Sci-Fi or 50s PT??

We have done both also. I prefer Sci Fi. My kids 4,6,8 want to go back to Prime Time. I thought the food was not very good, in fact mine was barely warm. I think they just love the make your own sundae at Prime Time. We've been at each one once and I'm not sure that we'll book at either again. Both just average. We always try something new.

Just got back and did both on DDP. We had two TS credits left and made ARDS at 50's at 12:00 and Sci Fi at 6:00. Our waiter at Primetime provided great service but was not in character so we did not have the ultimate experience. DH and I liked the food and LOVED the atmosphere. We had a kitchen table. (AWESOME) But other people in our room had plain tables. DD5 liked the tv and the feel of being in a house. But didn't get the "Family" treatment. I think this would have been cooler with a waiter in character but at a different table it may have been less cool.
SCI FI was cooler to her as we sat in the front seat and middle. It was dark and the movies were fun. She had a glow in the dark tink in her drink which was cool. Food was really good too.

We had milkshakes at both. We spilt two TS credits between these two places because we also had a snack credit each and new that would be too much food for us. At Prime time, they give you the milkshake in a tall glass AND give you the metal tumbler with the extras which I drank

Well..having eaten at both on our last trip last summer...here is my 2 cents.

The Sci Fi: initial...wow what a cool place. You sit in cars to dine! The screen is showing some parts of old cool movies/shows. etc. However, its very hard to talk to folks in your party if they are behind you? My 11 yr old kept talking to me and I just had to try to listen over my shoulder. The food on a scale of 1-10 was about a 4. The server was ok...friendly but slow that day. I can't say as I would return once I've been there now.

The 50's PT Cafe: wow what another cool place! It looks like my house growing up in the 60's!...lol Every table has a view of an older looking TV with black and white shows playing. The silverware is placed in a tub on the table and you lay it out yourself (just like at home..lol) The waitress was a hoot...she was Cousin Chrissy I believe. She wasn't loud or anything just plain old fun. She found out my hubby was from Texas and she introduced us to another table nearby that were also Texans..lol The food here: on that same scale was probably an 8. EVERYthing was very good. We all had something different and we all loved our meals. My oldes son said his shake was great. (I did not indulge) The apple cobbler sort of dessert that my hubby and I shared was great and huge! The service was a 7 at the restaurant also. We totally enjoyed ourselves and we will be back.

For the record, our boys are 15 and almost 12 that were with us (we have an older son in Iraqi that's 21 : ( ) They really enjoyed the 50's PT Cafe. We all laughed non stop in there plus enjoyed the meal tremendously.

have a great trip whereever you eat!
Esmerelda :)

I love the atmosphere at Sci Fi but the food is not any different than most of the more generic counter service places. I always tell people it is worth eating at just once. You will have a good time there. Just do not expect anything more than burgers, sandwiches and salads for the most part.

Hi, I have three daughters 12, 8 and 8. They loved Sci-fi. They couldn't stop saying how cool it was. The twins sat in the front of the car, my DD 12 and I sat in the middle and my sister in the back. My dd 12 said "Mom this is sooo cool." I don't hear those words very often. They loved the light-up drinks and burgers were good. I enjoyed the milkshakes too. Our waiter was very good and the girls thought it was so funny when he gave them the bill and said here is your speeding ticket.
We also went to Prime-time and my sister and I enjoyed it but my twins did not understand the atmosphere. We kept explaining things to them. They did enjoy the sundaes. For kids I would have to say that the Sci-fi atmosphere was more to their liking. Have a great time.

We always go to Sci-Fi. I actualy love the food and the atmosphere is my favorite. The clips they show are so corny that they're hilarious and I love the ambiance. I really feel like I'm at a drive in movie in the '50s.
I didn't like the '50s prime time cafe because of the "jokes" and hijinx they participate in. Don't get me wrong, I have a sense of humor, its just not when the waitresses embarass me.
To each their own though.

We are a family of 6 [and my mom just joined us as we returned 2 days ago as well, so a family of 7] and Sci Fi is one of our favorite restaurants in WDW. The food was fabulous, it was tons of fun and the kids had a blast! The onion rings are the greatst I have ever had [well, next to Beaches N Cream]. HTH

My daughter prefers the Sci Fi and i prefer the Prime Time,so we're doing both. I have to say that I had the Shrimp Penne Pasta at the Sci Fi in November and it was delicious.

All kids will love Sci-Fi Diner. It's atmosphere is amazing! It is themed pefectly! What kid wouldn't love sitting in a car, watching film shorts, and drinking a milkshake! If you want to please your Children go with Sci-Fi!

Maybe, maybe not. Withe DDP, you get an app, entree and dessert AND can choose a milkshake for your drink. That's a lot of food for one person. If you aren't on DDP, would you order a 3 course meal? Probably not.

That day, we ate breakfast as our CS. Adult Breakfast Platter, Croissant Sandwich, and childs pancakes and bacon.

At Prime Time, we orderes one milkshake as the adult drink. It comes in a tall glass and the metal tumbler with the extra comes too. (One glass for DH and one for me ), the fried cheese (comes with lots of fruit and 3 large croutons) fried chicken ( 3 pieces of chicken, mashers and greens) and angel food cake with berries. DD5 is a lite eater. we ordered her the salad, meatloaf with fries. I ate the salad. DH ate the slice of meatloaf & thigh and she ate his drumstick and fries while I ate the breast while we shared the sides. (We all shared the 2 desserts).

We had a soft pretzel, churro and popcorn for snack

At Sci Fi, again we got the milkshake for DD I got Coke and DH ordered a beer (OOP). DH and I shared the spinach dip, I got the shrimp pasta on DDP while DH ordered Reuben (OOP) and we split the chocolate tart.

So on DDP, there is more than enough to share. But A la cart? That depends on you and how hungry you are.

Maybe, maybe not. Withe DDP, you get an app, entree and dessert AND can choose a milkshake for your drink. That's a lot of food for one person. If you aren't on DDP, would you order a 3 course meal? Probably not.

That day, we ate breakfast as our CS. Adult Breakfast Platter, Croissant Sandwich, and childs pancakes and bacon.

At Prime Time, we orderes one milkshake as the adult drink. It comes in a tall glass and the metal tumbler with the extra comes too. (One glass for DH and one for me ), the fried cheese (comes with lots of fruit and 3 large croutons) fried chicken ( 3 pieces of chicken, mashers and greens) and angel food cake with berries. DD5 is a lite eater. we ordered her the salad, meatloaf with fries. I ate the salad. DH ate the slice of meatloaf & thigh and she ate his drumstick and fries while I ate the breast while we shared the sides. (We all shared the 2 desserts).

We had a soft pretzel, churro and popcorn for snack

At Sci Fi, again we got the milkshake for DD I got Coke and DH ordered a beer (OOP). DH and I shared the spinach dip, I got the shrimp pasta on DDP while DH ordered Reuben (OOP) and we split the chocolate tart.

So on DDP, there is more than enough to share. But A la cart? That depends on you and how hungry you are.

Thanks. You gave me a very good idea of portions. We have DDP for the first 4 days of our trip. Then we're on our own. Trying to figure the best options.

There will be three of us and I just wondered if all 3 of us will sit together or if one of us will have to sit in a different row. It will be DH (6'1" 200 lbs), pregnant me, and our DS 5.

We took 2 rows. It's not so much the width of the car but the size of the "table". It is long and narrow. When you put drinks, condiments and plates, there isn't much room. DD5 loved sitting in the front and DH and I at in the middle seat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter