• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saratoga Springs -itching to make an offer

I'm back after 7years away from the Disboards! UPDATE:

I would up buying SSR for about $47 per 365pts per year in 2012. I found a super Disney gal that loves Disney even more than me to remarry and she came with 2 girls, so the trips sometimes involved +4 kids or a mix of kids and friends.

Living in SoCal, I've used the points at various VGC --> what you all said was so TRUE, very hard to book, but we got a lot of stays there. Have even been in the 3bdrm twice. Many studios,1 & 2 bedrooms for the weekend. Kids have celebrated their birthdays with their friends during those years.

We've been to Aulani twice. 1 time we were able to book continuous stay, 1 time we had to change rooms. Probably Summer Aulani 2020 is our usage next year.

We've been to WDW a few times over the years, have stayed at BayLake (possibly the nicest 2 bdrm ever! & studio :), finally stayed at SSR (2 bdrm on our latest trip, so I finally visited my home for the 1st time, It was nice), have also stayed at Wilderness Lodge, Old Key West, & Animal Lodge.

Still on our list to try: GF, Poly, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Riviera, Vero Beach, Hilton Head.

We've been to a handful of the Moonlight Magic events in both CA and FL, not all because life is busy or the old method server would crash on us LOL.

=================================
Best decision ever to get DVC Resale back in 2012!

...1 year, we were out of points, so stayed in a timeshare presenting Westgate in Orlando, got Universal 1 park tickets to see Harry Potter land, but we said never again in a Westgate in FL!

Just a heads up, as a recent buyer (year ago)... it has been very difficult to get reservations other than home resort. More than we thought it would be.

Just a heads up for you SSR has just started a refurb, not as much color as before but most think it is much nicer. There are some pics out there. People are staying in the first rooms.

I'm back after 7years away from the Disboards! UPDATE:

I would up buying SSR for about $47 per 365pts per year in 2012. I found a super Disney gal that loves Disney even more than me to remarry and she came with 2 girls, so the trips sometimes involved +4 kids or a mix of kids and friends.

Living in SoCal, I've used the points at various VGC --> what you all said was so TRUE, very hard to book, but we got a lot of stays there. Have even been in the 3bdrm twice. Many studios,1 & 2 bedrooms for the weekend. Kids have celebrated their birthdays with their friends during those years.

We've been to Aulani twice. 1 time we were able to book continuous stay, 1 time we had to change rooms. Probably Summer Aulani 2020 is our usage next year.

We've been to WDW a few times over the years, have stayed at BayLake (possibly the nicest 2 bdrm ever! & studio :), finally stayed at SSR (2 bdrm on our latest trip, so I finally visited my home for the 1st time, It was nice), have also stayed at Wilderness Lodge, Old Key West, & Animal Lodge.

Still on our list to try: GF, Poly, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Riviera, Vero Beach, Hilton Head.

We've been to a handful of the Moonlight Magic events in both CA and FL, not all because life is busy or the old method server would crash on us LOL.

Best decision ever to get DVC Resale back in 2012!

...1 year, we were out of points, so stayed in a timeshare presenting Westgate in Orlando, got Universal 1 park tickets to see Harry Potter land, but we said never again in a Westgate in FL!
Wow! Thanks for the update! :)

Another west coast resale buyer here. Our strategy is what you've explained -- we are buying a loaded 220 point contract that we intend to use every other year or so. We have 440 pts coming in Feb 2020, and we intend to do our first DVC trip to Aulani in the fall 2020 (dates open / hoping for 2 bed in Sept). I don't have hopes to use our pts at DL, we prefer WDW.

We are open to whatever we can get in WDW. We have stayed in CCV and BC, and just thrilled to be on property. I know that for me, the roulette of figuring out where we will be will be the fun part - and with the SSR refurb and tree houses (my 3 girls are dying to stay in a tree house), we will be happy at SSR if that's where we end up. And we saved $15K buying resale - sweet!

However, if you are the kind of person that likes to go back to the one single resort every time and nothing else will compare, maybe not the right strategy for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter