Scared Silly But Loving It

I finally got myself caught up! What a wonderful cruise. I can't wait to get on that ship in 3 weeks!

I am loving all the decor from the Beach and Yacht Club. They hadn't decorated yet when I stayed there in Nov. 1012. Someday I will get back and see it all!

I finally got myself caught up! What a wonderful cruise. I can't wait to get on that ship in 3 weeks!

I am loving all the decor from the Beach and Yacht Club. They hadn't decorated yet when I stayed there in Nov. 1012. Someday I will get back and see it all!

I shall eagerly await your report what you make of the Magic. Thanks for reading along.

Corinna

I only found this trip report today and read it all in 1 sitting.
You have made me even more excited for my November trip, and convinced me to do the Xmas party.

Day 11

The Florida Turnpike must be the most soul-destroying stretch of road that I have ever encountered. It is just a very straight road with sometimes 40 to 50 miles without an exit. The only interesting thing we saw was vultures. I was quite relieved that we had decided to take a route that comes off the Florida Turnpike near Lake Okeechobee and take a road that was running parallel to the lake. We had visions of a beautiful view. Unfortunately this was not quite how it turned out. All we could see was a dam. So we decided to come of the road and park near the lake so that we could at least see the lake. It was nice to stretch out and we went for a short walk. It still was worth it coming off the Florida Turnpike. We ended up driving through farm country and small towns and villages and saw all kinds of interesting wildlife including what we both thought to be a lynx. Eventually we ended up on the freeway again.

The bolding is mine, but this might be the most accurate description of that drive ever.

We live in Tampa, Florida and we choose to fly into Key West rather than drive. I hate the turn-pike, hate driving through Miami ... and to get to the Keys you have to continue driving on only a bridge over the ocean.

For the record, our flight was 2.5 hours and only $100 more than the gas to drive round trip. :woohoo:

The bolding is mine, but this might be the most accurate description of that drive ever.

We live in Tampa, Florida and we choose to fly into Key West rather than drive. I hate the turn-pike, hate driving through Miami ... and to get to the Keys you have to continue driving on only a bridge over the ocean.

For the record, our flight was 2.5 hours and only $100 more than the gas to drive round trip. :woohoo:

I know that DH really wants to do the drive to Key West at some stage so that is probably in my future.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter