RV GPS recommendations???

ChrisinNJ

DIS Veteran
My husband mentioned getting a GPS unit for the RV that is geared to truck and RV use. He mainly wants it for height restrictions (I think). I thought it would be a great Christmas present for him if I can find a good one...

Can anyone recommend one? I know he is a Garmin fan. I found a Garmin 465LMT but it seems to have mixed reviews. It seems that most people reviewing it are truckers... Not much feedback from RV users.

Never realized they made one! Sounds like an awesome idea! Hope you get some feedback, because I'd love to check into it!:)

Rand McNally makes a 7" and a 5" version of an RV GPS. Magellan makes a 7" RV GPS as well. I prefer Garmin also but the only version they make is for truckers and is not well suited for RV travel. RM and Megellan RV GPS both have settings for height and weight of the RV as well as routes suited for long RVs. Basically they make sure there are no turns or bridges that will get you in a bind. Both make finding campgrounds easy while on the road. I have been researching for a while and will be purchasing before next summer. I would like to hear of some users experiances with these GPS units.

My dh just uses a regular Garmin.

As for height restrictions, etc. we've never had a problem, because with a MH you definitely usually stick to the main roads. Our only exception is the Blue Ridge Parkway, and they tell you which bridges are too low for RV's. We've never had an issue as long as we have rv'd. :goodvibes

I hope this may help.
We have been using a Garmin NUVI for several years for our RV and have found that it has been a great guide. You set width, length, height and hazardous materials, weight...
I am far from being tech savy so this is just my personal opinion. It does provide information geared to trucks that we have not used for our RV like truck washes, repair areas and tire sales. Overall we are confident when using this GPS.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter