Sake's Alive! AKL Lite V!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staying there Mother's Day weekend this year. I loved Boma when I ate there in 2009. I'm debating trying Jiko this trip if I can squeeze it in.

I booked a pool view room to save money. I'll be hunting out a map of the Lodge to see where those might be located.

So in the spa, what is a European facial? I'm debating if it's something I want to try.

AKL newbie here...

Staying at AKL for the first time this June. DH & I were there to eat at Jiko, but the kids have never been.
We have to ask...what's a zebra dome taste like? :confused3 Since it's on the dessert table picture, and looks like a little mountain of goodness, we're darned curious (especially the 9 y.o. chocoholic!) I've heard people say they are a "don't miss" but have no idea what's in them.

...you hit the nail on the head - it's a little mountain of goodness! The GF ones aren't bad either! :thumbsup2

With how popular AKL is, I can. :laughing: I wouldn't mind staying there one day. It looks like a beautiful resort. :)

:thumbsup2 It really is a beautiful place.

I'm staying there Mother's Day weekend this year. I loved Boma when I ate there in 2009. I'm debating trying Jiko this trip if I can squeeze it in.

I booked a pool view room to save money. I'll be hunting out a map of the Lodge to see where those might be located.

So in the spa, what is a European facial? I'm debating if it's something I want to try.

:welcome: We had a pool view for our Studio and it was beautiful:goodvibes

Also last year there was a coupon for the spa at AKL. You might want to see if they have one again this year.

AKL newbie here...

Staying at AKL for the first time this June. DH & I were there to eat at Jiko, but the kids have never been.
We have to ask...what's a zebra dome taste like? :confused3 Since it's on the dessert table picture, and looks like a little mountain of goodness, we're darned curious (especially the 9 y.o. chocoholic!) I've heard people say they are a "don't miss" but have no idea what's in them.

:welcome:

:car:...late and breathless, as usual! I hope I make page 2! :laughing:

i'm usually just a lurker but thought i'd post on the new thread so i could show off my ticker :cool1:

Total newbie here.

DH and I are taking our kids for our very first real family vacation ever! In fact this is the first real vacation DH and I have been on in the 13 years we've been together. After finding a room deal I booked AKL for 8 days! We are so excited but I also have no idea what what I'm doing. We've never been to Disney before so this is all new for us.

can any anyone tell me if they serve food at the kidani poolside bar?

I found this food menu for the Maji Pool Bar on another website:

Grab-N-Go Offerings

Club Sandwich - roast turkey breast, turkey bacon, and vine-ripened tomatoes served on Multigrain bread with choice of chips or fresh fruit $8.69

Caesar Salad - with Tandoori Chicken $8.89

Fresh Fruit Cup $3.39

Carrots and Celery Sticks - with Ranch dressing $3.69

Apple Slices - with caramel sauce $3.49

Frozen Novelties $3.09 - 3.29

Kids' Picks - Ages 9 and under

Uncrustables Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich $4.99

Turkey Sandwich $4.99

Private Dining Option

All Items served in a Bento box with Mango Pudding

Turkey Club Sandwich - served on multigrain bread with turkey bacon, vine-ripened tomatoe, and mayonnaise with chickpea salad $13.49

Tandoori Chicken - served on Naan bread with red bell pepper hummus, minted greens, tomato, onion, and cucumber-yogurt raita $16.99

Tandoori Angus Chuck Burger - served on Naan bread with minted greens, tomato, onion, and cucumber-yogurt raita $13.99

Tandoori Shrimp - served on Naan bread with red bell pepper hummus, minted greens, tomato, onion, and cucumber-yogurt raita $16.99

Vegetable Chickpea Salad - served on Naan bread with red bell pepper hummus, minted greens, tomato, onion, and cucumber-yogurt raita $16.99

Grilled Lamb Kefka - served on Naan bread with red bell pepper hummus, minted greens, tomato, onion, and cucumber-yogurt raita $14.49

Kids' Picks - Ages 9 and under

Cheeseburger - with roasted potatoes $8.59
Meaty Macaroni $8.59
Cheese Piza $8.59

Corinna

I'm always late to the party! Hope this makes up for it...

akl_boma14.jpg

I'm a tad late as well to the party, but I'm here. :goodvibes

Hi guys,

I can't believe it's installment #5 already! :banana: Our trip is now 25 days away and as you can see by my sig we had to make a tough decision. There were no discounts offered for Easter week, so I had to cancel our stay at AKL. :sad1::sad2::sad::sad::sad: I think I need a hug! I guess I'll try again for next year! We're planning an evening there for dinner though. I have ressies made at Boma but still thinking about Sanaa in the back of my mind. We've done Boma every year for the last three years and love it, but thinking of trying something new. But then wondering if we'll regret not eating at Boma...what do you guys think? Either way, I'll be sure to get a pic of zebra domes for you soon :)

New AKV member here :cool1:

Stayed at the lodge in 2007 and fell in love:lovestruc. We are staying in 2012as a DVC member!!! Can't wait!!!:yay:

Total newbie here.

DH and I are taking our kids for our very first real family vacation ever! In fact this is the first real vacation DH and I have been on in the 13 years we've been together. After finding a room deal I booked AKL for 8 days! We are so excited but I also have no idea what what I'm doing. We've never been to Disney before so this is all new for us.

....well then, gurl-fren, you've come to the RIGHT PLACE....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter