Sad News about Rich Hyams

I wish I had gotten here earlier, so that I could have gotten to know Richyams like many of the other DISers have.

I am thinking of you and your daughter with the most healing of thoughts in the time to come.

Lisa:sunny:

Lisa, I offer my deepest condolences. Rich obviously packed a lot of living and loving into his all-too-short life.

I must tell you, when I saw this thread title and the user name that started it, I thought it was Rich's way of letting us know what he's been up to the past several months!

Instead, I sit shocked by this tragic news. :(

I'm sure Rich is in the Grandest Villa of all right now, eating some pigs feet and still laughing at all of us.

Thank you Lisa, for thinking of this group and letting us know what happened. It is no small thing to do during such a hard time.

God bless you and your family in this very difficult time.

Lisa, I am sorry for your loss, your daughter's loss. Rich was someone on this board where I really got a chuckle out of his posts. I am so sadto hear of his passing. I have been a part of many online communities since 1999, and this is the first loss of someone I knew. I will never walk inot an OKW GV without thinking of Rich. He brought alot of smiles to this board. I will miss him.

In honor of Rich, i would just like to say, that I was on the fence about using points to rent a GV on our next trip. We loved the GV when we stayed in April, and it just seemed like an awful lot of points for a family of five. Well, here we sit, condoling the wife and daughter of a member of this board who died WAY too young at the age of 42. I will be using the points for a GV. Who knows if I will be here the next year. We only live once. Make it all count!

For you Rich, the Real Family will be occupying an OKW GV in November 2006!

Condolences to you and your daughter Lisa, and thank you for taking the time to let us know the sad news. Rich has been missed these last few months.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. God bless you and your family and my you have the comfort of knowing he is beside Him.

Rich will be missed... My deepest sympathy to you and your daughter, Lisa. :(

What a tribute to Rich to see 8 pages of memorials to him.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I found the boards in the spring of '98 - and Rich was already here. I remember one particular thread where he was going on and on about the poor driving skills of Floridians. Not knowing him then, I just jumped "all over that one." :)

I hope my ranting gave him a chuckle...

My prayers go out to you and your family.

This board won't be the same without Rich!!

My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

I always looked forward to reading Richyams posts... We will miss him.

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I enjoyed reading Rich's posts and his thoughts about DVC, he will be truely missed by all his dvc neighbors here on the dis-board. God Bless you and your daughter and may your fond memories fill the rest your lives until you meet again.

Lisa & family ~
My deepest sympathies. I will always remember Rich's wit and playful sarcasm. His presence on the DIS will be missed. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

I'll miss Rich. He made me laugh. I'm so very, very sorry to hear this sad news. Tears, and hugs.
Denise

Lisa, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this time.

I've been away from these boards for most of the spring and summer and just got back in last week. After a day or two of catching up, I realized that I hadn't seen any recent posts from Rich.

I was concerned, since he was always so active here.

Thank you so much for letting us know in this difficult time. That was a wonderful act of consideration and generosity on your part.

Rich will be sorely missed here. He was always one of the highlights of these boards, and I am sure he is being life of the party and chief conversation starter up in heaven.

God bless!

I enjoyed his conservative voice on the debate board. We were often on the same side of most issues. He will be missed. I was shocked when I read of his passing. It is very sad.

Lisa, please accept my condolances at what must be a very difficult time for you and your family.

Rich was definately one of the members here that I would most liked to have met up with and had the opportunity to chat with face to face. I'll miss his contributions ( even those I didn't agree with :D )

Thank you for taking the time to let us know, I'm certain many people, like me, appreciate the news, even if it is sad and unwelcome for us all.

I am so sorry for your loss. His posts always made me laugh. Take care of yourself and daughter in this difficult time.

I am very sorry to hear this. Yes Rich was a real character, I loved reading his posts. Great sense of humor. Lisa I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. God Bless you all.

My thoughts and prayers go with you.

I will never forget the pigsfeet posting where Rick taught us how to cook something like that in our OKW villa. It was just too funny!

I am so sorry for your family's loss. Rich truely was a fixture here.

Thanks so much for letting us know. (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter