• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SB: Sticky album story

chessie

DIS Veteran
Sticky album story

I found an old album that was my husbands. I knew the album existed but I had forgotten all about it. About 15 to 20 years ago my MIL decided to get rid of all her pictures of her children growing up. She separated them and put them in those sticky page albums. The pages in this album are close to orange in color. All of the pictures are in bad condition, some ruined. I have been trying to remove them and preserve what is left of them. It has been very slow going. Some I have been able to remove using dental floss to separate the photo from the page. Others, I used tons of Undo. There are others that I am not sure will ever come loose.

Just think, There are people everywhere that are putting photos into those horrible albums as we speak. We took one of the pages out of the album to mount at the LSS with a sign saying "don't let your precious family photos look like this".

I hope that at least one person reads this story and thinks twice before risking their precious memories with this type of photo storage.

Now, does anyone know where I can get an industrial size bottle of Undo?

chessie

OK Chessie, you have inspired me to run to the entertainment center and rip out my childhood albums and rescue my photos! I was just noticing the other night that the albums my Mom made me many, many years ago was yelllowing and the photos had all slipped out of the pages.

Pam

Chessie this is great advice. When I became a CM about 3 years ago I went and saved all my pics from my childhood as well as both my sisters. Not all are in albums yet, but we stopped the yellowing process. Many of my pics, I'm the oldest were already yellow, but less so on my sister's. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter