the titchy leaf - I will probably do a selection of leaves.

Janice or Natalie, I would love the big daisy as I only have a tiny one.

Bev

This is the Daisy one I have:
longpunch.jpg

This is the Heart one I have:
heart.jpg

This the Leaf design I have, but it is a Woodware one and is about the size of
your average finger nail:
leafp.jpg

The last one I have is the same size as above but a Snowflake. (cant find a piccy)

I would be happy to do all of these if anyone wanted them.

Just been out shopping and couldn't resist a balloon shaped punch (about 2cm x 2cm). I'll do those in a variety of colours

OK - Here's the list so far:

Bev - variety of small leaves
Janice- any of punches mentioned
Christine (Nick the Cat) - Balloon
Carole - flower power, flower, daisy or heart (how about hearts Carol?)
Sleepy Dragon - ???
Kaylee - Swirl (if that's ok Kaylee)
Natalie - Daisy

I think it we can get between 8 - 10 people that would be a nice number.

Bev

I've just ordered some punches from Artbase. They'll be my first ones. I've ordered the papershaper ones, flower power, flower, daisy and heart. Assuming those arrive, I'd love to join in.

I'll print this thread out and show it to DW (Sleepy Dragon) this evening, 'cause by the way the cc is moaning she has loads of punches.

Off hand I know she has a number of different sizes of Mickey and a bouncing tigger I think.

Des

Bev,
I'll do the Daisy one if that's ok - or I have a flower, tooth, snowflake, heart
so unless I hear otherwise I'll do the daisy. What colour does everyone want?

LOL Christine - you beat me to it! I was just going to do the same and ask Bev what the latest is on what we are all doing?

LOL

Bev - are we enough yet?

My Daisy punch seems to be playing up, keeps getting stuck, I can easily do the Heart though. The smaller punches I have are difficult to use on Cardstock - they only work well on paper - does anyone else have this problem?

Can you count me in too.

I have silhouette of mickey body or side view of head, very small or small disney 3 circle head, small tigger. or non disney small swirl, small daisy, butterfly, small sheriff badge.

Please let me know which ones to do and what colour or do we just do a mix which we think goes well.

Julie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter