Running On Empty

Week ?? of ??
We are 306 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:
  • Running Distance = 23.09 miles
  • Running Time = 3:40:12
Monday
  • rest day
Tuesday
  • distance = 3.11 miles
  • Time = 0:29:07
  • Pace = 9:22 min./mi.
Wednesday
  • rest day
Thursday
  • distance = 3.76 miles
  • Time = 0:35:32
  • Pace = 9:27 min./mi.
Friday
  • Was not motivated...gave myself permission to take the day off!
Saturday
  • Actual distance = 6.89 miles
  • Actual time = 1:06:24
  • Pace = 9:38 min./mi.
  • Did this is two run segments. I ran up to my Mom's house, cleared the snow from her driveway, then ran back home. I enjoyed this; even though there is a significant amount of uphill to her house. Getting on a new running path gave me a boost.
Sunday
  • distance = 9.33 miles
  • Time = 1:29:09
  • Pace = 9:33 min./mi.
  • The first half was fun. I didn't realise the torture I would be putting myself through on the second half. I had a tail wind heading East and then a relentless head wind the way back (37 kmph).
I do not have any immediate races I am training for. I can't wait for spring/summer and to be away from all this snow. I am thinking I will be putting a lot of effort into trail running this summer. I love doing it and feel it boosts my strength and stability. That can only benefit me when I start up my end of summer Dopey plan.

I hope everyone's running is going well. Stay safe and healthy out there!

Week ?? of ??
We are 298 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:
  • Running Distance = 21.43 miles
  • Running Time = 3:48:52
Monday
  • rest day
Tuesday
  • distance = 2.51 miles
  • Time = 0:22:41
  • Pace = 9:02 min./mi.
  • To mix things up I did a last minute interval run. I basically ran 0.6 miles at a slow pace and then did a controlled sprint for 0.2 miles at 6:20 min/mile pace. I did this 3 times. It was fun to get out of the "normal" runs and do something different.
Wednesday
  • rest day
Thursday
  • distance = 7.51 miles
  • 1.5 mi. WU + 1 x 4.5 mi. @ M Tempo+ 1.5 mi. CD
  • Time = 1:11:05
  • Pace = 9:28 min./mi.
Friday
  • Took Friday off again. Will get back to 5 days a week now. No more coasting.
Saturday
  • Actual distance = 4.36 miles
  • Actual time = 0:50:27
  • Pace = 11:34 min./mi.
  • My DS was home for the weekend for University. I decided to scrap any plans I had and do his workout with him. It was a 50 minute run. Was fun to run with him. It has been a while since we had the opportunity to do this.
Sunday
  • distance = 7.05 miles
  • Time = 1:24:39
  • Pace = 12:00 min./mi.
  • Ran with my DS again. His training plan was to run 7 miles. It has been quite a while since he ran this distance, so he was nervous. I noticed there were some mental battles he was fighting to try and keep going. Self-doubt is a killer. We made it!
I do not have any immediate races I am training for. I think I may start up a training plan for a make-believe race in the future. This should help me keep motivated and not loose too much fitness.

Week ?? of ??
We are 292 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:
  • Running Distance = 28.8 miles
  • Running Time = 4:04:06
Monday
  • rest day
Tuesday
  • Intervals!
  • 0.5 mi. WU + 3 x 0.75 mi. @ 5k w/ 3 x 0.18 mi. RI @ WU
  • distance = 3.31 miles
  • Time = 0:28:44
  • Pace = 8:41 min./mi.
  • To mix things up I did a last minute interval run. I basically ran 0.6 miles at a slow pace and then did a controlled sprint for 0.2 miles at 6:20 min/mile pace. I did this 3 times. It was fun to get out of the "normal" runs and do something different.
Wednesday
  • rest day
Thursday
  • M Tempo
  • 1 x 5.8 mi. @ M Tempo
  • distance = 5.81 miles
  • Time = 0:50:04
  • Pace = 8:37 min./mi.
Friday
  • Easy A
  • 1 x 5.73 mi. @ EA
  • distance = 5.73 miles
  • Time = 0:59:55
  • Pace = 10:27 min./mi.
Saturday
  • Long Run
  • Actual distance = 9.33 miles
  • Actual time = 1:24:18
  • Pace = 9:02 min./mi.
  • Did not start with the intention of doing a long run today. Felt good from the start, so I kept going.
Sunday
  • Easy B
  • distance = 4.62 miles
  • Time = 0:43:05
  • Pace = 9:20 min./mi.
  • Decided to do my Easy B run since I did the LR yesterday.
  • This was not the only run I did today. My DD is back on a couch25k plan again. Went out with her earlier in the day. We did a 5 min WU + 6 x (90 sec run + 2:00 min walk) + 5 min CD. Ended up doing 1.81 miles in 29 minutes at a 16:00 min/mile pace. Super fun to run with her!

Week ?? of ??
We are 284 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:
  • Running Distance = 37.30 miles
  • Running Time = 5:54:58
Monday
  • rest day
Tuesday
  • Intervals!
  • Ladder @ 5k pace w/ 3min RI (0.4k, 0.8k, 1.2k, 1.6k, 1.2k, 0.8k, 0.4k)
  • distance = 6.4 miles
  • Time = 0:58:32
  • Average Pace = 9:09 min./mi.
  • I somehow completely forgot about this workout during the last training cycle. I must of blocked it out of my mind due to how uncomfortable it is. The whole time I was trying to negotiate with myself that I could stop and no one would now. - - Mentally tough for me - -
Wednesday
  • rest day
Thursday
  • M Tempo
  • 0.18 mi. WU + 1 x 5.5 mi. @ M Tempo
  • distance = 5.82 miles
  • Time = 0:50:07
  • Pace = 8:37 min./mi.
Friday
  • Easy A
  • 1 x 5.76 mi. @ EA
  • distance = 5.74 miles
  • Time = 1:00:46
  • Pace = 10:35 min./mi.
Saturday
  • Easy B
  • 1 x 9.26 mi. @ EB
  • Actual distance = 9.33 miles
  • Actual time = 1:28:35
  • Pace = 9:30 min./mi.
  • The wind over the past 3 runs has been a pain in the butt. At this time of year, we only get warm weather with a wind that blows over the rocky mountains. It is a gusty wind that is relentless and makes the back half of my runs a little challenging
Sunday
  • Long Run
  • 1 x 10 mi. @ LR
  • Actual distance = 10.1 miles
  • Actual Time = 1:36:58
  • Pace = 9:41 min./mi.
  • Had a rough time getting off the couch today. I did not want to go outside and do this run. Ended up running it on the treadmill while watching the extended cut of Justice League.

Week ?? of ??
We are 278 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:
  • Running Distance = 36.97 miles
  • Running Time = 5:5:48
Monday
  • rest day
Tuesday
  • Intervals!
  • Ladder @ 5k pace w/ 3min RI (0.4k, 0.8k, 1.2k, 1.2k, 0.8k, 0.4k)
  • distance = 5.14 miles
  • Time = 0:46:12
  • Average Pace = 8:59 min./mi.
  • caved and missed the 1 mile piece.
Wednesday
  • rest day
Thursday
  • M Tempo
  • 1.5 mi. WU + 1 x 3.9 mi. @ M Tempo + 1.5 CD
  • distance = 6.31 miles
  • Time = 1:01:15
  • Pace = 9:42 min./mi.
Friday
  • Easy A
  • 1 x 5.76 mi. @ EA
  • distance = 5.83 miles
  • Time = 1:00:07
  • Pace = 10:19 min./mi.
Saturday
  • Easy B
  • 1 x 9.26 mi. @ EB
  • Actual distance = 9.67 miles
  • Actual time = 1:32:09
  • Pace = 9:32 min./mi.
Sunday
  • Long Run
  • 1 x 10 mi. @ LR
  • Actual distance = 10.02 miles
  • Actual Time = 1:34:06
  • Pace = 9:23 min./mi.
  • Has all intentions of running this one outside. Wind warning in effect...up to 100 kmph wind gusts today. Decided to move this one to the treadmill. Was supposed to go 13.11 miles, but just could not mentally make it past the 10 mile mark.

Week ?? of ??
We are 271 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:
  • Running Distance = 12.16 miles
  • Running Time = 2:32:04
I took the majority of the week off from running. All I recorded was a couch to 5k run with my DD on Wednesday and then a 10 mile run with my DS on Sunday.

I had a lingering soreness on the outside of my right ankle that was bothering me for the past week or so. I believe it is related to spending too much time on the treadmill and also delaying the purchase of a new pair of running shoes. Taking the majority of the week off of running seemed to help quite a bit with the ankle.

Was nice to go out on a run with my son and not have a "pace" programmed into my watch. My DS was on week 11 of 12 for the Higdon Novice 1 plan. So the long run was a 10 miler. The weather was half snow and half rain. Noticed DS was running out of steam at around the 7 mile mark. I questioned him about it and found out he did not hydrate properly the night before and barely drank any water before the run today. That was a recipe for disaster. I also noticed he did not seem to have the fitness level I would have thought for week 11 of 12. There is no way he is ready for the half marathon on week 12. I suggested that he take a step back to week 7 or week 8 and see if that helps improve his fitness level. We shall see if that works.

I finally broke down and purchased a new pair of running shoes. I retired two pairs of New Balance 840v4s. Each pair had logged over 550 miles each since I bought them at the end of summer last year. Instead of sticking with the same pair of shoes, I wanted to change it up and see if I notice a difference in foot fatigue/pain after pounding the pavement.

I tried on a pair of New Balance 1080s, but noticed it seemed to have a bit of lift in the heel. I tried a fancy heel lock tie on the shoes, but that heel lift was still there. That pretty much decided it for me. There is no way I was going to try and live with a heel slip...I could just see the irritation and heel blisters forming!

I noticed a pair of Brooks Glycerine 19 and decided to try them on. They felt really nice. I decided to give them a try this spring and see if I notice any difference. If they work out well, I will get two pairs at the end of the summer at the beginning of the Dopey 2022 plan!

I tried on a pair of New Balance 1080s, but noticed it seemed to have a bit of lift in the heel. I tried a fancy heel lock tie on the shoes, but that heel lift was still there. That pretty much decided it for me. There is no way I was going to try and live with a heel slip...I could just see the irritation and heel blisters forming!

I noticed a pair of Brooks Glycerine 19 and decided to try them on. They felt really nice. I decided to give them a try this spring and see if I notice any difference. If they work out well, I will get two pairs at the end of the summer at the beginning of the Dopey 2022 plan!

I've been running in Glycrine's for a couple of years now and I love the cushioning they provide.

I also tried the New Balance and had the same problem. Never even left the store with them.

I'm trying out Saucony's now. My wife is picking them up from the running store today and I'll put in a couple of miles in them tonight!

Good luck with the Glycerin's!

Week ?? of ??
We are 265 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:
  • Running Distance = 29.08 miles
  • Running Time = 4:41:38
Found a bit of motivation this week with a Strava Challenge. It was the "Green Runners’ Week SE Marathon de Paris" challenge. You had to run 42km in 7 days. Since I typically run 5 days a week, I wanted to finish it in 4 days so that I had a bit if buffer if I ran into trouble.

Tuesday - 7.02 miles in 1:04:30 with a 9:12 average pace.

I ran the first 5k in 27:24 which I thought was pretty good for not being in peak condition. I then slowed down and settled into a 9:40-ish pace for the rest of the run.

Thursday - 7.51 miles in 1:05:46 with an average pace of 8:45

Once I loosened up after the first mile, they were all negative splits. I was fighting a gusty wind for most of the run and did not think it was going to turn out well. I was surprised that it ended up being my second fastest 10k (54:18). I then compared it to my 10k back at the virtual Dopey in January 2021 of 52:27. It goes to show how in shape I was back then. I will definitely flag this to remind myself that the @DopeyBadger plan I used might have been exhausting at times, but it did get me in really good shape.

Friday - 4.71 miles in 0:48:43 with an average pace of 10:20.

They cant all be hard runs...right? I do not want to fall back into they old patterns of every run needs to be hard.

Saturday = 7.62 miles in 1:09:39 with an average pace of 9:09.

Felt good. I am getting real tired of these north winds keeping it cold and on the verge of snow. Mother nature needs to let go of winter and let spring/summer arrive. Mostly negative splits on this run as well. The only problem I had was I slowed down on 4 and 5 (must have been day dreaming), then started doing the negative splits again on the back end.

Sunday - 2.23 miles in 0:33:00 with an average pace of 14:49.

DD and I went out together in the snow flurries and tackled week 7 of her Couch25k plan. Proud of her. She had some pretty major oral surgery on Friday and stuck to her plan to get out today for a run.

We did 5 min. WU + 10 min. run + 3 min. walk +10 min. run + 5 min. CD.

I started booking Friday's off of work starting in May and continuing throughout the summer. I have a plan to head into the Rocky Mountains and tackle some trails. I will be using this to build up some stability and strength before I start my Dopey plan at the end of summer. I can't wait for the snow to melt!

Week ?? of ??
We are 258 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!
(The further we go into April, the more worried I get that Dopey 2022 may not happen. Looking back, I see my registration was on May 12th, 2020.)

Summary:
  • Running Distance = 39.85 miles
  • Running Time = 6:44:32
Monday:
  • Off
Tuesday:
  • 1 mi. WU + 6 x 0.5 mi. @ HM w/ 5 x 0.5 mi. RI @ WU + 1 mi. CD
  • Distance = 7.51 miles
  • Time = 1:14:03
  • It is a beautiful thing when the intervals switch from 5k pace to HM pace. It feels wonderful!
  • Couch25k with my DD: 5 min. WU + 22 min. Run + 5 min. CD
  • Distance = 2.15 miles
  • Time = 0:32:07
Wednesday:
  • Off
Thursday:
  • 1.5 mi. WU + 1 x 6 mi. @ M Tempo+ 1.5 mi. CD
  • Distance = 9.36 miles
  • Time = 1:24:41
  • Couch25k with my DD: 5 min. WU + 25 min. Run + 5 min. CD
  • Distance = 2.40 miles
  • Time = 0:35:28
Friday:
  • 1 x 6 mi. @ EB
  • Distance = 6.02 miles
  • Time = 0:57:28
  • Had panned on running at EA pace, but could not slow myself down enough. Therefore I switched this workout with Saturdays.
Saturday:
  • 1 x 6 mi. @ EA
  • Distance = 5.77 miles
  • Time = 0:58:32
  • This was the first run this year I could use my summer running gear. (shorts and a short sleeve shirt).
Sunday:
  • 1 x 6.5 miles @ LR
  • Distance = 6.63 miles
  • Time = 1:02:14
  • Forced to the basement on the treadmill. After a beautiful day yesterday with temperatures peaking at 19C, today I woke up to snow flurries and -3C. Got to love spring in Alberta!
Overall it was a very successful week. The mileage was higher than expected, but I did not feel over tiered at all.

Week ?? of ??
We are 251 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:
  • Running Distance = 12.69 miles
  • Running Time = 2:11:02
Tuesday:
  • 1 mi. WU + 4 x 1 mi. @ HM w/ 3 x 0.5 mi. RI @ WU + 1 mi. CD
  • Distance = 7.52 miles
  • Time = 1:10:16
Had my first dose of Covid vaccine on Tuesday. There was no choice for my age group - AstraZeneca it was. I did not notice any side-effects right away, so I went out for my interval run. The run felt great. I felt strong through all 4 - 1 mile runs.

About 8 hours later things went down hill fast. The throbbing headache began, the high fever started, the aches in my joints began, and might as well bring on the chills as well. I tried to suffer through it, but gave in at about 2:30am and took some Tylenol. The headache subsided about 12 hours later, the fever seemed to linger for the next 24 hours and the aches in the joints are almost gone. I am still feeling a bit lethargic, but I am sure I am on my way to 100% soon.

I took of my running on Thursday and Friday. I am sure I could have done it, but felt I need to conserve all my energy for my immune system...it has been working overtime.

Saturday:
  • 5 mile run
  • Distance = 5.17 miles
  • Time = 1:00:46
Picked up my DS and his furniture from University on Friday. I was ready to take the day off of running, but he came downstairs in his running gear Saturday morning. I could not say no. So we went out and ran 5 miles at his pace. Felt good to pull back a bit on the pace.

Sunday:

Was planing on running today, but felt really exhausted. Decided to give my body a little more rest before we jump back into consistent running again. That AstraZeneca really beat me down this week.

Week ?? of ??
We are 237 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:
  • I missed entering my data last week, so will do two weeks in one post.
  • I have been on the struggle bus that last two weeks. It has been a mental battle to keep the running going with no race in sight.
  • Last week
    • Running Distance = 28.68 miles
    • Running Time = 4:58:59
  • This week
    • Running Distance = 30.62 miles
    • Running Time = 4:46:25
  • Last Week
    • Monday - Rest day
    • Tuesday
      • Run #1 - 3.14 miles for 32:02 at a pace of 10:12 (not an interval run like I have been doing for over a year now.)
      • Run #2 - 2.43 miles for 35:01 at a pace of 14:24 (DD is almost at 5k with her C25k program!)
    • Wednesday - Rest day
    • Thursday
      • Run #1 - 5.01 miles for 46:02 at a pace of 9:11
      • Run #2 - 2.14 miles for 30:03 at a pace of 14:01 (DD C25k)
    • Friday
      • 5.97 miles for 1:00:07 at a pace of 10:04 (started incorporating more climbing today. Need t start gearing up for the mountain trails this summer).
    • Saturday
      • 6.44 miles for 1:01:45 at a pace of 9:36 (ran 2 miles off road and on some trails...love it)
    • Sunday
      • 3.55 miles for 33:59 at a pace of 9:34
  • This week
    • Monday - Rest day
    • Tuesday
      • 6.23 miles for 1:01:14 at a pace of 9:49 (2 miles on trail run again)
    • Wednesday - Rest day
    • Thursday
      • 3.23 miles for 31:00 at a pace of 9:35
    • Friday
      • Run #1 - 4.18 miles for 40:39 at a pace of 9:43 (Took my car in for an oil change and ran home)
      • Run #2 - 4.20 miles for 42:56 at a pace of 10:14 ( ran bac to pick up my car from the oil change)
    • Saturday
      • 4.4 miles for 41:07 at a pace of 9:21 (on the treadmill...weather made a turn for the worst...snow tonight!)
    • Sunday
      • 8.38 miles for 1:19:29 at a pace of 9:29 (on the treadmill...sleet outside)

Week ?? of ??
We are 229 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:
  • Running Distance = 37.73 miles
  • Running Time = 6:18:00

• Monday - Rest day
  • Tuesday
    • Run #1 - 3.11 miles for 27:11 at a pace of 8:44
    • Run #2 - 2.27 miles for 32:02 at a pace of 14:07 (DD C25k)
  • Wednesday - Rest day
  • Thursday
    • Run #1 - 6.60 miles for 1:06:08 at a pace of 10:01 (trail run for 2 miles in the middle)
    • Run #2 - 2.71 miles for 39:30 at a pace of 14:34 (DD C25k)
  • Friday
    • 6.22 miles for 0:56:16 at a pace of 9:03 (trail run for 2 miles in the middle)
  • Saturday
    • 13.11 miles for 2:10:26 at a pace of 9:57
    • The first 2.1 miles were up hill for an elevation gain of 300 feet. The next 4.1 miles were trail running. The remainder of the run was on the bike paths.
  • Sunday
    • 3.11 miles for 27:27 at a pace of 8:50

Three of the runs this week included trails. I am preparing myself for trail running in the mountains this summer.

Week ?? of ??
We are 223 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:
  • Running Distance = 21.40 miles
  • Running Time = 3:24:00
  • I didn't realise I was a slacker this week until I tallied up my runs. Must have not been feeling it.

• Monday - Rest day
  • Tuesday
    • 3.21 miles for 29:41 at a pace of 9:15
  • Wednesday - Rest day
  • Thursday
    • 3.15 miles for 0:32:19 at a pace of 10:16
  • Friday
    • 6.07 miles for 0:53:27 at a pace of 8:48
    • Up hill for the first half of this run (approximately 330 ft gain). The down hill portion was negative splits all the way home (last mile was a 7:34 pace). Approximately 1 minute off of my 10k PR.
  • Saturday
    • 3.26 miles for 0:29:46 at a pace of 9:08
  • Sunday
    • 5.71 miles for 58:47 at a pace of 10:18
    • First real trail run for the summer. Went through Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park. I have lived near this park for 21 years and never knew it existed. Was fun to have new scenery for a run and some challenging climbs. Ended up getting about 750 ft of elevation gain. That was a good leg/lung workout.

I have lived near this park for 21 years and never knew it existed.

Isn't that interesting when that happens? We went to visit my daughter 2 weeks ago back in MA, and ended up going for a walk in a place near where I grew up that I had never heard of before. Of course, pre-Internet, I suppose that was bound to happen!

Week ?? of ??
We are 216 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:
  • Running Distance = 31.70 miles
  • Running Time = 5:10:06

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday
  • 3.18 miles for 0:30:48 at a pace of 9:41
Wednesday - Rest day

Thursday
  • 6.22 miles for 0:57:08 at a pace of 9:11
Friday
  • 11.03 miles for 1:59:43 at a pace of 10:51
  • Ran around Glenbow Ranch Park again. There are a lot of challenging hills to build up leg strength and endurance here. I was also dealing with a relentless wind out of the west.
Saturday
  • 8.02 miles for 1:11:19 at a pace of 8:54
  • Uphill for the first half and then negative splits all the way home.
Sunday
  • 3.25 miles for 0:31:10 at a pace of 9:35
  • Today was all about recovery. Friday and Saturday took all my leg strength away. Nothing but tired legs.

Week ?? of ??
We are 203 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

I have been lazy again with my posting, but still out there logging the miles. Here is a two week update.

Summary:
Week of May 31 - June 6 -
Running Distance = 22.68 miles​
Running Time = 3:31:55​
Monday - Rest day​
Tuesday​
  • 3.11 miles for 0:24:53 at a pace of 8:00 min./mi.
Wednesday - Rest day​
Thursday​
  • 5.02 miles for 0:45:16 at a pace of 9:01 min./mi.
  • walked 0.42 miles back home at the end of the run.
Friday​
  • 6.23 miles for 1:03:44 at a pace of 10:14 min./mi.
  • This was a run in Glenbow Ranch Park again. It was super hot out and it definitely beat me down quite a bit.
  • Walked 0.63 miles back to the vehicle.
Saturday​
  • 3.22 miles for 0:30:15 at a pace of 9:24 min./mi.
Sunday​
  • 5.10 miles for 0:47:47 at a pace of 9:23 min./mi.
Week of June 7 - June 13 -
Running Distance = 33:07 miles​
Running Time = 5:47:18​
Monday - Rest day​
Tuesday​
  • 4.54 miles for 0:40:32 at a pace of 8:55 min./mi.
  • This was a make shift Interval where I did the following:
  • I had planned on sticking to a ladder pattern where I would run each interval in a specific range of 30 seconds, but it did not work out that way.
    • Interval 1 was supposed to be 5 minutes at a pace range of 8:45 - 9:15 - Check (8:47)
    • Interval 2 was supposed to be 5 minutes at a pace range of 8:15 - 8:45 - Check (8:28)
    • Interval 3 was supposed to be 5 minutes at a pace range of 7:45 - 8:15 - Check (8:06)
    • Interval 4 was supposed to be 5 minutes at a pace range of 8:15 - 8:45 - Check (8:33)
    • Interval 5 was supposed to be 5 minutes at a pace range of 8:45 - 9:15 - Fail (8:17)
Wednesday - Rest day​
Thursday​
  • First run - 3.17 miles for 0:30:03 at a pace of 9:29 min./mi.
  • I did not have time to squeeze the full run in all at once today, so I broke it into two runs separated by 2.5 hours
  • Second run - 3.29 miles for 0:30:02 at a pace of 9:07 min./mi.
Friday​
  • 6.74 miles for 1:00:20 at a pace of 8:57 min./mi.
Saturday​
  • 9.11 miles for 2:08:52 at a pace of 14:08 min./mi. with an elevation gain of 2,064 ft.
  • I finally got out to the mountains for my first official run up a mountain this year. The first 3 miles were me running the trails around to the back side of the mountain. The second 3 miles were the mountain chewing me up and spitting me out ( I mostly hiked this part with a few jogs in-between). The last 3 miles was me running down the front side of the mountain. I loved every minute of it! Unfortunately my legs did not agree with me and I woke up this morning up to a lot of lactic acid build up.
  • Once I reached the summit, this was my view:
  • In addition, there was a helicopter at the top picking someone up and taking them off the mountain. I assuming they twisted their ankle. Here is a couple of pictures of that. It was quite a site to see this.
Sunday​
  • I had talked myself out of doing any running today early on. However, it did not sit right with me. I decided to go out for a jog to and try and flush out some of this lactic acid build-up.
  • I walked for the first 1.25 miles so that I did not have to feel my legs screaming at me as I climbed 125 ft.
  • I then jogged 6.22 miles for 0:57:29 at a pace of 9:15 min./mi. ...Man those legs felt really tired.
  • I then finished it up with a walk back to the house of another 1.02 miles.
I am so happy to finally be able to get out onto the trails and build up some of those stability muscles. I am hoping it will benefit me when I pick up Dopey Training again at the end of August.

We're planning a week-long holiday in Calgary/Banff for August. I might take you up on some trail run suggestions! :)

Week ?? of ??
We are 196 days from the starting line for Dopey 2022!

Summary:

Running Distance = 24.72 miles
Running Time = 4:04:00

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday
  • 3.49 miles for 0:34:41 at a pace of 9:56 min./mi.
  • was still sore from the mountain last Saturday. I was pretty much sore until Thursday
Wednesday - Rest day

Thursday
  • 1.17 miles for 0:14:39 at a pace of 9:43 min./mi.
  • Started doing the wrong run and did not realise it until I was in the first fast interval. Completed the first interval and then switched to a standard run. If my legs were not still sore, I would have finished the intervals.
  • 3.12 miles for 0:28:24 at a pace of 9:06 min./mi.
Friday
  • 6.37 miles for 1:15:10 at a pace of 11:48 min./mi.
  • This was my trail run for the week. I went to Kananaskis and ran the Fullerton Loop Trail. ( https://www.albertaparks.ca/parks/k...ty/trail-reports/elbow-valley/fullerton-loop/ )
  • I did the 4 mile loop and then ran an extra 2.3 miles along some side trails to get a 10k out of it. Loved every minute of this one. I am still building up to be able to run up all the hills, that will take a bit of time.
Saturday
  • 10.23 miles for 1:31:06 at a pace of 8:54 min./mi.
  • I did a long run on Saturday because I went in later in the day for my second COVID shot. I was not sure how I was going to feel on Sunday, so decided to get the long run done early.
Sunday
  • Did not run. Feeling still a little lethargic, so decided to rest up for next week.

I am excited and nervous about the quick find and then removal of the Marathon Weekend notice on runDisney. I had gotten to the point where I was ready to give up on January 2022. I guess I need to dust off a training plan and prepare! Might need to tweak my last Dopey plan. I have been running a lot more miles than it calls for at the beginning of that plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter