Scent at the Poly

donaldandpirates

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know of a similar scent (candle, air freshener, etc.) that they use in the lobby of the Poly? I thought I read a while back about a candle from Bath and Body Works, but you can't get it anymore??? I would love to make my house smell like the Poly!

Is it some type of aloe vera & floral scent? My friend used to work there, I'm going to email her & see if she knows!

It definitely has a bit of chlorine mixed in with the floral smell. Only reason I know this is because our local Y pool's dressing rooms remind me of the Poly when I walk through. :laughing:

It definitely has a bit of chlorine mixed in with the floral smell. Only reason I know this is because our local Y pool's dressing rooms remind me of the Poly when I walk through. :laughing:

That's the "Disney Water Smell!" I always think "POTC! Maelstrom! Poly!!!" when I smell chlorinated water!!

My friend that used to work at Poly said the word "Bamboo" is in the fragrance title, but she can't remember for sure. She thinks it might have been Green Bamboo, and yes, it's pumped in!

I work for Yankee Candle (and so did the former CM friend) and we had a scent called Green Bamboo but we both agree it's not that one. She said though that the foliage in the Poly lobby could be mixing with the scent they pump in (makes sense - or scents LOL) :rotfl:

There is a thread I can't remember what board it's on but there is a list of scents for almost every ride/major Disney smell. I believe the title is "NEW SCENT ALERT" all in Caps. They have the poly smell there for sure. I was literally reading about it 2 days ago. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I hope you find it.

Oh, the scent of the Poly is THE BEST.

I googled "green bamboo" and came up with a company called Scent Air. They list a "green bamboo" but it doesn't look like they sell retail. Drat!

http://www.scentair.com/why-scentair-scents/

You can purchase their small air freshener machine! I bought one in 2008 after returning from a stay at the Beach Club. The scent at the BC was Green Clover and Aloe. This past summer we were enjoying the stay at the Poly and they told me it was Green Bamboo (or Fresh Bamboo). They use this same company for their air fresheners. The machine cost me $80 (I think) and then the refills are sort of pricey, but every once in awhile I need a little Dis pick me up and get one. They are $35. Depending on how much you use the machine and the blower speed you use, the scent lasts around 30-60 days (though I've had it in a closet this winter with the BC scent in it and the whole closet smells like the BC now).

You can purchase their small air freshener machine! I bought one in 2008 after returning from a stay at the Beach Club. The scent at the BC was Green Clover and Aloe. This past summer we were enjoying the stay at the Poly and they told me it was Green Bamboo (or Fresh Bamboo). They use this same company for their air fresheners. The machine cost me $80 (I think) and then the refills are sort of pricey, but every once in awhile I need a little Dis pick me up and get one. They are $35. Depending on how much you use the machine and the blower speed you use, the scent lasts around 30-60 days (though I've had it in a closet this winter with the BC scent in it and the whole closet smells like the BC now).

I bought the Westin version before I found this. My cartridge has lasted at least 1 year because the scent is so concentrated that, at least inn our house, if I run it for a couple of hours and then turn it off, the scent lasts for a few days. It is supposed to only last for 30 days. If I ran it every day, it would be way too much. There are the Disney resorts scents.
http://www.enviroscent.com/Accscent

Wow! The refill cost has really gone up! Ah, what some of us will do to bring home a little Disney! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!