Rumor? Seas and The Land closing?

With all of the other activities going on I find that hard to believe since both pavilions are still pretty popular. At least not in the next few years. I will admit the Seas aquarium does look pretty dated and Im sure it would be a huge cost savings to not have to care for all of those creatures.

Epcot is going through a major transformation. It wouldn’t surprise me to see major changes to these pavilions but it would surprise me to see both completely demolished.

They also note 2024-2026. So much can happen between now and then. Look at DHS. It was near certain that Cars land was going to be built there and then it wasn’t. You also had a different version of Star Wars land that would’ve went in the echo lake area. So take it with a grain of salt for now.

My reaction would really depend on what they plan on replacing them with... I enjoy The land and sea, but if it's something cool, I'm okay with them going. If it's more marvel, I may riot lol

Epcot is going through a major transformation. It wouldn’t surprise me to see major changes to these pavilions but it would surprise me to see both completely demolished.

They also note 2024-2026. So much can happen between now and then. Look at DHS. It was near certain that Cars land was going to be built there and then it wasn’t. You also had a different version of Star Wars land that would’ve went in the echo lake area. So take it with a grain of salt for now.
Yup, this! Still a lot of time between now and then.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is just one of the ideas being thrown around. And even if it did come true it would take even more time and end up in a very different form. But I wouldn’t completely discount it (wdwnt does have relatively reliable sources)

Thanks guys. This was just huge news for not hearing any rumblings before.
If nothing else, it reminded me that the Dis is such a great place!

Last edited:
The whole west side of Future World is really all that remains of the OLD Epcot and I would think that these pavilions SHOULD see some major work as part of this re-imagining.

While the Land pavilion is great for Soaring and a bite to eat, not many go there for the boat ride. The Seas, is a VERY weak aquarium when compared to small, local aquariums, and I am not even sure if you can consider the Nemo ride a ride .. more of an relaxing entrance to the pavilion.

And we dont need to say a lot about the Imagination pavilion.

I could see the them heavily updated, but not bulldozed. I could see them totally losing their pavilion/education concept (which, they pretty much have already) and putting in more exciting/desirable attractions.

If it wasnt for Soarin, that whole side of the park is skippable.

Seems like it’d be a lot of effort and money for demolition of both pavilions. All the greenhouse and aquarium infrastructure would be a pain, and relocating all the sea critters could result in some bad PR.

Especially with soarin already being in the land I doubt that building goes in any major direction of change. The Seas could use some sort of a refresh (just a new paint scheme and better lighting would do wonders) but I can’t see it being totally ripped out either

Yup, this! Still a lot of time between now and then.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is just one of the ideas being thrown around. And even if it did come true it would take even more time and end up in a very different form. But I wouldn’t completely discount it (wdwnt does have relatively reliable sources)
Yep completely agree.

The whole west side of Future World is really all that remains of the OLD Epcot and I would think that these pavilions SHOULD see some major work as part of this re-imagining.

While the Land pavilion is great for Soaring and a bite to eat, not many go there for the boat ride. The Seas, is a VERY weak aquarium when compared to small, local aquariums, and I am not even sure if you can consider the Nemo ride a ride .. more of an relaxing entrance to the pavilion.

And we dont need to say a lot about the Imagination pavilion.

I could see the them heavily updated, but not bulldozed. I could see them totally losing their pavilion/education concept (which, they pretty much have already) and putting in more exciting/desirable attractions.

If it wasnt for Soarin, that whole side of the park is skippable.
Imagination is in such desperate need for a reimagining (pun intended) and has been since they totally screwed it up in the late 90s. I feel like figment is popular enough that they could try and go back to the roots of the original attraction, albeit in different form, and it’d draw a good crowd

Imagination is in such desperate need for a reimagining (pun intended) and has been since they totally screwed it up in the late 90s. I feel like figment is popular enough that they could try and go back to the roots of the original attraction, albeit in different form, and it’d draw a good crowd
Agree .. the concept is there, they just need to give it some attention .. and do something else with the 4-d theatre besides show pixar shorts.

Basically ..just feels like theyve put Epcot on auto-pilot attraction-wise until recently. It will take a long time to refresh all the boring, outdated attractions.

Basically agree with everything said above, the pavilions certainly need work, and I’m not too attached to them. Make something new and true to Epcot as a replacement and I won’t bat an eye.

On a side note, I know Epcot’s more of an experience park, but I do still believe it could use more rides, but I’m glad we have some coming, IP or not

I love Living with the Land!, I would hope that if they did follow through on this that They would keep some of the same aspects. Sunshine Seasons, LWTL and Soarin. The Pavilions could certainly use an update. The Sea's could be done so much better in the age of 2020's. Possible looking to capitalize on a live action Little Mermaid down the road? Or they could be thinking the other way and its going to be a Marvel Avengers area. I do love me some Marvel, but i hope they are going to stay true to the vision there creating.

Agree .. the concept is there, they just need to give it some attention .. and do something else with the 4-d theatre besides show pixar shorts.

Basically ..just feels like theyve put Epcot on auto-pilot attraction-wise until recently. It will take a long time to refresh all the boring, outdated attractions.
One of the best and saddest description I’ve heard relating to parts of future world is an abandoned strip mall. And I can’t lie, it’s definately fitting when you look at innoventions and the imagination pavilion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter