Sales/Good Deals for Things You Need on a Disney Trip

Has anyone found a good lanyard to carry our tickets and fast passes in? I would like to get them before we go and have not really found anything.

Love the water bottles. And I think I may have to see whats at my Walgreens too! gotta love the "budget" board always costing me money!

Has anyone found a good lanyard to carry our tickets and fast passes in? I would like to get them before we go and have not really found anything.

We just nixed the lanyard idea because they are kind of a pain. When you lean over, they swing around, and it's so hot that the last thing we wanted was something else hanging on us and another strap around our neck ;)

What we did last time that worked great was a tip we got here on the DIS. We bought the carabiners that have the retractable string and then we bought plastic ID card holders and attached them to the carabiner. We then attached the carabiner into a section of our backpack and when it was time to get out our cards for EMH or to enter the park we could just pull on the plastic pouch, get out the card, put it back in and release the pull string back into the bag. It was GREAT for EMH now that you have to show your card at each ride. We could just pull the string, show the ID, and then let it go back into the bag. I hope I'm explaining this properly :)

These are the carabiners (office max had packs with multiple colors so we could keep everyone's separate)
http://www.amazon.com/Carabiner-Retractable-Key-ID-Badge-Holder-Individually/dp/B001OVDGFK

Love the water bottles. And I think I may have to see whats at my Walgreens too! gotta love the "budget" board always costing me money!
I like the idea SRUalum posted but we got lanyards at Michaels for $1 - they had cars, toy story, princesses and fairies!

I was also in hobby lobby and they have standard lanyards that are just colored string and badge holders.

I went looking for the light up spinners but couldn't find them either.

I did get glo-sticks and glo-wands/necklace/bracelets from Dollar Tree and finally found the 2 gallon "ziploc" bags to put our clothes in each day.

Also, Dollar Tree had Disney Princess/Fairies/Cars brown lunch bags and sandwich size 'ziploc' bags. I picked up a few to use for snacks and surprises on the way down/while at Disney to just add that extra special magic!:goodvibes

If you have a Pick 'N Save/Copp's near you they have Banana Boat sunscreen on sale for BOGO.

*2 bottles of the 30 SPF spray for $9.99 and my $1 off coupon (doubled- of course because I went on double coupon day) for a total of $7.99 ---that's less than half price per can!

Five and Below has multiple Toy Story 3 games and puzzles already. They also had glow bracelets and necklaces, sunscreen Banana boat maybe $5, tons of princess and fairies books, pens, stationary stuff, etc.

kmart online has many travel type games in its clearance section.
Learning shop has design you own (white cover) 50 page journals marked down to $3

I bought a ziplock ID case on Ebay last year and had it hanging from my lanyard. When it got hot, I just stuck it in my backpack. I kept out photopass card in it. A ziplock was important since the year before I had lost one on a ride with a regular plastic case. (which is why you should ALWAYS take a picture of the card number or send yourself a text with it!)

My room key I kept in a small velcro wallet in my back pocket.

You've probably been there and back already... I went to the store. Don't know about the outlet.

I went to the store too, but I heard others in the store saying the outlet did it as well. Had no idea they were opening at 7:00!!! I ran out right after I saw your post and they were SOLD OUT. Was there no limit? I got lucky after being in the store for about 20 minutes, a person who worked there had rounded up some she found lying around the store and I got 2 plain white ones. It actually works great because I was looking for plain white cheap tanks to iron designs onto from the Creative DISigns board! :thumbsup2

I went to the store too, but I heard others in the store saying the outlet did it as well. Had no idea they were opening at 7:00!!! I ran out right after I saw your post and they were SOLD OUT. Was there no limit? I got lucky after being in the store for about 20 minutes, a person who worked there had rounded up some she found lying around the store and I got 2 plain white ones. It actually works great because I was looking for plain white cheap tanks to iron designs onto from the Creative DISigns board! :thumbsup2

the ON here was pretty much wiped out of women's sizes before 10am. I did grab one for my DD ... I was actually more interested in the $8 swim trunks for DH and DS. LOL.

and there was a limit of 5.

went to the dollar tree and found glow necklaces. One pack contained two necklaces and two bracelets and four connectors. Only 1$

then a package of 5 bracelets was $1

they also had pixie zip lock bags.

I found, in Walmart for about $5 a mini misting fan. It's on a keychain (not really, one of those things mountain climbers use...carribiener). It holds only a little water, and 1 battery, but it will be A LOT easier/compact to carry around if needed.

Target's Dollar Spot had some marker/activity set with TS and Cars which will be good for the plane ride.

I hear SOME Walmarts have the Purex sheets on sale for $2 or 3, and if you request a sample from Purex, it comes with a coupon.

I FINALLY found the carabiner mini misting fans at Wal-Mart today! ($4) :cool1: They were on some random end shelf that had nothing else but a tiny box of these, and then the regular mini fans without misters. They were in the paint section :confused3

I plan on getting a foam lap desk from One Step Ahead for my daughter on the 10+ hour drive to Disney. I also found it for a tad bit cheaper on Amazon since we have Prime.

Due to the release of Toy Story 3, Wal-Mart was putting out a HUGE aisle of Toy Story toys and summer water things on Thursday :goodvibes

I was in Five Below yesterday and they had disposable waterproof Cameras for $5! These would be great for the water parks and certain rides (like the water one in AK)!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter