Sailing the Ocean Blue...October 6, 2012 Eastern Fantasy

Wow!

I get crazy busy for a couple of weeks and suddenly our thread is taking off! TinkLoverSam and I would love to participate in an FE (along with her DH and our mom and dad who I'm sharing a cabin with - well I'm sure they'd want to if they knew what it was :rotfl:)

I love the cruise name too! I'm not that creative either so I'm glad someone else came up with it!

We'd also love to participate in a meet or two. I thought I'd already subscribed to this thread but apparently not so I have now!

It's almost sad how excited I am about this trip considering it's still over a year away! :dance3:

Disney_Alli, I have updated the Roll Call and have added your parents to the list. Once Kritter gets back from her cruise, she will start compiling the FE list.

I tried to pick a name for the cruise that tied in with Columbus Day.

This is my first cruise too, soooo excited...it is going to be awesome. :yay:

:welcome: to the newest members of our "Sailing the ocean blue" cruise. Love the name TaTa4Now. I have been off the boards this week and couldn't believe how things have picked up. I'm so glad. We started back to school this week:teacher: and I have been slammed. So tonight I sat down and told my dh that I needed to relieve some stress. I hadn't been on my disboards since Sunday. He just looked like "whatever".:rotfl: I have been very excited about this cruise that is over a year away since we booked it in May. Especially about doing the FE exchange for the first time. I'm ready to start now. Dh and I are going on a carnival with some friends in October and he is frustrated because all I talk about is the one that is over a year away:rotfl2:

:welcome: to the newest members of our "Sailing the ocean blue" cruise. Love the name TaTa4Now. I have been off the boards this week and couldn't believe how things have picked up. I'm so glad. We started back to school this week:teacher: and I have been slammed. So tonight I sat down and told my dh that I needed to relieve some stress. I hadn't been on my disboards since Sunday. He just looked like "whatever".:rotfl: I have been very excited about this cruise that is over a year away since we booked it in May. Especially about doing the FE exchange for the first time. I'm ready to start now. Dh and I are going on a carnival with some friends in October and he is frustrated because all I talk about is the one that is over a year away:rotfl2:

MickeyMinnieMelanie, I am glad you could relieve your stress and escape to Disney Cruise Land.....Thank you so much for the complement on the name of the Cruise (tied it in with Columbus Day), Myself and DISis are VERY Excited about this cruise and talk about it daily (drives my DH crazy)...Cannot wait to meet you and your family on the meet or meets..We are trying to keep this thread alive and make this a very exciting cruise (especially since this is my cruise ever). :yay::thumbsup2

The FE (Fish Extender) exchange is an exchange of items between other DISers who are participating. You hang a FE from the fish next to your Stateroom Door (I believe on the Fantasy it will be Fish on the Port side and Seahorses on the Starboard side.) and deliver the gifts to the other participants. There are a lot of threads with ideas for gifts. Below are links to show you what a FE looks like and another link with gift ideas.

http://www.disneycollegeblog.com/2011/06/whats-fish-extender.html

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2776492

Thanks for posting I too was not sure about FE I will take a look at these threads :thumbsup2

My dd (who will be turning 13 on the cruise) is interested in making some friends prior to the cruise. So that she will already know someone when we get on. This will be our first cruise where she does not have another friend going. She is kind of shy until she gets to know someone. She is a disboards member. She goes by Livie.
Tracielynn: What is your dd11's name?
3tulips: What about your dd12's name?
Livie is planning to go into the 11-13 age group. I think she would like to try to get into the 14 because" it is so cool, because they have their own pool" but she will probably stay down because she and her sister don't like each other right now:confused3
If any of your dd's or anyone else's dd's wants to get to know each other and talk before the cruise, pm me and I will give you her username or you can give me your child's username. She does have a phone that she can text/talk on. She does not have facebook.

This is our 4th Disney Cruise and we can not wait to sail on the Fantasy. We have done the FE on our past 2 cruises and would like to participate on this one as well.
We have our fall break and have been talking to other families about sailing. We have DD14, DS11 almost 12 when sailing, DD10. DD14 can not wait to go in the teen club. Her brother and sister have friends that are their ages on the ship but no one her age at this time. I am also looking for my DD13 now to maybe meet some teenagers before the cruise?:woohoo:

Hello fellow sailors! Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a nice weekend. I was reminded that summer is winding down when I received a Kohls flyer for their Labor Day Sale :scared1:

Hello fellow sailors! Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a nice weekend. I was reminded that summer is winding down when I received a Kohls flyer for their Labor Day Sale :scared1:

Thanks for the reminder of the cold weather around the corner...well at least thinking of and planning our future cruise will keep us warm:banana:

That is funny. On the news this morning they said a cold front came thru last night, it is only going to be in the low 90's. Our kids started school 2 weeks ago,so our summer is over. But we have a few more weeks.

That is funny. On the news this morning they said a cold front came thru last night, it is only going to be in the low 90's. Our kids started school 2 weeks ago,so our summer is over. But we have a few more weeks.

I wish we were in the 90's! It's going to get to a whopping 73 here today, with rain, yuck! Schools around here don't start until the week of Labor Day. Enjoy your nice weather!

The "cold front" brought in some dryer weather. It was a beautiful day today, I hope we have this nice weather on our cruise!

Disney_Alli and I and our parents booked this cruise because it's over Canadian Thanksgiving. I wonder if we will have any other Canadians joining us over this holiday weekend?

What seating did everybody choose for "Sailing The Ocean Blue?"

We have selected "Main Seating" and we plan on going to the 8:30 show. :tigger:

Serenity Now!

IMG_1330-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter