Rumor? Seas and The Land closing?

I can see the seas pavilion. Close or change.

Me too. Regardless of how large of an aquarium it is, I don't see it being a large traffic draw. I also imagine the upkeep costs are exuberant which would likely factor into it's demise. There is a theme park within a few miles of WDW that has world class sea exhibits and it is their core expertise, so I'm not sure Disney wants to continue to compete against that.

To me, it would be like SeaWorld building a Haunted Mansion; it's just not part of their portfolio.

I think this rumor has just a dusting of truth. The Land Pavilion indoor theming and traffic management has never made sense to me. The backup that happens on those stairs in the morning otw to soarin’ and the need for ecvs to wait for the elevator needs a rework. Not to mention the pavilion feels like a dated mall inside. Not exactly immersive. Living with the land and soarin might see an extended refurb while they rework the main area of the pavilion.

The seas needs some work as well... the aquarium tanks are cloudy... some of this is the age some is the tech that was available at the time. They would need to completely gut the interior and remove the animals. basically rebuild in the allotted space. I could see where the animals might have a new exhibit in ak the cost would probably be similar and they wouldnt have the constraints of the old building.

Remind me why imagination isnt torn down yet? that pavilion is far far worse... why dont they bulldoze that?!

Remind me why imagination isnt torn down yet? that pavilion is far far worse... why dont they bulldoze that?!
Please don't bulldoze the Imagination Pavilion! I know it needs work, but I just love that building. And would love nothing more than to restore the original ride. The glass pyramids are so iconic. I long for the "good ol' days" of the rainbow tunnel and the gigantic table with the pins you'd push your faces into. [Anyone else? Just me?] Oh, and remember when the jumping fountains actually worked? At least, for now, I get to hang out up there in the DVC lounge.

Yes, I know - just count me in as another one of those that just can't let go of the old Epcot.....

Please don't bulldoze the Imagination Pavilion! I know it needs work, but I just love that building. And would love nothing more than to restore the original ride. The glass pyramids are so iconic. I long for the "good ol' days" of the rainbow tunnel and the gigantic table with the pins you'd push your faces into. [Anyone else? Just me?] Oh, and remember when the jumping fountains actually worked? At least, for now, I get to hang out up there in the DVC lounge.

Yes, I know - just count me in as another one of those that just can't let go of the old Epcot.....
I appreciate all the pavillions from the outside and the Imagination building is just so unique and cool. Even though Epcot has a weak line up of attractions compared to the other parks, it is my favorite park. Waking around there, especially after the sun goes down, and soaking up the attmosphere around those pavillions makes the visit so much fun for me. I do hope that the Imagination building stays for the rest of my life and those of my descendants. It is AMAZING!

yes “clicks” is something his sight is WELL known for. NEVER trust rumors from “Clickbait ******”. Even when he hits the odds that a rumor is true it’s already been confirmed through multiple other sights

The Seas has a joint research adventure with a university I believe. Plus the USDA research with Land would make both these pavilions just shutting down mean burning some serious bridges.

Plus as the insiders have already stated- overhaul of rest of Future world would be at least pass 3, not 2 (literally laughin at this rumor on the other board). Sheesh even a simple google search would turn that up and “Clickbait” can’t even get such a small detail correct:sad2:
So happy to be wrong. Love these exhibits but they do need refurbs.

I Should clarify all these buildings look cool on the outside, but the current ride in imagination is simply terrible, the theatre shows clips from pixar shorts you can see on netflix... maybe gut it is a better expression

Yea The exteriors are nice, especially for Imagination and the entrance for Seas, but given the quality of the rides and age might be easiest for them to bulldoze and just build something knew with a similar aesthetic so they wound't have to work around the building for all the changes and probably get it more up to code with current standards as well.

As far as Seas possible leaving I'd miss it more than Land as I love the ocean and the animal so fun to go through and check it out but it does feel a little dated and agree the upkeep is likely expensive. Honestly I'd be ok with it leaving if I knew an expansion I wanted was coming to AK. Would like to see them build a large new Expansion for Australia. Can move the Nemo musical over there and add in a new Nemo ride too if they wanted. Then in addition to marsupials, dingoes, and other Australian animals they could do a small aquarium area themed to the Great Barrier Reef. This would allow them to still have the feel of Seas at the parks but in a more thematic setting and on a smaller more manageable scale. Plus this would add some great additions to AK, open up the Nemo theatre for Dinoland (or some other retheme) expansion, and the Seas area open for EPCOT to build new stuff.

I just found out...
The rumor part about the land...
It’s true... all of it. About 5 years out.

I think this rumor has just a dusting of truth. The Land Pavilion indoor theming and traffic management has never made sense to me. The backup that happens on those stairs in the morning otw to soarin’ and the need for ecvs to wait for the elevator needs a rework. Not to mention the pavilion feels like a dated mall inside. Not exactly immersive. Living with the land and soarin might see an extended refurb while they rework the main area of the pavilion.

The seas needs some work as well... the aquarium tanks are cloudy... some of this is the age some is the tech that was available at the time. They would need to completely gut the interior and remove the animals. basically rebuild in the allotted space. I could see where the animals might have a new exhibit in ak the cost would probably be similar and they wouldnt have the constraints of the old building.

Both of these pavilions need some attention and a lot of updating. I know that the Living Seas aquarium should be a huge draw, but it is really murky right now. It makes me sad to see that. I firmly believe that with the efforts to restore the coral reefs, and to reduce the effects of plastics in the oceans, as well as changes being made to sunscreens now that we know the oil is having a dvaastating effect on the sea creatures, there could be wonderful exhibits located in this building. Children are embracing this knowledge, and if the exhibits were interactive, much like the aquariums in my area, I bet this building woudl come alive.

The Land is so sad as welll. If you are hungry, the food court (yes, Sunshine Seasons is one giant food court IMO) is a draw, however once you beat feet to Soarin' and then stroll over to Living with the Land, it's all over. I would reboot the whole thing, I miss the CIrcle of Life, and wonder why that theater is not utilized. The little film was old and dated, however with the technology DIsney has in their gorgeous Earth related movies, why not include one there? Use the model that science museums have, adding interactive exhibits that draw children and adults alike, and include a gift shop that has more than a few shirts, pins and air plants.

DIsney is so progressive in conservation efforts, yet fails miserably in sharing their efforts with the general guest population. The environment is the future, and if you look at the explosion if environmental science programs and marine biology students, it makes sense to me that DIsney would use both of these pavilions as models of all that we can do in the present to preserve the future. Integrate all the IP you want, update the rides and add a show, interactive exhibits, and decent gift shops.

The Living Seas is so dated and lacking. Not to mention once you finish the Nemo ride you enter the old exhibit area with minimal interactive exhibits and a lot of dead open space. The underwater portions are looking dingy and in need of update as well. I miss the old exhibit which was downright cool back in the day, but realize it is never coming back.

The Land is still decent. Attractions are good and food court is decent. The people flow can get congested, but part of that is due to the lack of compelling exhibits right now at Epcot.

I was sad to hear these rumors, but not totally surprised. The Seas needs a realy update and I'm not sure how you do that.
I enjoy LWtL, but it rarely has much of a line. Love the domes and plants there. But, again, needs updating. Hate to see the food court go away.
I agree, i don't understand how they can talk about getting rid of these two and not the Imagination Pavilion. That ride continues to be oneof the worst even with the updates. Not close to what it was. You have a large area to be able to do something different.

Does Journey Into Imagination still have that catchy tune? Imaaaagination, imaaaagination... :-)

It makes me sad that so little people mentioned Turtle Talk. We did it for the first time on our last trip and it was so much fun. Finding Nemo is my favorite animated movie so I would be sad to lose it if it came to that. I can't see anything happen to the Land pavilion, home of a very popular ride, popular table service restaurant, and a very popular quick service location. Plus I believe both Nemo and Living with the Land are both omnimovers, which are great rides to have in a park.

It makes me sad that so little people mentioned Turtle Talk. We did it for the first time on our last trip and it was so much fun. Finding Nemo is my favorite animated movie so I would be sad to lose it if it came to that. I can't see anything happen to the Land pavilion, home of a very popular ride, popular table service restaurant, and a very popular quick service location. Plus I believe both Nemo and Living with the Land are both omnimovers, which are great rides to have in a park.

Living with the Land is not an omnimover, it's a boat ride, but it does have a high throughput of people. The Land is great, and it's getting a new movie for the Harvest Theater space.

The Figment ride should be redone using the Mystic Manor technology. It would be perfect, the main character being Figment obviously, and everything changes as you go through but instead of it being caused by magic, it’s caused by imagination. They’ve already got the basic template, anyone with a bit of creativity could very quickly come up with the imagination transformations in different environments.

The Figment ride should be redone using the Mystic Manor technology. It would be perfect, the main character being Figment obviously, and everything changes as you go through but instead of it being caused by magic, it’s caused by imagination. They’ve already got the basic template, anyone with a bit of creativity could very quickly come up with the imagination transformations in different environments.

fully agree and have been telling anyone who listens the same - would be a perfect fit and recasting of an existing attraction

only negative now, is that you have a trackless ride going into France so would be two similar technology rides very close to each other - but who cares!!! Mystic Manor might be my favorite "Disney" type ride in the world and Figment is one of my top characters - put them together Iger!!!! Plus it is a ride the entire family can do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter