Sackpack for theme park bag?

vault19dweller

Mouseketeer
Hi guys,

I dont want to spend a ton lot of money (already have a lot of bags :lmao:), but was looking for a dedicated theme park bag (which I may flair up Disney style)

Was thinking a sackpack? They're light weight, keep your arms free, seem to get good review, and might not get in the way too much?
Has anyone used one as a theme park bag before?

More specifically - anyone tried/have the Adidas Alliance Sackpack? If so, do you happen to know what size the Adidas logo is? Am tempted to get one and add some Disney patches to it :rotfl2:

Is a "sackpack" a lightweight drawstring "cinch" backpack? I've never heard the term before, so wanted to check.

If that's what you mean, I think they would work well if you don't have heavy things in it. If they're too heavy, it seems like they'd pull and be ncomfortable to wear. As long as you don't overstuff,seems like they'd work well.

Thats what it is!

I just like the idea that its a lot lighter than a backpack (and only just discovered the term when I was reading about theme park bags one day)

Theres just 2 adults (so we wont have to bring kids things wtih us) and we both have bags, so I'm just going to pack for myself *laughs* (DH can do the same :lmao:)

So will just be for:
  • My mini portable phone charger (Anker Mini Lipstick-Sized charger)
  • Ziplocks
  • The little autograph book with a sharpie
  • A few bandaids, pain killers & blister patches
  • A little pack of travel tissues
  • A snack or two
  • A disposable poncho
  • Chapstick
  • A miniature antibacterial hand sanatizer
  • Possibly a hand-towel (to wipe off a seat if its been raining)
  • Small tube of sunscreen (just for 1 person)
  • Travel size hair brush (for post roller-coaster hair *laughs* )
  • To throw my hoody in if it warms up (otherwise I'll be wearing it)
  • My camera but only when I'm on a ride (the camera would be around my neck normally)

So shouldn't be too heavy, I hoping - the list looks big, but a lot of it is super light weight, and the others wont always be in the bag :)

My daughter used one of these a couple of weeks ago. It was a great bag to use. Her bag had an inside pocket to store a card and some money in. I was thinking of using hers next time I went without her.

I noticed a few people using sackpacks yesterday at Epcot. They seem to be popular with Orientals. Looks like they would work just fine.

It's what we call a shoe bag or plimsole bag. Just watch out that the cord 'straps' can't half dig into your shoulders after a while!

I used one a couple of years ago when we went to play mini golf on the 192. I didn't have much in it so there wasn't enough weight to actually hold the bag in place against my bag and the straps kept slipping off my shoulders.

I personally would rather use a lightweight backpack with proper flat over-shoulder straps on it.

A sack pack would work well for your items, but like PPs said, try walking around the house with one on as they sometimes slide off shoulders or if heavy, can dig in.

I like a cross body bag for a similar amount of stuff. Still hands free, easy on shoulders, and I don't have to take it off to get in to it. I'd put autograph book and maybe camera and cell into ziplock in case of downpours or water rides.

thats what I bring around. Much lighter weight, can sling over 1 shoulder or 2, and smush easily into ride vehicles.

I dont know about that bag, but my recommendation is to get one with some compartments. I find things get mixed up in those bags and the one thing you'll need quick will be at the bottom every time.

I have a Nike Sack that has a mesh pocket outside (good for quick things like sunglasses and sunscreen), a side zipper pocket (for snacks, autograph book and stuff you can get to w/o taking off the bag). And a divider inside for everything else. I'll try and find it on line and link it.

We have addidas team speed sack packs which we use for all kinds of sightseeing excursions and sports. This version has an outside zipper pocket and 2 huge full length side mesh pockets which can completely conceal a 24 oz polar water bottle. You can get all kinds of stuff in these side pockets.

It's our favorite useful sackpack.

thats what I bring around. Much lighter weight, can sling over 1 shoulder or 2, and smush easily into ride vehicles.

I dont know about that bag, but my recommendation is to get one with some compartments. I find things get mixed up in those bags and the one thing you'll need quick will be at the bottom every time.

I have a Nike Sack that has a mesh pocket outside (good for quick things like sunglasses and sunscreen), a side zipper pocket (for snacks, autograph book and stuff you can get to w/o taking off the bag). And a divider inside for everything else. I'll try and find it on line and link it.

this is the one

Nike Ultimatum Sack Pack

I always use a sack pack...under armour to be exact. I also use a gallon size ziploc and smaller ones to seperate things.:)

We use these at the parks. Very light-weight, easily "smooshable", holds just what we need but not too much to be heavy. We've all got the $6/$7 ones that they sell at the Nike/Addidas shoe stores.

I used one at Universal many years ago and it was UNCOMFORTABLE!! And I didn't have a ton of stuff in it.

Plus, I feel like they go under your arms differently than a regular backpack and I felt like it was in my armpit all the time which was gross - because it was summer in Florida.

I found a really lightweight backpack (with thick straps) at Target last year which has become my park bag.

DS has the Adidas Alliance for soccer. He likes it, but only wears it for a few minutes.

I think they would be great as a park bag for light weight items. I would pack it and wear it around the house or while running errands to see how the straps feel after a few hours! If the straps are long enough, you might be able to switch it up and wear it as a back pack or a crossbody to alternate and rest your shoulders.

Thanks for all the replys everyone!

Was unsure as have never really seen them, but really wanted something super light weight :D

Personally I struggle with cross body bags, but that could just be me. As a girl I really struggle with getting the cross bags to sit properly across the chest, and find shoulder bags tend to be a little lopsided.

Great idea of packing what may be in it and wearing it around for a day just to get a feel for it! Will do that and then work out if it'd be suitable or not! :)

The Vera Bradley cross body bags are quite popular in Disney. I used mine last year and it worked quite well. I could keep it strapped on for all rides if I wanted to. Just had to lengthen or shorten the strap or switch which side it crossed over depending on the ride seat/restraint, etc. Saw tons of women using them. They hold just enough and don't get too heavy. I kept a snack or two, small wallet, iPhone, hand sanitizer strap on type, phone charger, bottle of meds, etc. Worked out perfect especially because I didn't need to take it off of my back since it goes around the front/side. I think it's called the Hipster.

ETA: I presume you are a female based on what you said you would be carrying. If not, I apologize! I will also add that my DH and teens often use those sack packs for day trip places like Disney, etc. The thin straps just really bother my shoulders even when not too heavy.

Definitely try it out first. I find those kind of bags uncomfortable on my shoulders with the cords digging into my shoulders. I use the small backpack from Vera Bradley. It provides more comfort and holds what I need without any bulkiness.

My kids have used the string bags for different events and the "strings" always seem to break after just a little bit. THey can be retied but then somehow seem to go uneven and it becomes uncomfortable because one side is heavier than the other. I think it might get you through one trip though... However my DD and I both have carried our small VB backpacks over many years of trips and both still in good condition.

Thanks for all the replys everyone!

Was unsure as have never really seen them, but really wanted something super light weight :D

Personally I struggle with cross body bags, but that could just be me. As a girl I really struggle with getting the cross bags to sit properly across the chest, and find shoulder bags tend to be a little lopsided.

Great idea of packing what may be in it and wearing it around for a day just to get a feel for it! Will do that and then work out if it'd be suitable or not! :)

Yes, whatever bag you get, load it up with the things you'll be carrying in the paks and "test drive± it! I bought what I thought would be a good basckpack several years ago, "test drove" it, and found the straps dug in uncomfortably. Returned it, and was so glad I tried it before the trip!

I haven't tried the sackpack type bags myself. I bought a Baggalini messenger bag this year and loved it, though. It's a crossbody bag, the strap is super comfortable (even though I'm large-chested), and holds a surprising amount of stuff. I got this style:

http://www.baggallini.com/product/Messenger-Bagg-CLOSEOUT/Baggallini-Sale

On days I needed a real backpack, I wore a very comfortable lightweight one with thick, comfortable straps. It was big enough to stuff a jacket or sweatshirt into, so on days when it wsas colder on my trip, I wore the backpack.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

We call them cinch sacks, and my teenage granddaughter uses one at Disney, but she only carries a few things in hers.

I have been using those types of bags for years in the parks. They work out great for me, for about the same amount of stuff/a little less . I generally carry: wallet, point and shoot camera, small cell phone, about a dozen trading pins, mini bottle of hand cleaner, chap stick and an empty water bottle that I fill when I'm thirsty, rather than carry while it's heavy. If it warms up, I will tie my sweatshirt around my waist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!