Saw this on another thread:

I think this is a risk most of us understand. As many of the comments noted, eating indoors with masks off and reduced air flow is proving to be one of the biggest transmission methods. I hope the OP on the other post recovers, but everyone should understand the risks of going to a theme park with thousands of people right now. Social distancing (which was hit or miss when we were there in October), disinfecting surfaces and enforcing masks are only "mitigation" strategies, not elimination strategies.

As for the many comments about no one seeing Disney wipe down rides, during our October trip, we frequently were in a stopped ride queue and there would be an announcement about them disinfecting the ride vehicles. It seemed to be about once and hour.

j

I think this is a risk most of us understand. As many of the comments noted, eating indoors with masks off and reduced air flow is proving to be one of the biggest transmission methods. I hope the OP on the other post recovers, but everyone should understand the risks of going to a theme park with thousands of people right now. Social distancing (which was hit or miss when we were there in October), disinfecting surfaces and enforcing masks are only "mitigation" strategies, not elimination strategies.

As for the many comments about no one seeing Disney wipe down rides, during our October trip, we frequently were in a stopped ride queue and there would be an announcement about them disinfecting the ride vehicles. It seemed to be about once and hour.

j

When we rode Splash Mountian in October they were spraying the boats as you would come back, then they would send that boat out empty. So they were cycling the sanitizing process. Yes we heard the announcement on Expedition Everest that they shut down to clean. So when we were there, they were trying.
Again, as Teamubr mentioned, limited airflow inside is a huge factor.

So for what it's worth, I check our stats every day, and this is simply another thought. The OP states they live in Tampa. That county has been hit pretty hard with positive tests. This person could be just a member of the Hillsborough County COVID number and it might not be a Disney issue at all.

This person could be just a member of the Hillsborough County COVID number and it might not be a Disney issue at all.
Quite possible. Without detailed contact tracing (unlikely given a Disney trip), they will never know. Missouri's positivity rate is so high (over 24% until this week), the health director said if you visited family for Thanksgiving, assume you were exposed.

j

Quite possible. Without detailed contact tracing (unlikely given a Disney trip), they will never know. Missouri's positivity rate is so high (over 24% until this week), the health director said if you visited family for Thanksgiving, assume you were exposed.

j
But we are now two weeks past thanksgiving so if you were exposed then aren’t you clear now?

But we are now two weeks past thanksgiving so if you were exposed then aren’t you clear now?
Not necessarily Kris. The spread starts slow and picks up as more friends of friends of friends start spreading. Here's an article from last week discussing this.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/07/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html

This is the current 7 day rolling new cases in the US. It's still on an exponential rise. A few states are starting to show this easing up, but we don't know if it is temporary (like the blip in mid-November) or a real trend. Everyone doing the things we have been asking since March (masks/distancing) would help.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/new-cases

j

I went ahead and agreed to take vaccine today. Since I work ED still it meant when the shots available I qualified as one of the first to get it.

I agree, at this point it would be difficult to pinpoint an infection time or place unless you directly knew you were around someone sick.

For an eye roller, today in my neurology clinic one of my patients asked me about her feeling achy all over and having runny nose. It effectively meant my clinic was shut down for remainder of day once the infection control folks got involved.

For an eye roller, today in my neurology clinic one of my patients asked me about her feeling achy all over and having runny nose. It effectively meant my clinic was shut down for remainder of day once the infection control folks got involved.
For what is more likely a cold or allergies.

j

giphy.gif

"the way you people are reacting around here, it's like there is a pandemic going on or something!"

Supposed to get my first vaccine shot today. I've managed to not get Rona while taking care of the patients in the ED, but sooner or later lucks bound to run out. In my case, if I did get it, I'd likely come out of it just fine. However, I have parents both with significant risk factors that I have to take care of. Also, my patients in my neurology clinic just about all have underlying risk factors and I don't want any of them at risk from me. Some folks are hesitant about getting it, and I understand that. I always avoided the flu vaccine each year until this year, the hospital made it mandatory to get flu shot. I didn't put up a fuss.

If I grow any 3rd arms or anything I'll let you guys know.

@tiggerdad Any super powers? Can you feel the force? Do you all the sudden tune into Radio Disney or the Disney transportation dispatch radio?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter