SandraC ºoº Day One ~ Getting there ~ to the beach!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
HI! So after 400 days of planning we FINALLY arrived!

We flow Air Transat from Toronto to Orlando at 8:00 am ~ the flight went great and the kids where fabulous! It was the second time dd enjoyed a WDW trip and the first for ds (15 months old).

We left on time, arrived early, rented our car, upgraded to a FABULOUS FORD FAMILY-MOBILE ~ Ford Explorer ~ we called it ED, because the letter's "ED" appeared on the licence plate!

Long drive to Daytona because it was a Friday afternoon and lots of traffic, but I figured that and sat back and enjoyed the palm trees!

We arrived in Daytona Beach about 3 pm and checked into the Howard Johnson's Oceanfront for one night. I just HAD to see the beach and sunrise!

HoJo's staff was as great as WDW! I had been having terrible trouble with my travel agent and HoJo's staff straightened EVERYTHING out! One of the MANY problems with our TA was they didn't request ANYTHING I asked including CRIBS AND FRIDGES! HoJo's BOUGHT a new port-a-crib for MY BABY! I called them the night before and explained the TA trouble and they were so helpful! I give there service 5 STARS! dd got all sorts of colouring books and crayons and puzzles while ds got tons of baby attention!

The rooms were pretty good with a great view of the ocean (Howard Johnson's OCEANFRONT). We paid $94.00 CDN ($58.00 USF). Considering we had oceanfront that price was great. The room itself was a bit old but very clean! It had an efficiency and was BIG! There were two swimming pools in the front of the hotel and a hot tub for ME. The pool were chilly but the weather was beautiful 80º + all week (except one day it was about 75º). We ate at Shoney's. There was a Pulbix right across the street and we bought our groceries for the trip, very convenient!

The next day we watched the sunrise over the beautiful Atlantic Ocean ~ ate breakfast in the room and OFF TO WDW! MORE TO COME.........

ºoº

looking forward to reading more about your trip! Welcome back. Pamela

Sounds like your trip got off to a good start, Sandra. So glad that the hotel straightened out any confusions with the crib etc. :D Can't wait to read the rest of your trip report. :cool:

Sounds like you were off to a good start- i'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

Grover in Winnipeg :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

It's great to hear 'good service' stories like yours (re: your crib problem). Things like that certainly make your trip so much more memorable. Have a rest and get back to your trip report a soon as you can.LOL
Canadave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter