School me on Ragnar

I'm down to join a team in FL, GA, AL, TN, or Carolinas if there are others here that would join.

Okay, who’s going to arrange the Dis relay? I’m serious. I think we could get a really fun team together. And any excuse to travel and run in more states is good in my book!

I'm just gonna drop this here because Bourbon. :)

https://bourbonchase.com/

Although it is a lottery. :(

I have an "in" for a team for this one - as long as that isn't IM 70.3 NOLA weekend, I can probably organize this one.

A couple more specific questions. I may have a group of 6 friends here that want to try for the Bourbon Chase. I've been trying to read the website for both that race and the main Ragnar page, but not having a lot of luck finding my answers.

So, price. Looks like last year the race cost for 12 runners was $1700ish. I see that to enter the lottery there is a $25 non-refundable fee. It also reads like just one person (the team captain presumably) does the application. Is that right? Then if you are selected you invite your team members to join your team? So, my other questions are, if you are selected, must you immediately pay for $1700 or whatever? I see you invite them team members to join. I don't see on the Bourbon chase site information about just being a six-person group that would get paired with another (so not an ultra team here), but I swear I'd read that somewhere before as an option. Is it only an option for some of the races and not all?

Also, does you team have to provide a volunteer? I was getting confused on that as well.

A couple more specific questions. I may have a group of 6 friends here that want to try for the Bourbon Chase. I've been trying to read the website for both that race and the main Ragnar page, but not having a lot of luck finding my answers.

So, price. Looks like last year the race cost for 12 runners was $1700ish. I see that to enter the lottery there is a $25 non-refundable fee. It also reads like just one person (the team captain presumably) does the application. Is that right? Then if you are selected you invite your team members to join your team? So, my other questions are, if you are selected, must you immediately pay for $1700 or whatever? I see you invite them team members to join. I don't see on the Bourbon chase site information about just being a six-person group that would get paired with another (so not an ultra team here), but I swear I'd read that somewhere before as an option. Is it only an option for some of the races and not all?

Also, does you team have to provide a volunteer? I was getting confused on that as well.

I’ve never done a Ragnar/relay that is a lottery but I would guess they’ll want you to pay pretty quickly. There is usually a person who is the team captain that signs up and then you just add on team members from there. You’ll have a team page. Not sure about pairing you with another team( think I’ve seen it before) but you won’t have trouble finding six more people if it’s a lottery. Could probably find six people here. :)

There is usually an option to bypass the volunteer by paying a fee I think. Volunteering is a little bit harder for road races. They use to have the policy that if you volunteered for a race you could get a free entry to another race. I’m not sure if Bourbon Chase follows the same guidelines as Ragnar.

I’ve never done a Ragnar/relay that is a lottery but I would guess they’ll want you to pay pretty quickly. There is usually a person who is the team captain that signs up and then you just add on team members from there. You’ll have a team page. Not sure about pairing you with another team( think I’ve seen it before) but you won’t have trouble finding six more people if it’s a lottery. Could probably find six people here. :)

There is usually an option to bypass the volunteer by paying a fee I think. Volunteering is a little bit harder for road races. They use to have the policy that if you volunteered for a race you could get a free entry to another race. I’m not sure if Bourbon Chase follows the same guidelines as Ragnar.

South Florida was a lottery and they charge your card the minute you’re selected - just like a marathon lottery.

OK. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter