Savanna View 2BR - Jambo or Kidani?

jenbierling

Earning My Ears
We are planning to book a 2BR Savanna view, but wanted to understand the main differences and any recommendations of Kidani vs. Jambo? Most important for us is the animal viewing, with resort amenities/restaurants/pool proximity/etc secondary. Thoughts and advice?

thank you!

I have only stayed at Kidani, but we found the shuttle between the two places very easy. It was always available. You could also walk. So, for that issue, I would say there was no difference as we had access to all amenities. I would look at floorplans to see if there is anything subtle between resorts. I'm sure others can expand.

We would stay at Kidani due to the 3rd full bathroom in the 2BR villas, which are not found in Jambo. And also due to the odd arrangement of the master bathroom, which is not an en-suite but instead is across a hallway that can clearly be seen from the living room and furthermore has only a tub shower with a very high, very wide rim that makes it extremely difficult for even adults of normal height to enter and exit the tub.

That said, the biggest downside to Kidani is the length of the hallways. If you’re at the far end of the wing, you’re literally a third of a mile from the lobby. It’s a very long walk, especially after a long day in the parks! If you have a car, that isn’t as serious a problem, because you park under the building and can park near the elevator closest to your villa. If no car, the trick is to request to be near one of the elevators on either side of the lobby - but right now I can’t find the map to tell you what the names of those elevators are! :scared:

Jambo is only lock-off units, you don't get 2 real beds in the 2nd bedroom. The master bath as also a big let down compared to Kadani.

We almost always do Kidani for the 3rd bathroom. I also have 3 daughters so they fight less when they have the extra space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter