salad -- a bowl or a plate

Another bowl. But not always. If I'm at someone else's house and they don't have a bowl handy, I'll make room on my plate for the salad. But I don't at salads very often.

You know, I feel so much better now. :teeth:

I love this thread!!!! I thought I was a freak for not mixing my foods. Seems its pretty common.

Same dish for my entire family... well, each one of us has our own plate that we use for hot foods and salad. I don't worry about sogging up anything else with salad dressing though, because I always dress the salad in a bowl before serving it. The dressing is always right on it that way. There's never too much on one piece of lettuce and none on another.

Aside from that, I love when the different flavors meld together on my plate. It makes everything so much better. Mmm.. gravy on salad!

I have never heard of anyone eating salad on the same plate as the rest of their "hot food," although, unlike DH who likes his salad first - before the meal, I prefer mine at the same time, but never on the same plate. YUCK! (IMHO)

Seperate bowl for me...also DH....he hates to have his food touching!

:bounce::wave::bounce:

I don't care if it is a bowl or a plate, but it HAS to be seperate from the other food!:eek:

Another one who uses a separate bowl or plate for salad.

While I enjoy the different flavors of my meal, I do not want them all mixed up into some mush on my plate. ewwww. They can touch but they can't commingle.

You all realize that the food comingles in your stomach anyway, right? I have a cousin (an MD, nonetheless) that has himself convinced that he has separate pockets in his stomach for mashed potatoes, corn and chicken, etc. If he thought about the comingling of food once it's eaten, he says he'd never be able to eat. Nothing on his plate touches, either.

RUDisney - all food may co-mingle in your stomach - but there are no TASTEBUDS in your stomach!!! :teeth:
In my mouth - where there ARE tastebuds - I want one food at a time, thank you very much. ;)

Tell that to my stomach after a night of hot wings. My stomach keeps tasting and tasting and tasting the heat. ;)

Thanks for the answer. I could never figure that one out myself, and my cousin's reasoning sure didn't make anything clearer to me. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter