Saw this on another thread:

@tiggerdad Any super powers? Can you feel the force? Do you all the sudden tune into Radio Disney or the Disney transportation dispatch radio?

I did experience this sensation of indwelling power building at one point Christmas day and I did in fact wonder if I was about to pull a Bruce Banner but I found out later it was just the deviled eggs.

I can see the medical form now. Have you had any beans, deviled eggs, cheese, asparagus/broccoli/brussel sprouts, or anything on the taco bell menu?

I can see the medical form now. Have you had any beans, deviled eggs, cheese, asparagus/broccoli/brussel sprouts, or anything on the taco bell menu?
Why do you think we say don't eat anything (NPO) the night before or day of surgery. :lmao:

Actually, the not eating is so you don't aspirate and get pneumonia. But surgical fires are a big risk. We have to do a fire risk assessment immediately before every case and mitigate any risks identified. We use a lot of things that get hot in the OR (lasers, fiber optic light sources, Bovies- electrocautery) and we have a lot of disposable paper based things (drapes, gowns) that burn really well. Add high concentrations of oxygen in some cases that can be trapped under drapes and focused in a surgical area (oral surgery) and the risk of a fire is pretty high. Thankfully, surgical fires are incredibly rare, but only because we have to pay attention to all those risks every surgery.

Just a few of the things you never knew you had to worry about when having surgery.

j

I was aware about the fasting and for the most part was related to aspiration under anesthesia. However, I did not know yall did an explosive gas analasis.

I think that even driving through the parking lot of Taco Bell can cause serious GI complications

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts