Sad News about Rich Hyams

You and your family are in my prayers.

Rich will be sorely missed on these boards God bless you all.

Lisa - my condolences go out to you & your daughter. I will remember you in my prayers.

Melanie

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I, like many others, can credit Rich and a few others on the DVC board for helping me make the decision to buy....at OKW of course! And I think of him every time we stay at BWV and trek those long halls.

Been away from the boards, but must say richyams has answered so many of my DIS questions. Can I ask -- was it a health problem, auto accident. How could someone his age be gone with the Lord? What happened? I hate to be so nosey?

Originally posted by treloarf
Can I ask -- was it a health problem, auto accident. How could someone his age be gone with the Lord? What happened?

If you go back to page 21 of this thread his wife, Lisa, explains what happened.

Lisa,

I have been a lurker since 2000. I stumbled across DIS when I was planning our first ever disney vacation.

Then I came across DVC chat room and from reading Rich's posts regarding how wonderful it is for a family to purchase and vacation using points we bought a resale at OKW (of course).

It was from reading his posts that he actually answered some of my questions. I would bring my husband to the computer and say, "well, Richyams says this or that." And then show him his posts.

I also enjoyed reading his comments on the debate board. I agreed with him on politics but not on religion. I remember him talking about homeschooling and how inadequate public school is.

What a man, what a legend...what a way with life!

God bless you and your living piece of him (your daughter).

I just heard about this and wished to pass on my condolences. I can't remember one single time on the debate board when I agreed with Rich, or when he agreed with me. But I can honestly say that I liked him, (as much as you can like anyone you've never met) and he nearly always made me laugh, even if it was sometimes with disbelief at some of the views he expressed. I'll miss him.

I have been away for a little while I am so sorry to hear about Your lost. I as well as many others enjoyed reading his many post. I pray that in the cays a head you will gain comfort.

Regards

You are in my thoughts. I have not been a DVC member for very long, and as a result not been on the forum for long as well. Rich was one of my favorites. I usually agreed with him, but even when I didn't I appreciated how forthright and honest he was. He surely will be missed. If there is anything we can do, don't hesitate to let it be known.

To the Hyams family,

It has been a few weeks since I last visited the board and I am in complete shock. Within the limited time I've been a member, I realized quickly that Rich has been a powerful persona on this board. It will surely be different with out his posts. We live in the Coral Springs area and I've always related to him because of the S. FL connection. My deepest condolences and prayers to you and your family for your loss.

Phil

I don't own DVC but stayed at OKW for part of my honeymoon about 8 years ago and have stayed there twice since then. I've mainly been a lurker on these boards the last 3 years or so but come to check in every once in awhile, especially when planning for our WDW trips or for friends who are planning trips. Anyhow, I happened to come to the boards late last night and found the posts about Rich. I recognized the username and know I've read some of his posts, especially when doing research for our OKW stay this past summer. I ended up staying up much later than I should have, reading all the posts and I was so in shock and thought what a loss the Disboards has experienced and even more so, the unimaginable loss to the family. It struck me that my own husband is 42 years old. You never know when life on this earth will end! My condolences to the family. Thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

Dear Hyam's,

Rich added substance and spice to our little virtual world, and we miss him... a lot. I'm confident that the legacy and memories he built with you all will last for generations to come.
-Ron.

My heartfelt condolences ,prayers and sympathy to you and your family during this time. I am very sorry for your loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter