Sam's Club has buy $100 Disney gift card, get $10 one free

Can someone let me know where they can be used at the parks.. I am late to the game and will be cruising on the Dream, however my cruise is paid for..Can I use them at all the places to eat including CS and Signature at WDW? Also can I use them to shop at the WDW parks? Just trying to buy enough to get us thru the 10 days and do not want to buy what we can not use...Thanks

Can someone let me know where they can be used at the parks.. I am late to the game and will be cruising on the Dream, however my cruise is paid for..Can I use them at all the places to eat including CS and Signature at WDW? Also can I use them to shop at the WDW parks? Just trying to buy enough to get us thru the 10 days and do not want to buy what we can not use...Thanks

They can be used anywhere that takes Disney GCs. I am buying a bunch to apply to my on board account for excursions.

Well, I know it's not as good as a return, but I buy my gift cards at Kroger. For every $100 in Gift cards, I get 20 cents off a gallon of gas at a Kroger gas station, up to $1.00 off a gallon. Also, Kroger allows you to use a credit card to purchase these gift cards, so you can use a reward card and get points as well.

Since I don't have a Disney Store near me (different rant), I prefer this as it is nice to buy gas for only $2.49 when everywhere it's $3.49.

Did this for my recent trip to WDW and now doing this for DCL for next year.

I tried to buy some today, only to get to Sam's 10 minutes into a power outage at the store, tried again 1/2 hour later. Still out. So maybe tomorrow. I am running out of days! SUNDAY:cool1:

You guys are the BEST!!!! When I saw this tip rise to the top of the boards a few days ago, I called my local Sam's Club. They said they had a few cards left so I grabbed my mother in law (who has a membership) and went over. They had 70 or so cards left if you can believe it!

So long story short, I am now the proud owner of 45 gift cards! Saved a few bucks off the cost w/ the discount upon buying and how have $450 to spend on souveniers, birthday presents, holidays, etc. Payin' off the cruise - whoo hooo!!!

While I'm excited, my travel agent is being very helpful but less than thrilled. I have been on the phone w/ her for about an hour now trying to get all my cards loaded - poor thing!

Thanks everyone!
Steph

You guys are the BEST!!!! When I saw this tip rise to the top of the boards a few days ago, I called my local Sam's Club. They said they had a few cards left so I grabbed my mother in law (who has a membership) and went over. They had 70 or so cards left if you can believe it!

So long story short, I am now the proud owner of 45 gift cards! Saved a few bucks off the cost w/ the discount upon buying and how have $450 to spend on souveniers, birthday presents, holidays, etc. Payin' off the cruise - whoo hooo!!!

While I'm excited, my travel agent is being very helpful but less than thrilled. I have been on the phone w/ her for about an hour now trying to get all my cards loaded - poor thing!

Thanks everyone!
Steph

Wait till you have to call Disney Shopping to use them...the girl I got was really nice to take like 33 card numbers :rotfl2:

Hi,
Please clarify for me - may I use gift cards to book a cruise (for deposit)? If using to pay the balance of DCL booking, is this done with a phone call? Can it be done online, or through a travel agent? Once onboard, may the cards be used to pay off the onboard charges? How long are the cards valid, before expiring?
Thanks!

Hi,
Please clarify for me - may I use gift cards to book a cruise (for deposit)? If using to pay the balance of DCL booking, is this done with a phone call? Can it be done online, or through a travel agent? Once onboard, may the cards be used to pay off the onboard charges? How long are the cards valid, before expiring?
Thanks!

As for paying your deposit: if you are using a TA, they have to call the numbers in to Disney. If you booked thru Disney you can call the cards in or do it online.

Once on board, you can apply them to your room charges, I personally am carrying on about $4000 worth of the cards for our Alaska trip.

They are good forever, unless your state has different laws with gift cards.

ive seen a couple of people posting about purchasing these gift cards with a walmart gift card paid for with their Disney visa. great idea - but one question, why wouldnt i just use my Disney visa to buy the Disney gift cards at Sams? do not all Sams clubs accept visa - mine does?

just checking before i go out this weekend to wipe out my sams club's supply. :)

Our Sams only accepts MasterCard, so the tip to buy the WalMart GC with my Disnye Visa, then pay for my Sams purchase with those was Great!! Getting the extra rewards points now!
On another note, where besides online can you use the shopping cards?

ive seen a couple of people posting about purchasing these gift cards with a walmart gift card paid for with their Disney visa. great idea - but one question, why wouldnt i just use my Disney visa to buy the Disney gift cards at Sams? do not all Sams clubs accept visa - mine does?

just checking before i go out this weekend to wipe out my sams club's supply. :)
My Sams doesn't accept Visa either...I figured they were all that way. The Sams gas station accepts it though. I don't know why it's this way but it's annoying. Still, it's better than when they only accepted cash and Discover card.

Can the main gift cards be used at the World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney? I know the 'bonus' $10 card won't work but wanted to find out for certain if the $100 ones could be used as payment...

Can the main gift cards be used at the World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney? I know the 'bonus' $10 card won't work but wanted to find out for certain if the $100 ones could be used as payment...

Yes, the main $100 cards can be used at World of Disney in DTD.

My local Sam's has been out of Disney GCs for months. Really, hoping more come in soon.

I just bought up the last gift cards at our Sam's club for my next trip. And I'm using the $210.00 in bonus cards from those and my last two trips at the new Disney Store in Time Square over Memorial and Labor day weekends. I sure hope that they get more in. I find it easier to carry the giftcards in the park than all that cash.

Nancy princess:

Just bought my cards tonight!!! We're not staying on site, doing other Orlando stuff this trip - but we're eating at O'Hana for the 4th of July so I picked up some for that meal. Also an extra for my souvenir shopping at DTD. Yeah!!! We leave in about 3 weeks, oh my goodness!!! :banana:

I got the same deal. A $20.00 gift card when I joined but they came to my work. It was a red headed Polish girl. She was good looking to. This Sams Club must only hire good looking girls. I though it was a good deal. It was really only $20.00 to join. Not bad. I think its only the Sams Club in long beach that had this deal. :rotfl2:

Are these old cards, or are they restocking? Our Club has been out since earlier this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter