Safe Passage/Inspired Diagnostics Kit Question

KaityB

Earning My Ears
We're going to be sailing 10/18...my husband and myself will be fully vaccinated by then but of course my 8 yr old will need a PCR test. The different tests everyone offers are kinda confusing and makes me worried I won't pick the right test that Disney will accept. I was considering getting the kit through safe passage but was worried about the timeline since it's been shortened to 3- days before the cruise. Has anyone ordered the kits through safe passage? How long did the results take?

This was shared on another thread yesterday...maybe it helps with your concerns...
This was shared with TA's this morning:

As you are aware, due to recently updated technical guidance from the CDC, Guests 11 years of age and younger are not required to be vaccinated but must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date. The test should be a rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted.

For Guests who express concerns on the timing of the test or have questions about any alternative options, the following three (3) options for pre-cruise PCR COVID-19 testing can be provided:

Option 1 (NEW!): Guests may use the Safe Passage website to purchase and schedule a pre-trip test to be performed at a testing location in Central Florida, 1-3 days before their sail date.

Beginning Sept. 13, 2021, Guests may use the Safe Passage website to purchase and schedule a pre-trip test to be performed at a testing site in Central Florida, performed 1-3 days before their sail date. The cost is US $98.33 per test (which includes a 3.5% processing fee).

Testing locations will be set up at the Orlando International Airport and at the Radisson Resort in Cape Canaveral, Florida.

The Orlando International Airport Testing Location will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week.

The Cape Canaveral Radisson Resort, near Port Canaveral, will be open 12 p.m. to 7 p.m., 7 days a week.

Results take 24-48 hours to process and will be sent to the email address provided during the registration on the Safe Passage website.

Guests who completed an at-home test kit, but did not mail it to Inspire via UPS, can drop off their completed test sample at one of the onsite testing locations in Central Florida.

Option 2: Guests residing in the United States may purchase a pre-trip, at-home PCR test directly from the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics.

Guests residing in the United States may purchase an at-home PCR testing kit directly from the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics at a cost of US $98.33 per test (which includes a 3.5% processing fee).

Test kits must be administered and mailed back to Inspire Diagnostics exactly 3 days before the sail date and mailed using the pre-paid UPS envelope included with the kit.

Guests must drop the envelope at an official UPS drop box or at a UPS store location. Guests must not use a “UPS Access Point” for shipment, which are drop boxes located at a retail outlet such as pharmacy, grocery store or gas station.

Results will be available 24 to 48 hours from the time the sample is received by Inspire Diagnostics and will be sent to the email address provided during registration on the Safe Passage website.

Guests who completed an at-home test kit, but did not mail it to Inspire via UPS, can drop off their completed test sample at one of our onsite testing locations in Central Florida located at the Orlando International Airport and at the Radisson Resort in Cape Canaveral.

Option 3: Guests may obtain their PCR test from any independent testing provider.

Guests may obtain their PCR test from any independent testing provider. When selecting an independent testing provider, Guests should choose a provider with the fastest processing time, as the window for testing and submitting test results is between 3 days and 24 hours prior to their sailing. If the Guests is submitting their test sample to an independent provider by mail, overnight mail is recommended.

Additionally, the following is an update on how old a child must be in order to sail with a negative COVID-19 PCR test:

Guests who turn 12 within 5 weeks of embarkation are permitted to sail but will be required to follow testing protocols, which include providing proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date. This test should be a rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted. Additionally, they will also be required to take a COVID 19 test administered by Inspire Diagnostics at the terminal before boarding, per recently updated CDC guidance.

We're on the 10/18 sailing, too! We're in the same boat (no pun intended!) as you, we have a 7 year old and 5 year old who we need to get tested. I'm going to use the Inspire kits offered thru Safe Passage. We are staying on-site for 5 days before the cruise, so we will bring the kits with us, test them on Friday and I plan to take a taxi to the nearest UPS Store to drop them off. Fingers crossed we get negative results and that we're all negative at the port. This is the part of the trip stressing me out the most!

We're on the 10/18 sailing, too! We're in the same boat (no pun intended!) as you, we have a 7 year old and 5 year old who we need to get tested. I'm going to use the Inspire kits offered thru Safe Passage. We are staying on-site for 5 days before the cruise, so we will bring the kits with us, test them on Friday and I plan to take a taxi to the nearest UPS Store to drop them off. Fingers crossed we get negative results and that we're all negative at the port. This is the part of the trip stressing me out the most!
My fingers are crossed for everyone involved...this is stressing me too! Having a plan will help me relax a little but I can't find any information for how long it takes for the kit's results....maybe there will be more info when the date gets closer.

I can't find any information for how long it takes for the kit's results
according to the above info:
Results will be available 24 to 48 hours from the time the sample is received by Inspire Diagnostics and will be sent to the email address provided during registration on the Safe Passage website.

My fingers are crossed for everyone involved...this is stressing me too! Having a plan will help me relax a little but I can't find any information for how long it takes for the kit's results....maybe there will be more info when the date gets closer.
That's what I'm hoping, will keep checking the boards for other guests' experiences in the meantime. The only thing I did see is that the kits come with an overnight shipping return box/bag so my hope is that as long as you get them to UPS before end of business 3 days out, they should receive the samples on day 2 and (fingers crossed) results are posted no later than 1 day pre-cruise. Then it's the uploading to Safe Passage and waiting for the all clear.

according to the above info:
Thank you, I had read that already. I just want reviews from actual people who have been through the process.

We mailed one off today so I’ll let you know- we are using it as a backup not our primary test (we sail Friday so it wasn’t an guaranteed option but I had already ordered the ‘free’ version of the test..

My initial concern is that it stated there would be liquid in the tube but there wasn’t..

Anyone tried this for San Diego sailings??, we are under the same time limit for getting kids under 12 tested but our first sailing is Oct 1st in a couple weeks, so no past experience here and far Far fewer testing site options that will return your results in the tight time frame. Right now its looking like $199 for one that would most likely get it done in time but no reviews from fellow cruisers to know if it is even a reliable location. Can't risk the standard CVS/Walgreens here, know of someone who's kids test took 4 days, we don't have a Inspire Diagnostics location here so it has to be the kit ordered, not sure who will be doing the testing for everyone at the port on departure day. But we did get the same time frame limits that FL did. Just no experience here to rest assured this will happen in time. A bit stressing to start our magical boarding.

I had no idea, that is just in LA, maybe 2 hours away, their site does say results 24 to 48 hours from when they Receive it. If we have to test 3 days before but submit results 1 day prior to sailing- there is only a 2 day window to test, mail, lab to receive and post results. That is one tight window to comply in. Hopefully someone has experienced this, if I end up being the first, I'll come back and post an update. Anyone happen to have done it from SD yet?

So our experience- tested/dropped off at 8 am est yesterday. Was picked up at 6 pm est yesterday. Arrived in CA today at 730 am pt and we got the results at 430 pm est today.

as I suspected it came back ‘invalid’ so thankful it was our backup test and not our primary one..

So if your tubes come empty Don’t trust them!

So our experience- tested/dropped off at 8 am est yesterday. Was picked up at 6 pm est yesterday. Arrived in CA today at 730 am pt and we got the results at 430 pm est today.

as I suspected it came back ‘invalid’ so thankful it was our backup test and not our primary one..

That's good to know! Thank you for your experience and I most definitely will have a back up plan.

that is seriously good to know, that is why we are so grateful for the disney community sharing real experience. Super thanks for taking the time to help.

Thanks for the report. I’m going to check our kits now as we are planning to use them next week.

DW and I are on a 10/10 MSC cruise from PC so she reserved at Radisson since they hopefully will be testing by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter