salad -- a bowl or a plate

cgcw

<font color=cc0099>On the blinkie Crocs foot-fetis
Okay, this is one of my pet peeves with DH. Tonight for dinner, we had hamburgers, french fries and ceasar salad. The kids and I put everything on the same plate, at the same time. DH will not have his salad on the same plate as his "hot food". So, he either puts it in a bowl or puts it on his plate after he's finished eating everything else. I've never known someone before DH that had such a problem combining the two. So, now I'm curious, what do you do??

Oops, ment to title this salad -- not salad....maybe someone can change that for me....please. Thanks.

Definitely separate plates. Not only for hot & cold, but for anything that could mix into something else. I dont mind my solid food touching, but once they mix together and the flavors mix, forget it! :rolleyes: ;) I eat everything separate, one thing at a time. For example I would have eaten all my salad, then my fries, then my burger.
Arent you glad Im not your kid? :D

I fixed your thread title. :)

I'd prefer it in a separate plate or bowl. That's how restaurants serve a salad, and we eat out a lot, so maybe that's where I get the preference.

I like it in a bowl so I can toss it around and soak it in dressing.

Definitely separate, but at the same time.

I like anything that can be messy, separate. I like cranberry sauce, applesauce, baked beans etc. in a little bowl on the side. :) I like my salad on the side so I can have dressing and not worry about it going all over my other food. :)

I've eaten my salad both ways, but I prefer a bowl. Like Kirk said, I like to toss the salad around to soak up the dressing.

I always have my salad in a separate bowl. The only time I put it on my plate is at a buffet or covered dish supper when there isn't a separate dish or plate to use.

Well, DH always tells me that I learn the most interesting things on the DIS. He'll be happy to know that I'm the odd man out and everyone has replied the exact opposite of what I would have guessed. I'll be keeping my mouth shut from now on about how he eats his salad. I wonder if he'll notice if the kids and I start using a bowl??;)

Yes, CamColt, I'm glad your not my kid. I'd have to try and hide a green bean or piece of corn into your meatloaf and then tease you because you ate it together!:eek:

I rarely eat a salad, but when I do I prefer it in a bowl. I do not like most of my foods to mix so if I can, I keep them separate :)

I have salad in a separate bowl but usually because I like a BIG salad (it's a salad...only BIGGER) {Seinfeld reference :p } so usually there won't be enough room on my dinner plate for the food AND all the salad :)

I used to eat them on the same plate... but DH likes it in a bowl... and I thought it was a good idea... so now we always have our salad in a seperate dish.

Camcolt...we would get along great!! I am the same way and no matter how hard I try to go from one food to the next I always end up eating one food at a time!! I do not like mixing my textures!!

In a bowl at our house too. :)

I am terrible at covered dish dinners and buffets. I only put a few things on my plate so that they do not touch. So therefore, I do not feel guilty (or piggy) about going back up to the table to get other things.

I am grossed out by those who return from the buffet/covered dish table with their plates piled high with a number of different foods. YUCK! :p

Count me as a seperate bowl person too...Not that it grosses me out or anything, it is just if it was me I would not want my hamburger to be soggy from salad dressing. Only time I put it on the plate it is at pot luck things when no bowls are available.

Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter