Saratoga Room Recommendations?

My parents are staying at Saratoga (standard room) for our upcoming trip. They typically prefer resorts that have easier park access, but they decided kind of last minute to come along with us (we're staying elsewhere), and Saratoga was what was available. It's been a rough couple of years health-wise for them and they've had to cancel so many vacations that the fact that they committed to this is a really big deal. So I really want them to have a great time and I really want them to get the best possible experience out of their resort.

I am looking at the map and wondering which of the buildings would have the best options for a standard room. If staying at Saratoga, would you prefer to be closer to the lobby? Closer to the DS walkway? Are certain sections "better" than others? I'm planning to make a room request on their behalf via TP (I've had generally good luck with this in the past), but I've never stayed there and know nothing about the resort (other than it looks beautiful and has the walkway to DS).

I would try to get one of the "standard view" buildings that is close to a bus stop. That way they can easily access the bus to get to a park or another part of SSR. I just got back from a short trip where I was in the Paddock and was close to that bus stop. When I wanted to go to DS, I would hop on the first bus that came by and took that to the Congress Park bus stop and got off there and walked to DS. There is a bus that goes to DS, but I was OK with the walk from Congress Park.

If booking standard we historically always requested the Paddock building that is closest to Congress Park for the ease of walking to Disney Springs. HOWEVER, last month we got a room in the Grandstand building that is right behind the main check-in building/vehicle drop off area, next to the Grandstand pool/Backstretch Pool Bar. It was great. We could get to the main buildings and the Springs bus stop in just a few minutes and it was a short walk to where the boat picks up for Disney Springs. Might be my new building request for standard going forward.

I prefer Paddock. Look at a map for the Paddock buildings either nearest bus or the pool, depending on how your aprents roll. The pool bar is super.

We like the Paddock because it's the closest to the DS walkway in standard, and also have lakeviews. We were in a 1-bedroom, villa 6625. Even though I don't love SSR as a whole, I loved this view! I had my coffee and light breakfast out here every morning!😍

I had the wrong building # in my request and when I got my room assignment at 830am (online check-in), they gave us Carousel! I called their front desk and the CM was so nice about it. Then sorted out for us very quickly, and was still able to give us a villa that I requested! (Paddock 65-68, lakeview)

20230306_151432.jpg

We like the Paddock because it's the closest to the DS walkway in standard, and also have lakeviews. We were in a 1-bedroom, villa 6625. Even though I don't love SSR as a whole, I loved this view! I had my coffee and light breakfast out here every morning!😍

I had the wrong building # in my request and when I got my room assignment at 830am (online check-in), they gave us Carousel! I called their front desk and the CM was so nice about it. Then sorted out for us very quickly, and was still able to give us a villa that I requested! (Paddock 65-68, lakeview)

View attachment 764695

This is beautiful. I've been kind of torn because I know they really enjoy a nice view, but I also think they'd value the convenience of being close to everything, especially with some of the mobility issues my dad faces sometimes. I might just have to sit down with them with a resort map and see what they think.

This is beautiful. I've been kind of torn because I know they really enjoy a nice view, but I also think they'd value the convenience of being close to everything, especially with some of the mobility issues my dad faces sometimes. I might just have to sit down with them with a resort map and see what they think.
Well, the Grandstand section is surrounded by the golf course, so many of those villas have very nice views!

I usually request "Paddock, close to Disney Springs." It's a very quick walk. It is also the 3rd of 5 bus stops, so rarely any problems with overcrowding.

I don't have a great desire to be near the Carriage House / Artist's Palette. If others do, that could tilt things in the favor of Grandstand.

We always request Grandstand, mostly due to it being the first bus stop, that way I get a seat in the bus. By the second stop or so in the morning it is standing room only. I have mobility issues too.

Totally understandable! I was going to say that, since they are elderly, their needs might be very different than ours. If they want to be closer to Carriage house and everything else, Grandstand 86-88 might be better for them?

Can I piggyback onto this thread?

Is it possible to request a certain building (or two) in Paddock and also request a water view?

I prefer Grandstand. First stop on the bus loop so you can get a seat, and first stop coming back so you don't have to go through the whole resort at night half asleep. It also has it's own pool and a special walking path to the west side of Disney Springs.

I prefer Grandstand. First stop on the bus loop so you can get a seat, and first stop coming back so you don't have to go through the whole resort at night half asleep. It also has it's own pool and a special walking path to the west side of Disney Springs.

Is Grandstand standard or preferred? That sounds nice.

Can I piggyback onto this thread?

Is it possible to request a certain building (or two) in Paddock and also request a water view?
Sure! That's when it's really nice to be able to chat or email MS via the member website. I'd be clear about the priority of your requests, e.g. "Our #1 request is for Paddock, #2 is for building xxxx or yyyy, and #3 is for a water view" but you can submit as many as you want (understanding that they're all just requests, may or may not be granted, and the more you ask for, the less likely you'll get it all).

PS Grandstand is the first bus stop, Carousel is the second, but the Carousel bus stop is directly in front of Paddock building 4501.

We just got back from our first stay at SSR. We lucked out with room #8101. It was a corner room (standard, studio) looking at the golf course. 3 minute walk to the bus stop and 8-10 minutes to the main building. We loved it and will request that room again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter