Sailing the Ocean Blue...October 6, 2012 Eastern Fantasy

50 MORE DAYS!!!

YIPPIE...YIPPIE!!!!

Can't wait to be on the ship and escape reality for awhile...See you all soon!

Hey everyone :) I'm so behind but wanted to drop in and say hi. We are well into single weeks until we cruise now, we are sooooo looking forward to it. FE's are coming along, still to decide on best way to package them up dilemma. Going to try and catch up now. Hope everyone is well : )

Is anyone staying at the Residence Inn the night before the cruise? We are booked there but I am thinking of changing. Allen- you guys are at CI&S right?

Ah, yes! The deck party starts at 7:45. There is dancing, the characters are there, it is a lot of fun. The fireworks are at the end which must be the time listed. I haven't cruised since last year but it has always been one party. Maybe it has changed though.

According to the June Navigator from the posted link, there are 2 parties, One @ 7:30 and one @ 10:30. The fireworks are listed during the 10:30 pm party. I don't know, but I don't think it will be dark enough for fireworks @ 7:30. :confused3

Is anyone staying at the Residence Inn the night before the cruise? We are booked there but I am thinking of changing. Allen- you guys are at CI&S right?
Yep! :thumbsup2 What time are y'all getting in?

Hey everyone :) I'm so behind but wanted to drop in and say hi. We are well into single weeks until we cruise now, we are sooooo looking forward to it. FE's are coming along, still to decide on best way to package them up dilemma. Going to try and catch up now. Hope everyone is well : )

Hi Gillian :wave2: glad to see you:goodvibes and I know you will find a good way to figure out how to pack your FE gifts :)

Beth

BigRed1 said:
According to the June Navigator from the posted link, there are 2 parties, One @ 7:30 and one @ 10:30. The fireworks are listed during the 10:30 pm party. I don't know, but I don't think it will be dark enough for fireworks @ 7:30. :confused3

There are two parties if it's like the dream the first one is more children oriented and the second is when the fireworks go off.

There are two parties if it's like the dream the first one is more children oriented and the second is when the fireworks go off.

Looks like the Palo Reservation is going to be cancelled, I really do not want my DD to miss out on Mickey and Captain Hook. DSis and I are feeling guilty about leaving her in the Kids Club that night for dinner, since this is my DD's first cruise, we do not want her to miss out on the special moments.

Have they always done two parties on the Dream?? We did a B2B on the Dream last year in October and I don't remember 2 parties.... of course it is entirely possible that it happened and I just didn't know it!!!! :crazy:

We get into MCO around 3 and are driving to port. Are you flying?

That is interesting! I can't wait.

Looks like the Palo Reservation is going to be cancelled, I really do not want my DD to miss out on Mickey and Captain Hook. DSis and I are feeling guilty about leaving her in the Kids Club that night for dinner, since this is my DD's first cruise, we do not want her to miss out on the special moments.
Beth- I made a reservation for Palo the following night 8/10. I am thinking of canceling it because we are already doing brunch there. If you want, I will check w/ dh tonight to see if he wants to cancel and if so, you are welcome to the reservation if you want it. It is for 6:30.

Beth- I made a reservation for Palo the following night 8/10. I am thinking of canceling it because we are already doing brunch there. If you want, I will check w/ dh tonight to see if he wants to cancel and if so, you are welcome to the reservation if you want it. It is for 6:30.

Just one question, is the reservation for two or four people? I was planning on going with DH, DSis & DBIL. Thank you so much for offering it to me I really appreciate it.:yay:

Beth

Well three weeks and two days after my accident and a week and a day after the told me they were writing off my truck they finally called me and told me how much they were giving me for my truck and - the REALLY good news - they offered me more than I thought they would!!!! It's more than enough to pay off the used car I have on hold which is nice so I'll have a couple thousand to put towards my bills!!!! Now I just need them to actually cut me a cheque and deal with all the associated details with buying a new car... Insurance, registration, all those good things.

:thumbsup2

What a weekend!

One of the children we are travelling with, 12 years old, was literally horsing around (she was at the barn playing with friends after a riding lesson) and landed oddly on her leg. She was seriously in pain and our friends took her to the hospital only to find out she tore her ACL! She due for surgery tomorrow and will now be in a cast for the entire two week vacation (week at Disney after the cruise). She's VERY upset and is afraid she will be seriously restricted for activities. I'm sure she will be for a certain extent. We may be more comfortable if she had a handicap room. Do people know if Disney would let us switch rooms without charging us?

Thanks so much! We are in heavy "replan" mode for the whole trip to make sure she is comfortable.

Bless her heart. I'm sure Disney would accommodate you given your circumstances. After all, Disney is Customer Service. Maybe the orthopaedics can get her something to cover her cast so that she can get in the water. She'll still have a great time no matter what. She's at Disney:)

Hello all,
So excited about the cruise. I have the FE gifts for the children but I am at a loss for the adults. I am so looking forward to this time to relax and my husband will really need a break. I know my DS (4) Ethan will have a blast. We are staying at the CI&S Friday night but we have yet to decide if we are visiting my in-laws in Tampa that evening or going to one of the parks. We will be driving from North Carolina to FL on Wednesday and will spend 1 or 2 days at WDW before the cruise. We are staying in nice suites on Wed/Thur nights in Orlando so I hope the weather will be warm enough to enjoy the pool.

Can't wait to meet everyone,
Candace

For anyone planning to drive to and or park at the port, I found an interactive guide on the Port Canaveral website. If you have never driven to the port or haven't been since Disney's parking garage was built, this is good information. The link is http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/0afbab6c . On page 6-7, the is a short video of driving to the Disney terminal. Also, they list the GPS address of the Disney terminal as 9155 Charles M Rowland Drive, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920.

Hello all,
So excited about the cruise. I have the FE gifts for the children but I am at a loss for the adults. I am so looking forward to this time to relax and my husband will really need a break. I know my DS (4) Ethan will have a blast. We are staying at the CI&S Friday night but we have yet to decide if we are visiting my in-laws in Tampa that evening or going to one of the parks. We will be driving from North Carolina to FL on Wednesday and will spend 1 or 2 days at WDW before the cruise. We are staying in nice suites on Wed/Thur nights in Orlando so I hope the weather will be warm enough to enjoy the pool.

Can't wait to meet everyone,
Candace

I am sure it will be warm enough, even in October it is like 90 in Florida....LOL

I am also at a bit of a loss in that regards to "packaging" ... what I will likely do is place them all in a zip-loc bag for each room as we literally are coming up on 200 items at last count (due to the B2B cruises and we have to itemize everything for Customs as we are shipping most of it down to the States b4 the cruise) ... I know there is at least two staterooms where we are doing a full FE with in Group 2 but can't remember off-hand who they are - if you could let me know that would be great. I will likely have extra's left over when I get the rest of our FE itmes in the mail so will we will gift those to the rest in Group 2 ...

Anyways, I was in the middle of working on our FE lists last night during my break at work ...

• ... when I get a call from my DW @ home reporting there is an intruder in our "front yard." She had gone outside with our little boy :dog2: on our wrap-around deck on the front of the house when he ran suddenly to the top of the stairs and began barking (DW says he actually bounced off the plastic fencing we had put across the top of the stairs to prevent him from running into the frontyard and the treeline around our property ... he may be small but he is :darth: to those that are evil ... ) This was at 10 at night so it is pitch dark outside other than security flood lights on a few properties as we live in on an acreage in a subdivision in the countryside and our front section of the property is fully enclosed in a 6' high fence ... so someone has to scale over the chain link to get into the front. Long story short, she was challenging the intruder who was skulking through the flowerbeds to the west of the house while having my brother on the phone (he's a Sergeant with the city 5-0) ... then she called 911 while I was rushing home from the city. By the time I got there the RCMP was at our back gate ... we went in and did a perimeter sweep inside the front yard and then out on the roadway around our property. He was gone by then ... it was more unnerving than scary as DW and I are both are in the LE field.

Just what I needed :crazy2: during this crazy time ... working on two FE lists while waiting for the final items to arrive, scrambling to get a new FE for our stateroom (thanks to Gradysmom on Etsy!) as the one we ordered over a month ago from another had to be cancelled due illness/family emerg, getting ready for a get-away next week (yes, someone will be staying out at our house while we are gone), finalizing details for our Disney Adventure, craziness @ work with training new staff and then going for a 3 day training period for a whole new IT system for our department :headache: just before heading off on our Disney Adventure and then an additional two days of training after we get back :sad: ... and so forth ... boy do we need to go on a :boat: :)

Fºoºz;45861442 said:
Anyways, I was in the middle of working on our FE lists last night during my break at work ...

• ... when I get a call from my DW @ home reporting there is an intruder in our "front yard." She had gone outside with our little boy :dog2: on our wrap-around deck on the front of the house when he ran suddenly to the top of the stairs and began barking (DW says he actually bounced off the plastic fencing we had put across the top of the stairs to prevent him from running into the frontyard and the treeline around our property ... he may be small but he is :darth: to those that are evil ... ) This was at 10 at night so it is pitch dark outside other than security flood lights on a few properties as we live in on an acreage in a subdivision in the countryside and our front section of the property is fully enclosed in a 6' high fence ... so someone has to scale over the chain link to get into the front. Long story short, she was challenging the intruder who was skulking through the flowerbeds to the west of the house while having my brother on the phone (he's a Sergeant with the city 5-0) ... then she called 911 while I was rushing home from the city. By the time I got there the RCMP was at our back gate ... we went in and did a perimeter sweep inside the front yard and then out on the roadway around our property. He was gone by then ... it was more unnerving than scary as DW and I are both are in the LE field.

Glad to hear everyone was OK! We have had a huge uptick lately in home invasions here in Halifax. People with kids sleeping and people in their homes. I agree, scary!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter