Savi's Price Increase

I attached an image of where the price is mentioned on the original confirmation email. It's toward the bottom of the email.
Heh, I guess they were ready for the price increase & guest unhappiness... here's what my email said:

There is a one-day cancellation policy. You must cancel at least one day prior to your reservation to avoid a per builder cancellation fee. If you fail to timely cancel and are a “no-show,” the credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged the full price per builder.

Before you visit, please review important updates for experiences at Walt Disney World Resort.

Heh, I guess they were ready for the price increase & guest unhappiness... here's what my email said:

There is a one-day cancellation policy. You must cancel at least one day prior to your reservation to avoid a per builder cancellation fee. If you fail to timely cancel and are a “no-show,” the credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged the full price per builder.

Before you visit, please review important updates for experiences at Walt Disney World Resort.
Sneaky Mouse! Now they don't have to update their email whenever they decide to increase the price.....

IKR?! -shakes tiny fist-
I received a phone call from a wonderful Cast Member today and she confirmed that since we had the reservation prior to 4/19/21, we would be grandfathered into the original price. She said anyone who booked 4/19 and on, would pay the new price. I'm sorry you missed this by a matter of hours :(

I received a phone call from a wonderful Cast Member today and she confirmed that since we had the reservation prior to 4/19/21, we would be grandfathered into the original price. She said anyone who booked 4/19 and on, would pay the new price. I'm sorry you missed this by a matter of hours :(
I hope this works for you, but I've seen reports from various groups that they are NOT honoring the old price regardless of when the reservation was made. Quoting this post as an example:

We showed up tonight to make ours and we got charged the price increase even though we had made our reservation weeks ago. We were told they are not “grandfathering” people in on the difference in price. :(

Friendly reminder to follow DIS guidelines when posting.

DISBoards.com Guidelines

Click Here

Posts and posters are expected to comply with these guidelines at all times.

You may disagree with a poster’s viewpoint, and discuss the issue, but no name calling, being sarcastic or personal attacks.

It is often good advice if you see a thread or post which your are unhappy with to walk away and give yourself a time out. Alternatively use the report post button which will alert all the moderators and the webmasters to any post, where appropriate action if necessary will be taken. If you add a comment yourself you may also face infractions as per the guidelines.

Let me say, I'm not a Star Wars fan, but my significant other did it. I went with as the "extra" and took pictures and videos. If you can swing it, it is worth it. It's a show as much as the light saber build. Sorry to hear it is more.

Friendly reminder to follow DIS guidelines when posting.

DISBoards.com Guidelines

Click Here

Posts and posters are expected to comply with these guidelines at all times.

You may disagree with a poster’s viewpoint, and discuss the issue, but no name calling, being sarcastic or personal attacks.

It is often good advice if you see a thread or post which your are unhappy with to walk away and give yourself a time out. Alternatively use the report post button which will alert all the moderators and the webmasters to any post, where appropriate action if necessary will be taken. If you add a comment yourself you may also face infractions as per the guidelines.
Thank you for monitoring this thread. I appreciate it.

Let me say, I'm not a Star Wars fan, but my significant other did it. I went with as the "extra" and took pictures and videos. If you can swing it, it is worth it. It's a show as much as the light saber build. Sorry to hear it is more.
That's great to hear! I have avoided spoilers for myself and the kids, so we can really enjoy the experience.

That's great to hear! I have avoided spoilers for myself and the kids, so we can really enjoy the experience.
I was really careful about avoiding spoilers as well and I think it really enhanced it. DD17 was my observer and she enjoyed it so much she wanted her own build, hence the reservation for our June trip.

As far as value...
We were trying to decide between the $100 Droid or $200 lightsaber build. The droid looked ok but the whole lightsaber experience seemed really cool. We figured at those prices may as well book what we would love, not just like.

I did not go in but DH and DS17 went in and built a lightsaber. They came out looking like 2 little boys with ear to ear grins and said the whole experience was phenomenal.

We try not to waste money at WDW because it’s so easy to do. This one felt worth it.

Yea that's my dilemma right now ha. As of now I just booked a droid reservation as it's 100 bucks cheaper than building a lightsaber. Plus Disney showing off those realistic lightsabers on May the 4th for the Star Wars hotel opening next year, I feel I should save the money and buy that one as I plan to come back to Disney World fall 2022. I know Disney hasn't said they were going to sell the more realistic lightsabers, but they would be crazy NOT too. Though I know the price is gonna be expensive (my guess is maybe like 400 and above).

Update: we went to Savi's for our reservation, picked out the styles then went to pay. They DID NOT honor the original price even though I received a call from a CM confirming that they would. We paid the new price and later in the day went to Guest Services. They gave my kids a gift card for the amount of the increase. We did have to argue a bit to get it though.

Update: we went to Savi's for our reservation, picked out the styles then went to pay. They DID NOT honor the original price even though I received a call from a CM confirming that they would. We paid the new price and later in the day went to Guest Services. They gave my kids a gift card for the amount of the increase. We did have to argue a bit to get it though.

Made our reservations months ago, built ours on April 22nd and they charged the price increase. Oh well...still an amazing experience my daughter and I will never forget. Our next trip is mid July I’m on the fence about doing it again. I’ll definitely make the reservation then go from there.

While your point is valid (what's an extra $20, if you were already ready to pay $200), it's just the optics that bother me. A 10% price increase. These are the ones you hear about, but I have no doubt they are quietly raising prices on other things all throughout the complex. Meanwhile, the hours are still shorter, there is no FP, there are no fireworks, meet and greets, restaurants are still closed, MDE was canceled....

Maybe get the place back to running the way their old pricing reflected. Then jack up the prices.

as a kid, we were never allowed to buy souvenirs in the park. We were taught that the admission was a special treat enough.

We have passed on that to our
Kids. WDW is expensive enough. $200 for a toy you won’t play with in 6 months is an unnecessary extravagance.

So I went again and booked a lightsaber reservation for my last night in the parks on my trip (it's in the evening). I also have a droid reservation that Saturday. I definitely won't be buying BOTH a droid and lightsaber. I just have the reservations until I can make up my mind on which one I am going to get. Tough decision ahead ha.

as a kid, we were never allowed to buy souvenirs in the park. We were taught that the admission was a special treat enough.

Kids. WDW is expensive enough. $200 for a toy you won’t play with in 6 months is an unnecessary extravagance.

While I don't have kids ( I am 33 now) and growing up my parents couldn't afford to take me to Disney World as a kid. But I still had a fantastic child hood and great Christmas, Birthdays etc. I didn't visit Disney World until I was 27 years old. I feel that it should be up to the parent on if a souvenir is worth it. I mean Disney is expensive but a souvenir from the parks I think is worth it for a kid. Maybe not a 200 dollar one, but a stuffed Mickey or something.

But to your point, I am a huge Star Wars fan and even I am struggling with paying 220 for a lightsaber. As cool as the experience and the lightsaber seems to be, it still a hard sell for me. I know it will probably collect dust a week or two after returning from Disney with it and won't get messed with until maybe I attend a comic con or something. So I am debating between a droid and Lightsaber currently. But we shouldn't knock anyone that does buy a Saber. It is pretty cool after all.

Last edited:
I got one when we went in February, as did my son. (You can probably tell some of that already just by looking at my profile pic.) It's expensive. No getting around that. That being said, the ceremony and the experience of building a lightsaber is well worth it. I usually keep my emotions pretty close to my vest. I got emotional more than once. If you're not into Star Wars, it might not be for you, but for the Star Wars fan, it's mecca.

I completely understand that point of view. But everyone has different priorities, financial situations, interests, etc. It certainly might be an unnecessary extravagance for you, but that does not make it so for everyone. For me, I the experience of building the lightsaber and having a lasting souvenir to remember from my trip is a better use of $220 than spending $30 for a t-shirt I might wear 3 or 4 times and end up donating to Goodwill.

To each their own...

$200 for a toy you won’t play with in 6 months is an unnecessary extravagance.
Eh...one could argue that the whole trip to WDW is an unnecessary extravagance. We can afford to go and we can afford to buy souvenirs....so we do. My kids have their lightsabers displayed in their bedrooms and have fond memories of building them, so IMO the experience was well worth the cost.

Thank you for your update and letting us know what happened on your visit. Did you show them your confirmation where it states the price of $199?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter