• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Savi's Question

bookgirl

DIS Veteran
I have an appointment at Savi's to build a lightsaber.

I figured I'd just get it shipped home (flying with carryon)

But, I'm second guessing myself now.

I will probably display it but I don't really care about the actual saber part. I would be more likely to have just the hand grip on display. Can the extension be easily removed?

Also, I'm now a bit torn on whether I should just buy a Legacy one since they seem to be just the handle, but then again I really kind of want to do the experience.

Any thoughts from those who have done either or both?

They give you a fantastic carry case and we were able to take ours home as a carry on with no issue. Looks like a fishing rod case

Have you left the saber part on?

I usually travel with a backpack and a suitcase so the lightsaber would be one item too many. Though I could just check the suitcase on the way home. My home airport is small and baggage claim is simple.

We did. I think you could easily stick it in your backpack with part poking out with no airline issue. We saw no one questioned and have done this with southwest and United.

You can carry the saber in the shoulder bag while wearing a backpack. It was too bad that way. We were able to put it in the overhead bin no problem.

The experience is really cool. Very memorable.

The blade part easily removes from the handle. I made one a few years ago and I shipped the blade and case home and carried the handle with me in my suitcase. I put the handle part on a display stand and keep the blade and case in the closet.

The experience was pretty great, we shipped ours home with no issues.
Worth it to not deal with carrying it all over the park, and the trip home.
They will send you to the droid depot store to ship it.

We actually ship most of our purchases in the park now.
So much easier.

Hold the hilt, push the saber part down and turn right and it’ll come right out. We shipped ours because lugging that around just seems unnecessary. Cost. $17 and it arrived in 5 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter