Run, walk, crawl 2,016 miles in 2016...who's in?

2manypets

DIS Veteran
I'm creating this thread to keep myself accountable. If anyone else is interested in joining me, I'd love to have company along the way!

My goal for 2016 is to make it 2,016 miles, using any mileage my Fitbit tells me I walked even if it's just doing laundry and grocery shopping distance. A step is a step, right? :thumbsup2

In 2015, I walked, ran and yes even crawled a little over 1250 miles in 7 months. Hoping this new challenge will keep me active and help get in better condition health wise.

Oops wrong forum, I meant to post this on the WISH board...Moderators if you'd please send me on over

If you go to the Fitbit website, go to your stats and hover your mouse over it. A small box will come up that says "see more" Click on that and you can change the setting to today, week, month or year. It shows your steps, distance, floors and calories.

If you go to the Fitbit website, go to your stats and hover your mouse over it. A small box will come up that says "see more" Click on that and you can change the setting to today, week, month or year. It shows your steps, distance, floors and calories.

I never knew that either I will go check it out. I have a walking goal for this year also but just workout distance not just everyday distance.

I'm doing this as a team of two with my cousin. We are only counting intentional miles :)

Most of my miles are intentional, but trying to deduct the mileage from walking to the park (roughly .5 miles), the paths in the park (roughly .8 - 1.2 miles each)would be difficult. I also do laps at work around the parking garage, sometimes it's 4 laps sometimes it's 10 laps. There are also two parks within .5 - .75 miles from me, which I switch up so I don't get bored. I would have to sit down, write down starting miles and ending miles each time I start and do a lot of calculating. Since the non stop calculating is a pain in my patootie, I'm choosing to use all miles. Recording minutes of working out is much easier as I just note the time I started and finished and add them up.

Thus far from the 1st to the 7th...

41.85 / 2016

I just set mine for workout only since my husband set a goal for distance he has ran this year. As of today I am at 14.5/ 780k

Last edited:
114.90/2016..... had to correct my number.... had other numbers in the adding machine when I totaled it. LOL

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!